Notices
Deep Impact Blue

2013 Impact Blue GT

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/12, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doofoo
Sorry for bumping this thread back up. I had a question about your speaker upgrade. Were they plug and play (bolt right up with no modifications)? What model did you use? How's the sound with the stock OEM radio?

I have a base 13 as well and the speakers are HORRIBLE.. I need to get them swapped right away!

Did you swap the front and rears?
Hey sorry, I didn't get a notification anybody replied here. If you still want info yeah I swapped both front and rears. Also I have the base 4 speaker system. If you have either of the shaker systems it will be different. I used some infinity reference speakers, nothing fancy or anything but better than stock. The fronts are real easy to get out, the rears however require the removal or moving of a bunch of trim and clips. A quick search should turn up some how-to's though. As far as plug and play as long as you get the correct size or adapter plates everything should bolt right up. However, there is a plastic connector that connects the wiring to the stock speaker. You can either just cut this these off (as I did) and wire right to the new speaker, or you can buy adapters so you don't have to cut your stock wiring. Crutchfield Speaker Wiring Harness The sound isn't going to blow any doors off or anything, but it's a definite noticeable improvement over stock. The stock speakers use pretty shoddy materials, so most aftermarket options will be some sort of an upgrade.

Originally Posted by 2013impactGT
Looks great! Just got my first ETA on my car last week.....these pics make me Jealous! Where are you in Illinois?
Yeah I was originally going to order, but found this one so I lucked out Looking at your sig though that car is going to be sweet! I would have loved the glass roof and track pack. However, me wanting to keep my monthly payment lower won out and in the end the big thing for me was that it had eight cylinders and a six speed row your own. I'm in McHenry, bout an hour north of the city and like 15 mins south of the WI border.

Last edited by Bandit79; 7/21/12 at 10:08 AM.
Old 7/21/12, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing.
Old 7/21/12, 12:05 PM
V6 Member

Yeah I was originally going to order, but found this one so I lucked out Looking at your sig though that car is going to be sweet! I would have loved the glass roof and track pack. However, me wanting to keep my monthly payment lower won out and in the end the big thing for me was that it had eight cylinders and a six speed row your own. I'm in McHenry, bout an hour north of the city and like 15 mins south of the WI border.[/QUOTE]

Yep I know McHenry..I live in Fox Lake. And thanks I can't wait for it to get here. I understand the car payment thing...but they were ummm impulse buys as I was checking out! I have been driving my truck for 13 years so I splurged a bit. Just dying for it to get here.

Have fun with it...I'm hoping to have mine in about 10 days.
Old 7/21/12, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MBarrette10
Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing.
Thanks

Originally Posted by 2013impactGT
Have fun with it...I'm hoping to have mine in about 10 days..Yep I know McHenry..I live in Fox Lake. And thanks I can't wait for it to get here. I understand the car payment thing...but they were ummm impulse buys as I was checking out! I have been driving my truck for 13 years so I splurged a bit. Just dying for it to get here.

Guaranteed you'll love it! haha. Where'd you buy it from? I got mine from Buss in Mchenry. Have had it for a couple months now and it's still just as much fun as when I drove it off the lot. Yeah I actually work in Fox Lake. There's another '13 DIB GT (convertible though) that I see on 12/59 every once and a while. So there'll be at least three of us running around here.

Last edited by Bandit79; 7/21/12 at 03:05 PM.
Old 7/22/12, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

Guaranteed you'll love it! haha. Where'd you buy it from? I got mine from Buss in Mchenry. Have had it for a couple months now and it's still just as much fun as when I drove it off the lot. Yeah I actually work in Fox Lake. There's another '13 DIB GT (convertible though) that I see on 12/59 every once and a while. So there'll be at least three of us running around here.[/QUOTE]

I actually ordered mine from Napleton in Libertyville after a bad experience I had at Wickstrom where they told me the could order one...so I went in and did all the paperwork and they came back to me and said oh we don't have any allocation until June....did not make me happy. Almost went out and bout a Challenger but in the end I just decided to use a different dealer and it worked out because the ended up selling it me at invoice which was a lot cheaper than Wickstrom quoted me. Cost me a couple weeks but it ended up saving me a lot of cash and the rebate even went up from 500 to 1000.