Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Best springs for my situation?

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/13, 03:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best springs for my situation?

What is the best choice of springs for me for my situation? I have a daily driven '13 V6. I also want the cheapest possible springs that still look good. I'd like the springs to level the car out and drop it of course (not as low as the Eibach Sportlines). It needs to be a smooth ride because it drives close to 75 miles a day.

For the above, keep in mind that not only do I want the cheapest springs, but the cheapest overall price as well. Some people have told me all I need is a panhard bar, some have said I'll need shocks, struts, brackets, etc, and some have said all I'll need is the springs. I've have been told that SR springs ($150) are great for the price. What exactly do I need? Do I need a panhard if I buy the SR springs? I want to spend the least amount of money as possible with everything I'll need - springs, shocks, struts, or anything else I'll need. Personal experience would be awesome. Thanks guys.
Old 10/22/13, 05:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would talk to Jay@Hypermotive, very knowledgeable and has great prices. What do you want to accomplish from the drop, ie. just a lower stance or do you want increased performance? That info can help you figure out how much you will need to spend.
Old 10/22/13, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You get what you pay for honestly, the springs you mentioned haven't been out that long so longevity is a question for concern if you ask me. You can get any part at a great price but at what cost? Suspensions, and in your case, DD suspensions are used and stressed in all sorts of driving. You want something that is going to perform better, quality built and most importantly, lasts. Eibach, Roush, FRPP, H&R, Vogtland all make quality springs but they mean nothing if you don't have a damper that can control the higher spring rate. With your goals, springs, struts/ shocks, strut mounts and PHB will do the trick. If you feel you need to upgrade your LCA's later then so be it. An adj UCA is crucial but with a conservative drop you can get away with not having one however, I encourage you to eventually get one. This is just some of the basics, if you need or have any other questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Old 10/22/13, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Cheap, inexpensive and quality are 3 different things. I think if I were you which I know I am not I would leave it as is. Save your money for some good quality parts or an upgraded car in the future.
My opinion would be the same as Jay's and I am sure many other parts suppliers here at TMS as well. I could understand cheap if you didn't have a newer car or a car that only costs a couple grand but on a newer car don't skimp.
Old 10/22/13, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
You get what you pay for honestly...

Took the words outa my mouth Jay. OP, do your self a favor and save up the cash to buy quality stuff. You will thank your self later.
Old 10/22/13, 11:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ConeBoss
Took the words outa my mouth Jay. OP, do your self a favor and save up the cash to buy quality stuff. You will thank your self later.
On my first modded car, I bought junk parts. For the first 6 months, I felt smart that I had saved money and still had a great ride. Then the ride started getting bouncy. Then the car started sagging and was lower on one corner. I ended up buying good stuff and throwing away the cheap stuff I had purchased. I ended up wasting that money. Don't try and "save" money on your car. Cars are fun. Fun costs money.
Old 10/22/13, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info guys
Old 10/23/13, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Like the others said. Going cheap saves $$ now but you will pay for it in the end.
Old 10/23/13, 03:23 PM
Cobra Member

If you want you could do Eibach pro kit which is a mild drop on our V6. .8 front 1.2 rear with just a panhard bar. Its such a mild drop it won't be too hard on your shocks and it will close that gap some. Not all the way but enough so it won't look so 4x4 and give a considerable improvement in handling. This is what I did on my '12 V6. Worked out great and I didn't even need camber bolts. I would recommend upgrading the shocks and struts sometime in the future tho.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 10/28/13 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11/20/13, 11:54 AM
GT Member

I run SR performance springs with stock shocks and struts and the rides great. It's not a rough ride. Similar to stock. My only gripe is that it didn't lower it 1.5 because of the weight of my car ('13 v6) but it's great otherwise.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm liking for something lower so does anyone know what to get?
Old 11/20/13, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FloridaSixer
I run SR performance springs with stock shocks and struts and the rides great. It's not a rough ride. Similar to stock. My only gripe is that it didn't lower it 1.5 because of the weight of my car ('13 v6) but it's great otherwise.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm liking for something lower so does anyone know what to get?
Eibach sportlines or H&R have been the only options I've seen as far as springs go or you could always do coilovers. You can't use the stock shocks and struts with the springs mentioned.
Old 11/20/13, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Vogtland also offers a .8/1.2 drop for the V6 that rides pretty good, but I had Koni SRT.T's on my 2010 with those springs also.