Notices
Gotta Have It Green

Ghig paint match

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/13, 12:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ghig paint match

So as some of you may know, my car was hit about 2 months ago. Only the rear bumper was damaged. The body shop replaced the bumper and the paint was a little off but only to anyone REALLY looking for the imperfection. But the shop agreed to talk to some ford reps and have me come back and have it re sprayed when they have it all figured out. That's where I'm at now and I just got the call saying its off again! And they want to do some body panel blending. I think I am against this, as if that comes out wrong my whole car will need a respray. Of the WRONG color. How far can I go with telling these guys they need to continue to do it until its right or pay another shop since I've had my spoiler painted at another shop and it matched perfectly. Thanks a lot
Old 7/3/13, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
So as some of you may know, my car was hit about 2 months ago. Only the rear bumper was damaged. The body shop replaced the bumper and the paint was a little off but only to anyone REALLY looking for the imperfection. But the shop agreed to talk to some ford reps and have me come back and have it re sprayed when they have it all figured out. That's where I'm at now and I just got the call saying its off again! And they want to do some body panel blending. I think I am against this, as if that comes out wrong my whole car will need a respray. Of the WRONG color. How far can I go with telling these guys they need to continue to do it until its right or pay another shop since I've had my spoiler painted at another shop and it matched perfectly. Thanks a lot
Like I said in the PM if the shop is good the blending is a good thing. If t hey are using the paint code and mixing and spraying correctly there should be no issues, however my good friend at the body shop I went to went on to say its about the clear as well as the paint etc...

If you look at my car you can not tell the back from the front in the color, texture etc...
Old 7/3/13, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah thanks a lot for the answers. I'm pretty worried about letting this place blend right now I think. But yours does looks great