Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Gt500 strut mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/12, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobDis

Not sure which bolts your referring to. I bought Eibach camber bolts. I also got a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs, 1 inch drop front and 1.5 in the rear. The shocks were rated for a set of springs with a 1.25" drop all around. After talking with a Ford parts guy and I will be ordering the GT500 mounts tonight. That works out because then I don't need a spring compressor. I can assemble the strut package before hand and install the assembly. Here is a link to where I got the springs. They are the Dub Edition springs but they are actually Eibach Pro-Kit. And you are buying them from Roush Performance. I actually talked with a guy from Roush and these are the real deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2012-Mu...ht_1473wt_1392
Order some bump stops too then. You won't be able to pre assemble unless you have the bump stops.
Old 3/11/12, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng

Hmm really - I haven't opened mine yet. How was the install? What setting are you running them at?

I just installed this morning, but I'm at a full turn from soft in the front, and half a turn in the rear.

Install wasn't bad. Took about 3-4 hours (I was hungover from an all day Irish fest yesterday)
Old 3/11/12, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
They usually pack the one time use ones with the kit or will tell you which ones are one timers in the instructions. I can tell you for sure that the top nuts on your shocks are one time use.
My shocks and struts are take-offs from a 2012 GT500. Hopefully my local dealership will have those top bolts. Just to be sure I will buy all the bolts necessary.

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Order some bump stops too then. You won't be able to pre assemble unless you have the bump stops.
I have already purchased the bump stops but I checked the struts and there were bump stops already on them being that they are take-offs. But I have a brand new set as well, front and rear.
Old 3/20/12, 10:46 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
i just installed theses springs as well saturday evening ,,
.i really like em ,,just enough lowered stance to look right,,i wish i had bought better strut mounts ,,i did em the way it shows in lms how to and it was a mistake ,,**** strut top comes apart ,,that was hardest part, i feel super stupid ,,i know i lost some those tiny bearings ,,,but theres no noises or clunks and it rides great ,, each tire was toed in at top a lil it seems ,,its being aligned tommorow ,,,,can i use the gt500 mounts with the dub springs ,,,i just added 18x9 old school chrome mb motoring wheels ,,it looks great ,,get back with me on strut top info ,,ill buy a set and redo mine ,,the factory ones are pure junk ,,word to wise ,,the lms vid shows dude taking out main strut nut then droping strut ,,lol dont do it ,,drop strut then compress spring ..the factory mounts are junk ,,and they will come apart easily and yopu will spend hours hunting those bearings ,,i hope im not the only one who has went through this ,,i always thought i was a decent wrench man ,,but i couldnt help it

Last edited by dlc1; 3/20/12 at 10:48 PM.
Old 3/21/12, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dlc1
i just installed theses springs as well saturday evening ,,
.i really like em ,,just enough lowered stance to look right,,i wish i had bought better strut mounts ,,i did em the way it shows in lms how to and it was a mistake ,,**** strut top comes apart ,,that was hardest part, i feel super stupid ,,i know i lost some those tiny bearings ,,,but theres no noises or clunks and it rides great ,, each tire was toed in at top a lil it seems ,,its being aligned tommorow ,,,,can i use the gt500 mounts with the dub springs ,,,i just added 18x9 old school chrome mb motoring wheels ,,it looks great ,,get back with me on strut top info ,,ill buy a set and redo mine ,,the factory ones are pure junk ,,word to wise ,,the lms vid shows dude taking out main strut nut then droping strut ,,lol dont do it ,,drop strut then compress spring ..the factory mounts are junk ,,and they will come apart easily and yopu will spend hours hunting those bearings ,,i hope im not the only one who has went through this ,,i always thought i was a decent wrench man ,,but i couldnt help it
I,,,Don't,,,Get,,,it,,,

Is that new grammar!?
YOU WIN, for most punctuation in a run on sentence! haha

GT500 strut mounts are the choice for 05-12 mustangs, both v6 & v8. They are only needed for 2011+ cars if you want to install 05-10 struts, if you install the very few 2011+ struts out there then you do NOT need the GT500 mounts.

What I recommend doing, if you can, is to build your strut assembly (Spring, Strut, mount & bump stop) then install the whole piece into the car. But that requires everything to be done at the same time and for everything to be replaced.

That's what I intend on doing next month using STR.t's, Steeda Ultralite's or Eibach Pro-kit, GT500 mounts & FRPP Bump Stops.

Last edited by Nocturnal'14; 3/21/12 at 08:00 AM.
Old 3/21/12, 06:56 PM
GT Member

ok can i just buy
the gt500 strut mount top and use on the dub springs ,,and i used my factory bumpstop ..i had it aligned today ,,aligner says its perfect ,,but top of tires still "TOE IN" a little. Maybe they all do though
Old 3/21/12, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just an fyi the strut mounts are on sale @ CJPonyParts right now for $77. I'm picking up a set for when I get my koni's in a couple weeks.

Oh free shipping too I forgot to mention.

Last edited by Hytek; 3/21/12 at 10:45 PM.
Old 3/21/12, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Just an fyi the strut mounts are on sale @ CJPonyParts right now for $77. I'm picking up a set for when I get my koni's in a couple weeks.
I paid $95 from LMR! That's about right!
Old 3/21/12, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub Edition Roush Springs off Ebay)
GT500 Track Pack Shocks and Struts
GT500 strut mounts (with the arrows pointed out).
Eibach Camber Bolts

Alignment was done and they were within spec but the Camber is pretty aggressive. Thinking about adjusting the bolts myself to straighten that out a bit. Sorry the picture isn't better the weather was horrible today. Going to get some better ones after a good wash.
Attached Thumbnails Gt500 strut mounts.-suspension.jpg   Gt500 strut mounts.-suspension2.jpg   Gt500 strut mounts.-suspension3.jpg  
Old 3/21/12, 09:35 PM
GT Member

summit has em for 95.00 shipped too ,,will they fit my dub spring ,,i dont see why they wouldnt ,,chck out my ride ,,lol and my friends camaro too,,and i know my penmanships awful but its caused by 15 yrs of abbreviatng directions at my work
Attached Images  
Old 3/22/12, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dlc1
summit has em for 95.00 shipped too ,,will they fit my dub spring ,,i dont see why they wouldnt ,,chck out my ride ,,lol and my friends camaro too,,and i know my penmanships awful but its caused by 15 yrs of abbreviatng directions at my work
The GT500 strut mounts do fit the springs. I just installed them on mine.
Old 3/22/12, 11:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hytek

Oh free shipping too I forgot to mention.
DAMMM i knew I was forgetting something from CJPonyparts!!! Strut mounts! Lol.

**btw to maybe help your decision, as well as the strut mounts, the Steeda Springs are also on sale 20% off AND free s/h. Probably never get a deal like that. For my ultralites for 218
Old 3/23/12, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS

DAMMM i knew I was forgetting something from CJPonyparts!!! Strut mounts! Lol.

**btw to maybe help your decision, as well as the strut mounts, the Steeda Springs are also on sale 20% off AND free s/h. Probably never get a deal like that. For my ultralites for 218
Thanks for the tip but with Steeda's recent antics I won't be buying any parts by them.
Old 3/23/12, 02:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Why what happened? The marketing thing?

Hey. They are in business and have pride in their products!
Old 3/23/12, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

any more word on wether installing these with the arrows in help the camber?
Old 3/25/12, 02:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Not looking forward to installing my setup. In gonna try to install everything off the car first. Just need to get all the "extra" parts I need to be able to do it.

You definitely need a compressor to do that tho right?
Old 3/25/12, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not looking forward to installing my setup. In gonna try to install everything off the car first. Just need to get all the "extra" parts I need to be able to do it.

What is your setup? And why aren't you looking forward to it?
Old 3/25/12, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't say you have to have a compressor. But it will make it easier and faster. The torque wrench and Loc-Tite I would say is the most important tools though. Making sure all those bolts are on as tight as they are supposed to and stay that way is the most important step.

Edit: Oh and not trying to do it by yourself. It definitely needs 2 people.
Old 3/25/12, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis

I wouldn't say you have to have a compressor. But it will make it easier and faster. The torque wrench and Loc-Tite I would say is the most important tools though. Making sure all those bolts are on as tight as they are supposed to and stay that way is the most important step.

Edit: Oh and not trying to do it by yourself. It definitely needs 2 people.
The compressor depends on the drop and it can be done alone, I did it.
Old 3/25/12, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The compressor depends on the drop and it can be done alone, I did it.
I needed help with the rear springs. I only had one jack but if I had 2 jacks i could have probably done it alone. The struts up front were very easy.

Quick Reply: Gt500 strut mounts.