Notices
Deep Impact Blue

2013 DEEP IMPACT BLUE GT, Track named "The Mistress"

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/15, 08:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Yep she's for sale here in Germany. I'm only asking 27K. 30,ooo miles isn't much. It's one of those have to moments in life. I'm retiring from the Army after 21 years and moving back to the U.S. From Europe so she is on the chopping block. If she doesn't sell I will end up paying out of pocket to ship a vehicle back. And once I get there it will be more difficult to sell so I won't bother. There are big plans for her one day if she doesn't sell.

Man your car is to Nice to sell. I have an Idea for you. Jake up the price and it will not sell. Then you can keep the car. LOL you have to do what you have to do. I love the car.. Good Luck
Old 2/9/15, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Yep she's for sale here in Germany. I'm only asking 27K. 30,ooo miles isn't much. It's one of those have to moments in life. I'm retiring from the Army after 21 years and moving back to the U.S. From Europe so she is on the chopping block. If she doesn't sell I will end up paying out of pocket to ship a vehicle back. And once I get there it will be more difficult to sell so I won't bother. There are big plans for her one day if she doesn't sell.
Ferry that car back to the U.S. with you.
Old 2/10/15, 02:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. It's just something that I have to do. I'm still kind of mulling it over because I would like to be able to ship a car early so it's there waiting for me to pick it up when I get there. That way we don't have to wait for it. If I sell my car then I will either have to buy another one when I get back so I have a car while we are waiting for the other car to arrive or ship the one car left early and not have a car for a good while over here which won't really work either. Kind of stuck either way because I need two cars because of my wife and I both working once we get back to the states.

My wife has a minivan that we paid to ship over here. I was trying to avoid shipping another vehicle at my own cost. If I keep her and ship a car I'm shipping the Mustang and keeping the van here with us. When I get back to the states we will only have two kids in the house so I won't need the van any longer. It will be cheaper to ship the Mustang versus the van. So it makes sense to keep the van here and have the Army ship it back on their dime.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 2/10/15 at 02:49 AM.
Old 2/10/15, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. It's just something that I have to do. I'm still kind of mulling it over because I would like to be able to ship a car early so it's there waiting for me to pick it up when I get there. That way we don't have to wait for it. If I sell my car then I will either have to buy another one when I get back so I have a car while we are waiting for the other car to arrive or ship the one car left early and not have a car for a good while over here which won't really work either. Kind of stuck either way because I need two cars because of my wife and I both working once we get back to the states.

My wife has a minivan that we paid to ship over here. I was trying to avoid shipping another vehicle at my own cost. If I keep her and ship a car I'm shipping the Mustang and keeping the van here with us. When I get back to the states we will only have two kids in the house so I won't need the van any longer. It will be cheaper to ship the Mustang versus the van. So it makes sense to keep the van here and have the Army ship it back on their dime.
You just said the answer. Ship the Stang and sell the mini van. There are tons of certified mini vans here and you could get a great deal on one when you get back!! Look you have raced it over there. Have all these pictures now you have the memories to share with your kids and a car to give to them later..
Old 2/10/15, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I meant I would ship my car at my expense and the van would get shipped at the expense of the Army. I will still need it to get us around until we leave here. No more mini vans after the wheels fall off of this one.
Old 2/11/15, 12:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I hope things work out for you if its keeping the mustang or not. Thank you for your service and best of luck in your future.
I sold a fox mustang that I should have ship here to Germany. Would have been a fun car to drive around here.
Old 2/11/15, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Steve, I've been thinking about reacting to your idea of selling your DIB on the other side of the big pond.... I don't want to intrude, and you probably already have looked at this.

I am originally from The Netherlands, which as you probably know, borders Germany. I keep up a little with what is going on there, while enjoying the California sunshine.
Quite a lot of people import special cars, or more expensive used cars from Germany into The Netherlands, as that seems to be quite a bit cheaper.
I looked on the autotrader site..... www.autotrader.nl
Look at what the going prices are for 2013 Mustangs: over 50k Euro to even 75K Euro.
If you were to sell it to a Dutch person for anything close to this price, you could buy a nice Shelby when you get back in the States.
Old 2/11/15, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will check that out. It's on the German market. The dilemma is that Germans have to pay the 19% VAT Tax and a 10% import tax on top of what I'm asking to pay my car off. I'm going to post it on Autotrader.nl and .de. It's already on Mobile.de.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 2/11/15 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2/12/15, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Got a nibble today about the car. We will see how it pans out.
Old 2/16/15, 10:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet someone will buy your car. I know Mustang are kinda rare in Europe.
Old 2/17/15, 10:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks I hope so. They aren't as rare as you think. The 2015's are being sold here at the dealerships. Hopefully someone who likes this style better will buy it.
Old 2/18/15, 11:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Got my Hawks HP Plus brake pads in the mail yesterday and cleaned up the rotors that have been on a shelf for a couple of years that I picked up for cheap. Today I'm doing the install along with a fluid flush to ATE Super Blue. That's the best fluid I could find locally. I didn't want order that too.

Maybe I will get to drop the car off to get the rear bumper repainted and I'm taking the stripes off the car because they have been put through the ringer with the weather here in Germany and look like poop.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 2/24/15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2/19/15, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So I did the install on the pads, fluid and rotors this evening after work. It didn't take me long. Less than 2 hours from start to finishing the clean up. After bedding the brakes in all I can say is HOLY CRAP! This thing stops quick now. Everything I had in my trunk hit the back seat the first hard brake that I did. The brake dive is super noticeable now as well. I'm very happy I got my brake pedal feel back and the upgraded performance is a definite plus.

The pads are quite a bit more noisy at slower speeds but only at certain points in the pedal travel. Mostly initially and if you let off a bit. Small price to pay for awesome brakes. It will annoy other people and not me so I don't really care.
Old 2/19/15, 05:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Nice Steve! So maybe you'll keep her now!!!
Old 2/20/15, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........???? But probably not given enough money.
Old 2/21/15, 08:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Ship Stang.

In my shorts.
Old 2/21/15, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Pretty sure it's not gonna fit in there.
Old 2/24/15, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So I've been checking out potential replacements for the Mistress at the New Car Sales through the Army Exchange here the last week or so. So here's the dillema...

Sell the car -
- Order a new Fiesta ST in Green fully loaded and delivered to the dealership of my choice in SC. It will be there when I get back and I can go straight from the airport to pick it up.
- I will have a car the day I get there
- I can order what I want.
- Out the door price is super low. Less than 23K with no money down.

- I can order a new EcoBoost with the Performance Pack/6M for super low price, same scenario. Less than 25K delivered.

Keep the Mistress
- refinance her and end up with the same payment range
- pay $1200-$1500 to ship her back so she's there when I get there.
- keep the car that I've had a blast in for the last 3 years here in Europe.
- make her almost un-streetable with N/A mods and track the crap out her for years.

Old 2/24/15, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If it were up to me, I would keep her! A Fiesta ST is a whole different car, and not comparable at all to what you currently have.
I won't comment on the new mustang... That will get me in trouble..

When I moved to the US, I also bought a car through a program that is usually used for returning expats (also US army). My experience was that it was convenient, but not necessarily cheaper. If you have access to X-Plan, it could actually turn out to be cheaper.

But then again... It's not up to me... Good luck with your choice.
Old 2/24/15, 10:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks. After checking out the new Mustang up close today I'm almost positive I won't go that route.

Quick Reply: 2013 DEEP IMPACT BLUE GT, Track named "The Mistress"