Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Just ordered LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/14, 10:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just ordered LCA's

Darn you AM and the mustang forums. I just broke down and purchased a pair of J&M lower control arms. These got amazing reviews. I did not get the adjustable LCA's because I have no desire to lower my stang. After talking with AM reps online they really emphasized how the lower control arms is going to improve the off line explosion with reduced wheel hop and keeping the car straight. The rep was a huge fan of the J&M products for the price and quality.

My wife is not going to be pleased at all in fact she gonna hit the roof when the package from AM arrives. She was not happy last week when AM delivered my tail light tint, side marker tint and third brake light tint. Not happy indeed but guess what fellas. I don't care that much. Lmao.

I'm already running 4.7 0-60 mph so hopefully the LCA's can get me down to 4.6 with better traction it provides.
Old 1/28/14, 04:44 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to proper section, ('10-'14 Modifications - Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech), but will leave a link for a couple of hours . .
Old 1/28/14, 06:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Moving to proper section, ('10-'14 Modifications - Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech), but will leave a link for a couple of hours . .
Sorry, My bad.
Old 1/28/14, 06:53 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Darn you AM and the mustang forums. I just broke down and purchased a pair of J&M lower control arms. These got amazing reviews. I did not get the adjustable LCA's because I have no desire to lower my stang. After talking with AM reps online they really emphasized how the lower control arms is going to improve the off line explosion with reduced wheel hop and keeping the car straight. The rep was a huge fan of the J&M products for the price and quality.

My wife is not going to be pleased at all in fact she gonna hit the roof when the package from AM arrives. She was not happy last week when AM delivered my tail light tint, side marker tint and third brake light tint. Not happy indeed but guess what fellas. I don't care that much. Lmao.

I'm already running 4.7 0-60 mph so hopefully the LCA's can get me down to 4.6 with better traction it provides.
I know the feeling of waiting for a response from the wife, when packages arrive.
I have my rear sidemarker tints coming in today. They were on sale for 11 bucks!
I was pulled over last week for my tail lights, I told FHP that they came out of the factory this way, he said cool, took some pictures and let me go, but I changed my mind on the rear end tints. Are you talking about the one that goes in between the brake lights? Or the ones on the bottom of the bumper?
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered LCA's-img_1324.jpg  

Last edited by CVH; 1/28/14 at 06:55 AM.
Old 1/28/14, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just ordered a coffee.
Old 1/28/14, 07:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CVH

I know the feeling of waiting for a response from the wife, when packages arrive.
I have my rear sidemarker tints coming in today. They were on sale for 11 bucks!
I was pulled over last week for my tail lights, I told FHP that they came out of the factory this way, he said cool, took some pictures and let me go, but I changed my mind on the rear end tints. Are you talking about the one that goes in between the brake lights? Or the ones on the bottom of the bumper?
Yep the side markers were on sale for 11 bucks. The tail light tint was also on sale. There is cut outs on the tint for the reverse lights and the tail lights don't block the light when on. There really isn't any issue with it that I can see. The 2013 tail lights come blacked out and yet you can see the tail lights and brake lights. Here are the tail light tint and side marker tint I ordered.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140128_092742.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  22.5 KB
Old 1/28/14, 01:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Spherical or poly, and even without a lowered car the advantage of adjustable LCA's is that you can fix any rear toe that may come from the factory.
Old 1/28/14, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
I just ordered a coffee.

Originally Posted by CVH
I have these.. all around. the only lights not covered at this point are the headlights and fog lights lol. They very nice, and definitely still allow the light through them. including the back up lights
Old 1/28/14, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yep the side markers were on sale for 11 bucks. The tail light tint was also on sale. There is cut outs on the tint for the reverse lights and the tail lights don't block the light when on. There really isn't any issue with it that I can see. The 2013 tail lights come blacked out and yet you can see the tail lights and brake lights. Here are the tail light tint and side marker tint I ordered.

Attachment 152066
i have a set of those tail light tints sitting in my garage i would have sent you. ford replaced one of my tail lights under warranty so i ordered another set of tint to put it on the new tail light but they ended up ordering the tint and putting them on the new one all under warranty.
Old 1/28/14, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
i have a set of those tail light tints sitting in my garage i would have sent you. ford replaced one of my tail lights under warranty so i ordered another set of tint to put it on the new tail light but they ended up ordering the tint and putting them on the new one all under warranty.
Oh wow, I may need them if I f up the install. Lmao
Old 2/6/14, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I am planning on getting some lca but not sure which way to go. There are the spherical or poly. Grease or non grease. Adjustable or non. Relo bracket. $100to $350. I'm looking at steeda, bmr, stallion. Are the lca that are 250 to 350 better and worth the extra cost over a $150 or so lca.
Also, I haven't lowered mine yet but I might lower it a few months. So, if I do lower the car then I would need an adjustable lca or would relocation brackets be ok. I don't want to but a non adjust and then lower the car to find out I need adjust lca.
Anyone check out the full bmr suspension setup or Kenny brown setup ?
Old 2/6/14, 09:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by sclv12
So I am planning on getting some lca but not sure which way to go. There are the spherical or poly. Grease or non grease. Adjustable or non. Relo bracket. $100to $350. I'm looking at steeda, bmr, stallion. Are the lca that are 250 to 350 better and worth the extra cost over a $150 or so lca.
Also, I haven't lowered mine yet but I might lower it a few months. So, if I do lower the car then I would need an adjustable lca or would relocation brackets be ok. I don't want to but a non adjust and then lower the car to find out I need adjust lca.
I got the poly non adjustable LCA's and the grease came in packets with them. If your gonna lower your car definitely go with an adjustable LCA's.
Old 2/7/14, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got the poly non adjustable LCA's and the grease came in packets with them. If your gonna lower your car definitely go with an adjustable LCA's.
what suspension stuff do you already have installed? Are the lca's definitely needed or suggested when lowering.
Old 2/7/14, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

they are pretty much a mustang if you race. im ordering a set this afternoon and then going to order upper control arm and bracket probably now weekend.
Old 2/7/14, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
what suspension stuff do you already have installed? Are the lca's definitely needed or suggested when lowering.
I don't have crap in the way of suspension stuff. Lol. I have my lower control arms and a Boss strut tower brace.

Based upon the added power I have added to the car, I was having some wheel hop issues when nailing it from a dead stop. Problem solved after installing the LCA's. Wheel hop is gone. My opinion is the LCA's are well worth the money if you want less wheel hop and faster acceleration from a dead stop, LCA's are definitely worth the money.
Old 2/7/14, 03:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sclv12
One thing to keep in mind is that while the sphericals will offer a slight advantage from a handling standpoint, they will wear out FAR faster than a properly greased & maintained poly (or even rubber, which is used on the LCAs found on the BOSS 302R) bushings.

If one gets 10k miles out of sphericals with little to no track use, that would be considered a long life.
Old 2/7/14, 04:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by figit

One thing to keep in mind is that while the sphericals will offer a slight advantage from a handling standpoint, they will wear out FAR faster than a properly greased & maintained poly (or even rubber, which is used on the LCAs found on the BOSS 302R) bushings.

If one gets 10k miles out of sphericals with little to no track use, that would be considered a long life.
How does one properly maintain the poly bushings on their aftermarket LCA's. I loaded my bushings up with grease when I put them together. Lol..
Old 2/7/14, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

just keep them greased.
Old 2/7/14, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
just keep them greased.
So, how often does one have to remove the LCA'S off the car and grease the poly bushings ?
Old 2/7/14, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

So, how often does one have to remove the LCA'S off the car and grease the poly bushings ?
which ones did you get? the ones i ordered come with the zerc grease fittings on them.

Last edited by southcarolina12; 2/7/14 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered LCA's