Notices
Deep Impact Blue

And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?

Old 7/15/14, 09:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Just got off the phone with Robert and ordered RR coil covers. He was a gentleman to deal with. TripleBlack gets bling!!!! Tom
Ahh I think I'm going to do the same! Except I want Ingot Silver letters and lines.
Old 7/16/14, 05:08 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm thinking of doing my coil covers in red, maybe the upper intake runners too, leave the rest stock. Just to give it a little something.
Patrick

sent you a pm

Tom
Old 7/16/14, 05:10 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
thanks Tom. I'd be interested in some plenum options for sure.
Darren

Sent you a pm

Tom
Old 7/16/14, 09:06 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Darren

Sent you a pm

Tom
Thx Tom. Leaning towards a DIB plenum with oxford white. coil covers and caps something else though.
Old 7/16/14, 11:30 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I want performance white with black letters. How awesome would that look on a white CS?
Old 7/19/14, 10:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's a rough idea on price for the coilcovers in DIB with silver lettering?

Also do you use an automotive grade paint then clear coat them?
Old 7/20/14, 06:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Grifftech
What's a rough idea on price for the coilcovers in DIB with silver lettering? Also do you use an automotive grade paint then clear coat them?
From speaking with him, he primes, sands, paints, clears, then polishes. I may be missing a step. Price is excellent for the work he does and he uses oem paint or house of color paint.
Old 7/20/14, 07:47 AM
FR500 Member

"What's a rough idea on price for the coilcovers in DIB with silver lettering?"

Red is his most popular color and keeps them in stock. Mine cost $199 including shipping and were in stock. I got them within a few days.

He supplies the covers and airbrushes factory OEM paints. For colors not requested that often, I think he might charge more to cover the cost of smaller quantities of paint which costs more.

For custom one-off colors there's probably an upcharge as well.

Regardless, his work is top rate and he's a gentleman to deal with. There is no way I could have achieved the finish and quality myself using rattle cans. I consider his price a bargain.

Note: The black painted areas in the pics appear thin, but it's just the angle of the camera and flash. All releifs in black are full and contrast nicely.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?-002.jpg   And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?-004.jpg   And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?-009.jpg  

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 7/20/14 at 07:49 AM.
Old 7/20/14, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Red is his most popular color and keeps them in stock. Mine cost $199 including shipping and were in stock. I got them within a few days.

He supplies the covers and airbrushes factory OEM paints. For colors not requested that often, I think he might charge more to cover the cost of smaller quantities of paint which costs more.

Regardless, his work is top rate and he's a gentleman to deal with. There is no way I could have achieved the finish and quality myself using rattle cans. I consider his price a bargain.

Note: The black painted areas in the pics appear thin, but it's just the angle of the camera and flash. All releifs in black are full and contrast nicely.

Tom
Shipping included? **** that is a great price!!!
Old 7/20/14, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I want performance white with black letters. How awesome would that look on a white CS?
That would look awesome, especially if you have the black CS stripe.

Originally Posted by Grifftech
What's a rough idea on price for the coilcovers in DIB with silver lettering?

Also do you use an automotive grade paint then clear coat them?
Auto paint sprayed from a gun, Dupont auto 2-part urethane. DIB is $30 extra because I have to special order that paint per set of covers. The Black, Grabber Blue, and Race Red I order in bulk because I always have orders for those. That includes shipping and does NOT include a $30 credit if you send your stock ones back.
Originally Posted by typesredline
From speaking with him, he primes, sands, paints, clears, then polishes. I may be missing a step. Price is excellent for the work he does and he uses oem paint or house of color paint.
actually before primer I use an adhesive sealant .. This stuff sticks so well that once, I tried to sand the old paint of a set and it wouldn't come off unless I sand into the plastic. After paint it's 2 coats of clear, then airbrushed letters then 2 more coats of clear, then wet sand, buff, polish and put paint sealant after.

See above.

Tom
LOOK GREAT TOM!!!

RC
Old 7/20/14, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RC-5.0
Actually before primer I use an adhesive sealant .. This stuff sticks so well that once, I tried to sand the old paint of a set and it wouldn't come off unless I sand into the plastic. After paint it's 2 coats of clear, then airbrushed letters then 2 more coats of clear, then wet sand, buff, polish and put paint sealant after. LOOK GREAT TOM!!! RC
Okay, I missed a lot of steps lol. Sorry to miss quote you Rob. Quality is ridiculous. Think that the AM ones without the airbrushed letters and most likely without all of the clear and sealing runs $200.

Can't wait to order. God, I said I wasn't gonna mod this one much...

Speaking of, I want the quality of the paint and layers and craftsmanship. But I'm wondering if I just did DIB and no letters. Just all one color. Does that change price any?
Old 7/20/14, 08:26 PM

Rob's quality is second to no-one. I get so many compliments from mustang lovers and from my Chevy buddies. His coil covers are one of the best appearance mods available for our Mustang. You will not be disappointed.
Old 7/20/14, 08:37 PM

Okay, I missed a lot of steps lol. Sorry to miss quote you Rob. Quality is ridiculous. Think that the AM ones without the airbrushed letters and most likely without all of the clear and sealing runs $200.

Can't wait to order. God, I said I wasn't gonna mod this one much...

Speaking of, I want the quality of the paint and layers and craftsmanship. But I'm wondering if I just did DIB and no letters. Just all one color. Does that change price any?
I could do $189 shipped vs $230 shipped if there is no lettering involved.

Originally Posted by Faceman
Rob's quality is second to no-one. I get so many compliments from mustang lovers and from my Chevy buddies. His coil covers are one of the best appearance mods available for our Mustang. You will not be disappointed.
Old 7/21/14, 02:17 AM
Cobra Member

I could do $189 shipped vs $230 shipped if there is no lettering involved.
Ahhhhh. I like it. Nothing against the lettering but I was looking at pics of the boss covers and really like the all one color. Plus as you may remember Rob, I was having issues with which shade of silver :-/.

So would this still get all the steps? Including the 4 total clear coats?
Old 7/21/14, 06:17 AM

Ahhhhh. I like it. Nothing against the lettering but I was looking at pics of the boss covers and really like the all one color. Plus as you may remember Rob, I was having issues with which shade of silver :-/.

So would this still get all the steps? Including the 4 total clear coats?
There's 3 in that process. In general 3 coats is ALWAYS more than enough (2 are used to paint the whole car), but in the process with stripes, I sand down a lot between the 2nd and 3rd coat, which is why I use 4. When I don't do lettering, there is no need to sand between 2nd and 3rd, so 2 light and one heavy coat is more than enough....it's about twice the clear depth of a full car paint job.
RC
Old 7/21/14, 07:07 AM
Cobra Member

There's 3 in that process. In general 3 coats is ALWAYS more than enough (2 are used to paint the whole car), but in the process with stripes, I sand down a lot between the 2nd and 3rd coat, which is why I use 4. When I don't do lettering, there is no need to sand between 2nd and 3rd, so 2 light and one heavy coat is more than enough....it's about twice the clear depth of a full car paint job. RC
Nice!
Old 7/21/14, 07:17 AM
FR500 Member

What makes the coil covers so professional looking is that the accents are painted. It really adds visual depth and the "pop" factor.
Old 7/21/14, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

What makes the coil covers so professional looking is that the accents are painted. It really adds visual depth and the "pop" factor.
I agree and love the painted letters. But there is something to be said about the simple and clean solid color too. I'm pretty set on going that route I think.

*EDIT* But then I go and look at Facemans DIB with Silver again.....

Last edited by typesredline; 7/21/14 at 08:01 AM.
Old 7/21/14, 03:51 PM

THIS ↑↑...It took me awhile and a lot of mistakes to get the hang of the airbrushing of the letters.

I agree and love the painted letters. But there is something to be said about the simple and clean solid color too. I'm pretty set on going that route I think.

*EDIT* But then I go and look at Facemans DIB with Silver again.....

You could always get a solid color like you want, then down the road if you find the EXACT silver you like just paint the bars...that's easy to tape off and spray silver.

ALSO, there are companies that sell letter inserts that stick in. They have lots of colors.
RC
Old 7/21/14, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

I think if I was to go silver I'd want the exact color of the strut bar. I haven't looked to see of its metallic or not yet. But for me to go that route, I'd want that silver.

I do genuinely love the all DIB. But I think part of the draw is that I don't know what silver that is.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/21/14 at 05:18 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?