Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Opinions on Powerstop rotors and ceramic brakepads

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/14, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions on Powerstop rotors and ceramic brakepads

Im looking for your opinions on the powerstop rotors which are cross drilled and slotted as well as the matched ceramic brake pads.
Im considering buying these and would like to know anyones experience with them.
Thanks
Old 3/22/14, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Are you talking about the kits on A.M.? I'm interested in this also but for Brembo brakes. It has great reviews on A.M. and a good price.
Old 3/22/14, 07:37 PM

Yep. The kit I need is on sale till the end of the month and I was hoping someone here might have some experience with them.
I dont have the Brembos, just the factory stockers.
I figure they would have to be better then stock. Just wanted to know about the break in and if they were loud or pulsey.
Old 3/23/14, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm in for opinions as well...
Old 3/23/14, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by magnido45
I'm in for opinions as well...
x2. I just hate that the stock rotors look like hell.
Old 3/25/14, 08:30 PM

Well A.M. is out of stock on this rotor and brake kit at the $329.99 price.
So i started looking around the net and found it for $296.99 and an additional 10% off! Im not sure if I am allowed to post where so if your interested just message me, or let me know its ok and I will post it.
I will give my opinion on this rotor and brake kit once I get them installed.
Old 3/25/14, 11:45 PM

Yeah keep us posted. I've also been interested in these brakes. Are they the extreme ones?
Old 3/26/14, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Well I'm subscribed, hopefully impressions come back good. It looks like a great deal for what you get.
Old 3/26/14, 08:03 PM

The kit I ordered comes with the ceramic pads which are labled, "Extreme".
There is also a kit which has pads with carbon fiber. I chose the ceramic because of supposedly less brake dust. Again I will see when I get them installed.
Old 4/5/14, 08:40 PM

I had the power stop rotors and ceramic brake pads installed today, and what a difference!
First you must perform the brake in process, which consists of 5- 60MPH to 0 stops without letting the brakes cool down and 5- 60MPH to 0 stops while letting the brakes cool in between.
Did a little cruising after the break in to see how everything would work. A VAST improvement over my stock brakes. There was no pulsating, squealing or brake fade. I think im going to like this brake combination, I will update as the year moves on.
Old 4/6/14, 12:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I bought front and rear Powerstop rotors for my '08 Bullitt a few months back and they were junk. They had horrible rings of rust on them within a week or two and they were warped within a month, and I don't put that many miles on my car. I tried to get a refund and their customer service was a joke. Didn't care and didn't have any interest in helping me. I ordered zinc coated rotors from RotorPros after that. They are so much nicer and they will never rust. I would never buy a Powerstop product again.
Old 4/6/14, 03:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150
I bought front and rear Powerstop rotors for my '08 Bullitt a few months back and they were junk. They had horrible rings of rust on them within a week or two and they were warped within a month, and I don't put that many miles on my car. I tried to get a refund and their customer service was a joke. Didn't care and didn't have any interest in helping me. I ordered zinc coated rotors from RotorPros after that. They are so much nicer and they will never rust. I would never buy a Powerstop product again.
Oh wow, bad customer service makes me want to reconsider getting these. You think you just might have got a bad set? You can't tell if they are warped before you put them on?
Old 4/7/14, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Oh wow, bad customer service makes me want to reconsider getting these. You think you just might have got a bad set? You can't tell if they are warped before you put them on?
They looked perfectly fine when I got them. I took them to one of the best brake shops in San Diego as well. I bought them from Rock Auto and I contacted both them and Powerstop and neither one cared about the fact that they warped so quickly. All they did was ask me if I followed their break in procedure, which I did, and then said they don't take any returns. Horrible experience and a waste of money. When I got my zinc coated rotors from RotorPros, Rich told me that break in procedure stuff is a bunch of BS. Their rotors have no break in procedure, he told me to just drive the car normally. I've had them on for a while now and they still look brand new and stop very nicely, plus Rich is a nice guy and actually cares about his customers.