Notices
Gotta Have It Green

Close up Shots of Gotta Have It Green

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/11, 12:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I'll play along. It's actually not that bad. Do I like it over my Kona Blue? Not even close... but I think it's a cool color that I would like to see in person. Really sticks out, that's for sure... I just hope Ford didn't do this to copy/compete with Camaro's lime green color too... ewww.
Old 12/5/11, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Ok, I'll bite.

[...]

Conformist? Pfft. Call someone else out.

/
//Oh yeah, by the way, twice stopped... simply because she's pretty, and they wanted to harass me. I don't speed.
///... much.
So you have a highly customized white car. That's different than just buying a white car and keeping it white.

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Grabber blue is boring????? Remind me how grabber blue is boring.

I feel insulted..lol
Sorry for misunderstanding. I was simply pointing out that it's another blue shade. Grabber blue is definitely a unique color, as should be on the Mustang.

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Some of the most common colors are black, white, and silver/grey. They're simple, classy, professional, and they blend well. That's always gonna be true, and that's how it's always gonna be. Some colors just look like ****, and that'll always be true as well. Lighter/brighter colors always draw more attention, and most people aren't looking to draw attention to themselves everytime they run to the store. Darker colors will always be more popular.
You have blinders on, my friend. Look at the rest of the world and what color's are popular there. The Great U.S. of A is just one country. And in this day and age, that doesn't mean much. Even here, where there is so much diversity already.

Originally Posted by crveni
Darker colours will always be popular in the US, and therefore you have proven the conformist theory! Have you checked out the FORD colours available in Europe or Brazil?? Mustang will be a global car in 2 years; why do you think they brought out the Gotta Have It Green?? All I said in my 5cent sermon was keep your dark colours, but allow for a dealer installed (read-painted, to differ cost from the manufacturer) colours option as Ford had in the 60's, thats all! So for the majority that wants to conform, keep the dark colour, and for us few ou there that want something different, well we are willing to pay a little extra to play, so give us the option! this is not Roe VS Wade!!
And that is all that I want as well. Just the option to prove that the 'popular' colors aren't the only colors that are wanted.
Old 12/5/11, 12:55 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gotta see it in person. If it truly is that pastel then me no likey. But if it has more neon in it that gets washed out it pics ala grabber blue then I may like it
Old 12/5/11, 01:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Maybe Ford should rename the color to "Gotta See it in Person Green"
Old 12/5/11, 01:15 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Maybe Ford should rename the color to "Gotta See it in Person Green"
This made me lol. ^^^ Heard a lot of word play on this color so far but I like this one.
Old 12/5/11, 02:59 PM

dogiebitt,

thank you for your support! Thats what a true Mustanger is!
Old 12/5/11, 03:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
And to address "stupidgenius36", I want the paint option to come from the factory or OEM supplier like Roush, where you know its quality and has a registry for it! If I take it to MAACO, its not the same! Again to re-iterate----VARIETY! I dont begrudge the shades of gray or silver if you will, and to each his own! I stated b4 I perosnally think that this particular GREEN is washed out looking in pics, but reserve final judgement once I see it in person! Even if its puke green as Dodge Neon of yore, its Variety, not quality, but variety! After all this I just might go and order a puke green mustang from my dealer, just to be a statistic! How come Chevy got it right on the Camaro?
Knowing the quality doesn't make it good quality. There's plenty of reputable shops out there that know how to paint. So a shop known for cheap paint jobs wouldn't be my first stop. But I certainly wouldn't present Ford with any awards for their paint jobs either. Also options always cost money. More options = higher price. So we'd all be paying more for a color that only a few want. I'm all for options, but I'm also for prices staying reasonable. I agree that the pictures probably don't do it justice, but I still don't think it'll be much better in person.

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
You have blinders on, my friend. Look at the rest of the world and what color's are popular there. The Great U.S. of A is just one country. And in this day and age, that doesn't mean much. Even here, where there is so much diversity already.
And that is all that I want as well. Just the option to prove that the 'popular' colors aren't the only colors that are wanted.
You're delusional, if you think they care enough about other countries to care what colors they like. Other countries simply aren't a big enough part of the Mustang's customer base to cater to any of their needs. If more people wanted other colors, then they'd have them...and they'd be "popular".
Old 12/5/11, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ok, I'll bite.

[...]

Conformist? Pfft. Call someone else out.

/
//Oh yeah, by the way, twice stopped... simply because she's pretty, and they wanted to harass me. I don't speed.
///... much.
So you have a highly customized white car. That's different than just buying a white car and keeping it white.
Well, you didn't say that:
Wonder how many of you that don't like the green drive boring red/blue/black/white cars...? Way to be a conformist. Maybe now the cops won't get you when you speed!
So I called ya on it. Not a huge though... well, no, really, it's kinda a huge, I guess.
Old 12/5/11, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Knowing the quality doesn't make it good quality. There's plenty of reputable shops out there that know how to paint. So a shop known for cheap paint jobs wouldn't be my first stop. But I certainly wouldn't present Ford with any awards for their paint jobs either.
Factory paint job comes with a factory warranty. If something goes wrong and it's their fault, they fix it. Do reputable shops give warranties? I know some will sell you a warranty. Others will have only labor warranty, or only material warranty. Factory is always best when buying new.

Also options always cost money. More options = higher price. So we'd all be paying more for a color that only a few want. I'm all for options, but I'm also for prices staying reasonable.
Then why do they charge a premium when you select certain colors? It's so they don't have to charge others for those 'oddball' colors that most people don't want. And I think people that truly want the unique colors, are also willing to pay a premium. I know I'd pay $1000 or whatever just to be able to get a School Bus Yellow GT. And I'd do it with a huge grin

You're delusional, if you think they care enough about other countries to care what colors they like. Other countries simply aren't a big enough part of the Mustang's customer base to cater to any of their needs. If more people wanted other colors, then they'd have them...and they'd be "popular".
Ford has stated that the next Mustang will be a world car. It will have design queues and be marketable to the rest of the world, not only America. Also, the Mustang is not that popular of a car when you look at the greater scope. Ford is in the business of making money, they want to sell cars all over the world, especially in tough times like these. Look at other automakers, they are doing the same thing. Killing off regional models, or expanding their lineup to outside certain regions.

Oh, and I'll just leave these here
Ford India Sales Up 30 Percent This Year, Adds Three New Export Markets in November

Ford Launches All-New Ford Ranger at International Motor Expo 2011 and Announces Pricing for Additional Models

Ford Calls for Strategy to Improve the Global Competitiveness of Europe’s Auto Industry

Ford's European Sales and Market Share Up In October; Industry Sales Remain Soft
Old 12/5/11, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, you didn't say that:

So I called ya on it. Not a huge though... well, no, really, it's kinda a huge, I guess.
This car is white also. k?
Old 12/6/11, 03:36 AM

Dont think its worth coming to this site/forum any longer just to get your head bitten off because of an opinion or option! I shudder to think what kind of verbal molestation one would get for voicing political opinions, if people jump down your throat over a stupid green color!! Came here thinking this is a Mustang community! Sad, truly sad, when you have to fight for your opinion in America today!
Old 12/6/11, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Dont think its worth coming to this site/forum any longer just to get your head bitten off because of an opinion or option! I shudder to think what kind of verbal molestation one would get for voicing political opinions, if people jump down your throat over a stupid green color!! Came here thinking this is a Mustang community! Sad, truly sad, when you have to fight for your opinion in America today!
Just a friendly debate hoping the other party sees your point of view. And if not, then oh well. Rest of the website isn't like this thread. A lot of helpful people here.
Old 12/6/11, 06:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just a friendly debate hoping the other party sees your point of view. And if not, then oh well. Rest of the website isn't like this thread. A lot of helpful people here.
+1. Don't let a few people ruin a great place for you. Lots and lots of great people on here.
Old 12/7/11, 06:09 AM

Would like to thank both "dogiebitt" and "05fordgt" for the true Mustanger spirit and support! I will never own a gray, silver or black Mustang, but I will sure spend MY hardearned dollars on lively colors like Gotta Have It Green! I have 2 red Mustangs, and love them, but now I want something a lil different! My fav green color is Rosuh/Barrett Jackson/Sherwin Williams Sassy Grass Pearl! Now if Ford had that mixed in the lab, oh boy, I'd be at my dealer 1st thing today!
Attached Thumbnails Close up Shots of Gotta Have It Green-1zvbp8ch1a5156473-23.jpg  
Old 12/7/11, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We used to call it "Baby **** Green"...I guess that's what some people "Gotta Have" these days.
I thought baby...green was darker - like avocado green?

Something tells me that color will pop during sunrise/sunset... but only then.
Old 12/7/11, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Factory paint job comes with a factory warranty. If something goes wrong and it's their fault, they fix it. Do reputable shops give warranties? I know some will sell you a warranty. Others will have only labor warranty, or only material warranty. Factory is always best when buying new.

Then why do they charge a premium when you select certain colors? It's so they don't have to charge others for those 'oddball' colors that most people don't want. And I think people that truly want the unique colors, are also willing to pay a premium. I know I'd pay $1000 or whatever just to be able to get a School Bus Yellow GT. And I'd do it with a huge grin

Ford has stated that the next Mustang will be a world car. It will have design queues and be marketable to the rest of the world, not only America. Also, the Mustang is not that popular of a car when you look at the greater scope. Ford is in the business of making money, they want to sell cars all over the world, especially in tough times like these. Look at other automakers, they are doing the same thing. Killing off regional models, or expanding their lineup to outside certain regions.
I would expect any good shop to cover their work with a warranty. The only color I'm seeing a premium price on right now is Red Candy, and I certainly wouldn't call that an odd/rare color, so I wouldn't attribute the premium to that. Again, a good paint shop can give you a truly unique color. Whether the next model is a "world car" or not, I expect the majority of the sales to still be primarily American. The platform may contribute/share more with the rest of the world. But last I checked, the Mustang is the only Ford not smothered with Ford badges on the exterior.

No one has bitten your head off...despite yall calling us out as "conformists" and not being "true mustangers"...Whatever that means. I didn't realize color choice is what made someone a true Mustang fan. I'd say this is a pretty civil disagreement. If you can't handle this, then I'd definitely stay clear of the politics section...

I have 2 red Mustangs...
You conformist! I just couldn't resist...

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
I thought baby...green was darker - like avocado green? Something tells me that color will pop during sunrise/sunset... but only then.
Well...possibly. We always just used that phrase for shades of green that look terrible. I agree it definitely may look better during sunrise/sunset...I love my color (Torch Red) under the clouds, yet other times it's waaay too orange for me (especially in pictures). These colors seem to be very sensitive to lighting conditions, and I'm sure this green is no different.
Old 12/7/11, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
This car is white also. k?
No, that's black. It's 70% or more black, I don't care what the underlying colors are.

I am officially confused, now, though, because that car is evidence that a 'white' car isn't boring, but that's what you claimed in the first post about "driving your boring white car." (paraphrased), so I think you're just stalling for some reason.

Or I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's just easy: Pour on more dirt. Mountain!
Old 12/7/11, 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

No, that's black. It's 70% or more black, I don't care what the underlying colors are.

I am officially confused, now, though, because that car is evidence that a 'white' car isn't boring, but that's what you claimed in the first post about "driving your boring white car." (paraphrased), so I think you're just stalling for some reason.

Or I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's just easy: Pour on more dirt. Mountain!
But...but....but...
look at it! It was a white car that had buckets and buckets of black paint poured on it!

I was just playing with you. I know that accessories can make a car look better no matter what color it is, but truth is, most people don't modify their cars. Therefore flat/dark colors are what the cars stay.

There were a bunch of people stating their opinions on the green color negatively, so I thought I'd state my opinion too. That's all.
Old 12/8/11, 07:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Green is actually my favorite color, although I wouldn't be caught dead in a green car or a green shirt lol
Old 12/8/11, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

The color kind of reminds me the BRUT color on their aerosol anti-perspirant and deodorant can. Which is prolly a shade or two darker than the color on the 'Stang, but yet an awesome color anyway.

I'd also love to see that Barret-Jackson color or Cuda green color on a Boss or even a new edition of the Mach1.

Quick Reply: Close up Shots of Gotta Have It Green