Notices
Deep Impact Blue

And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?

Old 6/18/14, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?

I'm thinking about adding some color under the hood. I don't want to go overboard and make it look tacky. Has anyone in here done some color matching under the hood? More than anything, I'm thinking about doing the coil covers and maybe the inset part of the strut brace and doing the lettering on those pieces in black or a gunmetal grey. Thoughts?
Old 6/18/14, 10:10 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. don;t overdo it, as it becomes tacky very quickly LOL (in my opinion). some stainless reservoir caps, CF cold air intake tube and a touch here and there never hurts when you're showing it off at a show n shine. Keeping her clean is the best idea. american muscle and others have some ideas…

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-m...d-styling.html
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Dress-Up-Parts
http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-c...rs/c/60060242/
Old 6/18/14, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not too into the chrome, stainless steel or carbon fiber accents. I really just want to add some more Deep Impact Blue in some strategically placed areas. Other than that, I'll probably leave the rest alone.

Thanks for the AM link. I visit their site just about every day. It's a sickness. Lol.
Old 6/18/14, 11:53 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

hey no problem. it's a very personal thing. everyone has an opinion but as long as it makes you happy. like tattoos lol
Old 6/23/14, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put grabber blue under my hood. I wanted the engine to pop, not blend in

Name:  nf9GPC9.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  1.96 MB

Name:  WYgQUTG.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  2.19 MB

Last edited by Dfink114; 6/23/14 at 10:55 AM.
Old 6/23/14, 11:22 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Dfink114

this i REALLY like!
Old 6/23/14, 02:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114
I think it looks good.
Old 6/23/14, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. JLT just came out with a color matched fuse box cover.
Old 7/11/14, 10:30 AM

Hey there. I chose to do just a couple items that are color matched. I didn't want too much but just enough to be little different. Hope this helps some with your decisions.

Name:  IMAG2457_zps9dc03e3c.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  IMAG2458_zps2022353f.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  89.9 KB
Old 7/11/14, 12:41 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I like what Dave (DFink114) did with his engine bay. I saw it in person and it really looks great. I want to do the same.

My car is black though, and I think red would be outstanding. Perhaps when the car is down for the winter.

Tom
Old 7/11/14, 06:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I like what Dave (DFink114) did with his engine bay. I saw it in person and it really looks great. I want to do the same.

My car is black though, and I think red would be outstanding. Perhaps when the car is down for the winter.

Tom
hey i'm kinda with ya on the red. plus a touch of shiny stuff, maybe a touch of CF.
Old 7/11/14, 10:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I like what Dave (DFink114) did with his engine bay. I saw it in person and it really looks great. I want to do the same. My car is black though, and I think red would be outstanding. Perhaps when the car is down for the winter. Tom
I'm thinking of doing my coil covers in red, maybe the upper intake runners too, leave the rest stock. Just to give it a little something.
Old 7/11/14, 11:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Faceman
Hey there. I chose to do just a couple items that are color matched. I didn't want too much but just enough to be little different. Hope this helps some with your decisions.
That is pretty much dead on to what I was thinking. I want to add some DIB to the engine, but not too much and nothing that contrasts too much. The Grabber Blue accents above look good, but they're not the look I was thinking of for my car.

As far as your coil covers, did you paint those yourself or buy them that way? Also, it looks like you have the lettering and lines on them done in a silver or gray, correct? Could you possibly post a pic that shows that better?

Thanks everyone for the pics and suggestions!
Old 7/13/14, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by John H

As far as your coil covers, did you paint those yourself or buy them that way? Also, it looks like you have the lettering and lines on them done in a silver or gray, correct? Could you possibly post a pic that shows that better?
John, I did not paint them myself. I bought them from a member on a different forum. If you would like, I can do my best to hunt down the info for the guy that paints them for others. The lettering and lines are painted in a silver color that makes for a nice contrast. I may look into getting the fuse cover to match from JLT that someone else mentioned above. That might add just a bit more flare without being overkill. Will post pic should I decide to add it. I think the next mod will be changing rear rotors to the '13 GT500 rears. It is small price for nice mod. If you would like any more pics, please let me know. Thanks.

Name:  IMAG4585_zps4f6b7282.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  92.6 KB
Old 7/13/14, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

John, I did not paint them myself. I bought them from a member on a different forum. If you would like, I can do my best to hunt down the info for the guy that paints them for others. The lettering and lines are painted in a silver color that makes for a nice contrast. I may look into getting the fuse cover to match from JLT that someone else mentioned above. That might add just a bit more flare without being overkill. Will post pic should I decide to add it. I think the next mod will be changing rear rotors to the '13 GT500 rears. It is small price for nice mod. If you would like any more pics, please let me know. Thanks.
Could you hunt that info down? I think I want to do mine Ruby Red with Ingot Silver lettering. I also plan on the GT500 rear rotors!
Old 7/13/14, 04:01 PM

I will do my best to get that info. I will email the guy I bought them from and see if he still has the guy's number or email. I will send it to you when I get something.
Old 7/13/14, 04:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I will do my best to get that info. I will email the guy I bought them from and see if he still has the guy's number or email. I will send it to you when I get something.
Thanks buddy.
Old 7/13/14, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Those coil covers look fantastic. I'm not big on appearance stuff but I would have mine painted DIB and silver like that in a heartbeat!

Def let me know what you find.
Old 7/13/14, 05:21 PM

I will most definitely let you know when I find out something. I sent out email already and have my fingers crossed that he gets back to me. Will update soon, I hope.
Old 7/13/14, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Faceman, thanks for the pic. Those look GREAT and would certainly love the info if/when you get a response from him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And DIB owners with body colored coil covers or other engine pieces?