Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

FRPP Handling packs: Any good??

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/14, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
FRPP Handling packs: Any good??

I have a vision of sticking with all Ford goodies on my car...just wondering if that's worth pursuing when talking about suspension stuff.

Is the Ford Handling Pack worth the cash?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-a...assembled.html
Old 12/23/14, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...k-M-FR3A-MGTAA
Old 12/23/14, 09:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
I have a vision of sticking with all Ford goodies on my car...just wondering if that's worth pursuing when talking about suspension stuff. Is the Ford Handling Pack worth the cash? http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-a...assembled.html

I considered going all ford racing on my car too. I think it's great stuff. Most of the reviews have been excellent. The only thing that swayed me was some reviews of the ford racing shocks/struts being a bit harsh to daily drive. I decided on the Koni sports instead. With the exception of the dampers, I think the ford racing stuff is excellent.
Old 12/23/14, 09:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO Ford can't setup a suspension to save their lives, so why give them money for Tokico Illumina's or whatever they use in the kit when you could get Koni's for a similar price and build a kit that way.
Old 12/23/14, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
I have a vision of sticking with all Ford goodies on my car...just wondering if that's worth pursuing when talking about suspension stuff.

Is the Ford Handling Pack worth the cash?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-a...assembled.html
Good question here-I think they make a really solid kit and it's been widely rumored that Eibach produces their components and I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you sir, you just reminded me! If anyone's ever seeing a kit that we offer listed elsewhere shoot us a call as we'll PRICE MATCH it for you!

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I considered going all ford racing on my car too. I think it's great stuff. Most of the reviews have been excellent. The only thing that swayed me was some reviews of the ford racing shocks/struts being a bit harsh to daily drive. I decided on the Koni sports instead. With the exception of the dampers, I think the ford racing stuff is excellent.
This is something that I've heard and experience as well but I only really noticed it directly after the kit had been installed on a co-workers 10+

For what it's worth here's what it would like like if you were to piece together a kit:

Name:  Cart-Capture_zps00a46125.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  58.5 KB

Let me know if you're to have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
Old 12/23/14, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Good question here-I think they make a really solid kit and it's been widely rumored that Eibach produces their components and I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you sir, you just reminded me! If anyone's ever seeing a kit that we offer listed elsewhere shoot us a call as we'll PRICE MATCH it for you!

This is something that I've heard and experience as well but I only really noticed it directly after the kit had been installed on a co-workers 10+

For what it's worth here's what it would like like if you were to piece together a kit:

Let me know if you're to have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
And if OP waits for the summer Koni sale and contacts Sam Strano he may get the Koni's close to 600 than 800 making it the same cost.
Old 12/23/14, 01:30 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I believe Alex (AM) is correct. I have the Eibach Pro-System-Plus-Kit (springs, dampers, sway bars), for my 2011GT. According to the Ford Performance Manager at my dealership, the Ford Racing items are these exact items sourced from Eibach, and sold as Ford Racing, with a markup $. They sure look alike if you view pictures (except FR paints some items blue). Personally, I love the set-up on my car. All components are designed to work together. Ride height is lowered 1" in front, 1.5" in rear. Nice stance, but not slammed to the ground. The difference in handling is night and day, and I track my car. Ride is firmer on the street, but not too harsh.

Last edited by PJRManagement; 12/23/14 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12/23/14, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Roush (non-adjustable) kit that is found in their 2011-14 stage 2 & 3 mustangs:

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2011-2014.html

It was selected for the minimal 1/2" drop to retain ground clearance, and offers a good balance between handling vs comfort for a daily driver.
Old 12/23/14, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Depending on how you want it to handle:

Eibach I have the pro system on my Suburban same as Ford Racing

Steeda has an entire system. That is the key to make sure all the components are tuned for each other.
Old 12/24/14, 06:33 AM
Former Vendor

Better choices out there,

For the Koni's, we offer the "koni Shock" sale.

For the money, look into the Bilstein B12 kit, Ground Control CC plates, BMR PHB. I would only upgrade the front sway bar, with an SRA you really can go without a rear sway.

Give me a shout, we could get you a watts link and full setup for around the price of that FRPP kit.
Old 12/24/14, 06:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Depending on how you want it to handle:

Eibach I have the pro system on my Suburban same as Ford Racing

Steeda has an entire system. That is the key to make sure all the components are tuned for each other.

This isn't always the case, Steeda does a good job and lots of R&D and all their components however, Eibach Dampers have a hard time supporting their own lowering springs. We've done various tests ranging from Koni, Eibach, to Bilstein, KW and AST coilovers.

Unfortunately, Koni lately has had lots of issues with QC it seems. 1-2 out of every 10 of our customers have had issues with their Koni's (yellow or Orange). This has only been recently, last year we sold a few thousand sets with zero issues, this hasn't been the case which is unfortunate.

Running the same brand throughout the suspension isn't always a good thing. You'll see many racing teams and drag racing teams and companies run various brands on their suspension and street setups are no different.

The key is finding a good base which means finding a good set of dampers that are matched well with springs. The bilstein B12 kit is actually the best combo we've found in this price range.

http://www.hypermotive.com/bilstein-...ion-kit-11-14/

We tested this very same setup on the Nurburgring, Hockenheim, NCCAR, VIR and on various roads throughout Europe and the east coast. We tested these, Koni Yellows with Eibach Prokits and a few other coilover setups. For the non coilover setups, the Bilsteins performed WELL above Koni and Eibach both for longevity, comfort and performance.

We've done a lot of suspension testing on the S197 platform and we try our best to provide an unbiased opinion on quality and performance.
Old 12/24/14, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I have the Bilstein's with the frpp p springs which I purchased from Jay. I used the GT 500 mounts. Alignment came in spot on. I couldn't be happier with the results. If you go with the Bilstein make sure you reuse the pin type rubber grommets on the rear shocks.