Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Koni Yellow + BMR Springs vs. KW V1 Coilover Ride Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/16, 08:54 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Koni Yellow + BMR Springs vs. KW V1 Coilover Ride Quality?

I thought I was set on a Koni Yellow and BMR SP009 spring combo until I read that the yellows can feel a bit on the stiff side on the street? Could I hear some first hand experience from you guys?

I want to lower the car 1.5" all around but I don't want any bouncing as I hit road irregularities. I want the suspension to be compliant and not harsh.

I'm also looking at the KW coilovers as i've heard nothing but good things about them but have never ridden in a so-equipped car before.

What's going to give me the better ride quality i'm after...the Koni Yellows and BMR springs or should I pony up for the KW coilovers?
Old 7/7/16, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Never experienced coil overs, but I love my Koni Yellow and Steeda Sports springs. On the softest setting the car is just a bit firmer than stock GT Track Pack was. Some of the bigger bumps will feel little ore harsh, but it's a small price to pay for a much better handling car. I love the way it handles on road courses with the Yellows set to 3/4 stiff.

To be honest I think any aftermarket performance oriented suspension will be stiffer than stock. It's actually the combination of stiff spring and shocks valved to handle the spring rate that make it feel stiff or harsh.
Old 7/8/16, 10:33 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I actually pulled the trigger on the Yellows earlier today. Can't wait to get the parts installed!
Old 7/8/16, 10:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by NacsMXer
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I actually pulled the trigger on the Yellows earlier today. Can't wait to get the parts installed!
I think you made a great choice. While I have never had coil overs, I have the steeda sport springs and koni yellows. I have the same experience as the other poster. I think you made a great choice.