Notices
School Bus Yellow

Should i be concerned

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/12, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should i be concerned

There hasn't been any posts to the SBY section in 11 days. I hope I'm not reading into it to deep but does that mean there is little interest in this color. Most of the other color threads have posts. There is still time for me to change my color to Black. My biggest concern is resell down the road. I also noted that there are more active bids on eBay for black Leguna seca's than there are for yellow. But I really like the color. Thoughts?
Old 6/16/12, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I were in the market for a 2013 Boss LS it would be SBY...period.
Old 6/16/12, 08:32 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
buy what you want. a car like the ls will always have value and someone wanting to buy it.
Old 6/16/12, 11:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

I love both the Grabber colours on the '13s.......and GHIG.......but SBY is

Just needs a little black (like the Boss graphics/wheels) to tone it down a little.

Old 6/16/12, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Not gonna restart the argument over colors again lol, but yellow is the best color for the '13. Just wish they had it on the non-Boss variants. IMO, people buying a Boss 25 years from now will want a SBY over a black. It's a race car, it deserves a color that POPS!
Old 6/18/12, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I love both the Grabber colours on the '13s.......and GHIG.......but SBY is

Just needs a little black (like the Boss graphics/wheels) to tone it down a little.

I myself love bright colors, no offence to those who own them but IMO to many silver, black and white cars on the road. The benifit Mustangs have is they can be changed up so easily to stand out from the crowd. But this color on the BOSS is
Old 6/18/12, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SBY is one of the best colors. If you're worried about resale, most people will pay more for a rare bright car, than an average boring black car. (Sorry everyone who owns a black car)
Old 6/19/12, 11:05 PM
Cobra Member

You're going to change colors of your car order based on # of forum posts??? Wow.
Old 6/20/12, 10:14 AM

I agree with Mustangfreak,

Dont base your decision on a forum or the market for that matter. I bought a SBY Boss and never even considered value 5-10 yrs down the road because I dont care. Its the only colour I like. 10, 20, 30, 40 yrs down the road, there will always be another me who will still love the colour, and who will not be looking for anything else.
Old 6/20/12, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
You're going to change colors of your car order based on # of forum posts??? Wow.
Well, yea, the LS comes in black or yellow. Both cars look great. I've had both colors on other brands before and was very happy, although black showed the blemishes more. I think now though it's too late, ad I'm told my VIN will be assigned Friday. So yellow it shall be. I'll know if I made the right choice at the first car show. If I can displace a black car then that will validate my decision.
Old 6/20/12, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hpfisterer
Well, yea, the LS comes in black or yellow. Both cars look great. I've had both colors on other brands before and was very happy, although black showed the blemishes more. I think now though it's too late, ad I'm told my VIN will be assigned Friday. So yellow it shall be. I'll know if I made the right choice at the first car show. If I can displace a black car then that will validate my decision.

I still don't understand basing the color of YOUR car on the number of posts in a forum. It blows my freaking mind.
Old 6/20/12, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colors don't matter at a car show. All that matters is the over-all quality of the car.
Old 7/13/12, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I myself love bright colors, no offence to those who own them but IMO to many silver, black and white cars on the road. The benifit Mustangs have is they can be changed up so easily to stand out from the crowd. But this color on the BOSS is
I don't particularly care for the bright yellow... but it sure looks good with the stripe package.

Also thought GHIG was pretty bad until I saw one in person. And then I was gonna buy it! Both of those are definitely 'look at me' colors.
Old 8/19/12, 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Yea, I made the right decision!
Old 8/23/12, 03:48 AM
GT Member

My black '04 Corvette is being turned in on a '13 SBY BOSS 302. I can't WAIT to get out of the black car, sick of cleaning it for sure. I wanted a millenium yellow 'vette too, **** impossible to find used. Yellow cars are highly desired and very collectible, and for a muscle car, THEY POP as they are supposed to. My second choice would be GHIG followed by RR. Thank God I was able to find 3 SBY Bosses in Northern VA, and I scored a "D" plan price on the car! picking it up this Saturday, can't wait.
Old 8/23/12, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13
My black '04 Corvette is being turned in on a '13 SBY BOSS 302. I can't WAIT to get out of the black car, sick of cleaning it for sure. I wanted a millenium yellow 'vette too, **** impossible to find used. Yellow cars are highly desired and very collectible, and for a muscle car, THEY POP as they are supposed to. My second choice would be GHIG followed by RR. Thank God I was able to find 3 SBY Bosses in Northern VA, and I scored a "D" plan price on the car! picking it up this Saturday, can't wait.
I had a 2000 millennium yellow C5 as well. I like yellow cars. But don't fool yourself, no matter what color I still find my self obsessively cleaning my play cars. In fact, I already have two costs wax, after clay, and finished with a glaze. Car only has 95 miles on the clock. . BTW, what is D plan pricing?
Old 8/23/12, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a 2000 millennium yellow C5 as well. I like yellow cars. But don't fool yourself, no matter what color I still find my self obsessively cleaning my play cars. In fact, I already have two costs wax, after clay, and finished with a glaze. Car only has 95 miles on the clock. . BTW, what is D plan pricing?
I think D plan is basically employee pricing. It's (Invoice) - (holdback) + (Advertizing Fee), and you cannot use any incentives or coupons. Holdback is generally 3% for Ford, I think. So invoice+holdback on a 2013 Boss is $38930, so D plan would be around $37k. For a Boss, what a killer deal.