Notices
Race Red

Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/13, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)

Hey all,

As stated before I am currently deployed for about another quarter-ish. But in my free time I have gone on and done some research and went ahead and ordered all the parts for my build on my 12 Race Red GT when I get back. I wanted to improve the handling and the looks. 412 ponies is good for now, and I decided to put any power mods off until I run out of warranty. I was more interested in getting the power to the pavement this time around. Going to take lots of pics throughout the process, but alot of the parts will be going on the same day as it is easier to install parts when you have the suspension pulled apart. I already have the Flowmaster Outlaw series axle back, a grabberpony shift ****, and some tint installed. But here is what I have waiting to put on my girl when I do finally get home:

Suspension:

BBS Rear Lower Control Arms
Eibach Sportlines
Eiback Anti-Sway Bar
Eibach Caster Bolts
SR Strut Tower Brace
J&M Panhard Bar

Looks:

CDC Chin Spoiler
MMD Rear Deck Lid Panel
Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights
Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights
Matte Black 5.0 emblems
Matte Black Hood Accent Decals with 5.0 cut out
Quater Panel Marker Tint
Side Marker Smoked Tint
Staggered 20" Enkei Performance Falcons Wrapped in Sumi HTR III's
Third Brake Light Smoked Tint

Its a start, there will be more done in about a year and half after I get back when the warranty goes out and I can play with the drive train. Looking forward to your comments when I finally start the build. Cheers!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Steve50; 5/27/13 at 09:59 PM.
Old 5/28/13, 12:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve50
Hey all,

As stated before I am currently deployed for about another quarter-ish. But in my free time I have gone on and done some research and went ahead and ordered all the parts for my build on my 12 Race Red GT when I get back. I wanted to improve the handling and the looks. 412 ponies is good for now, and I decided to put any power mods off until I run out of warranty. I was more interested in getting the power to the pavement this time around. Going to take lots of pics throughout the process, but alot of the parts will be going on the same day as it is easier to install parts when you have the suspension pulled apart. I already have the Flowmaster Outlaw series axle back, a grabberpony shift ****, and some tint installed. But here is what I have waiting to put on my girl when I do finally get home:

Suspension:

BBS Rear Lower Control Arms
Eibach Sportlines
Eiback Anti-Sway Bar
Eibach Caster Bolts
SR Strut Tower Brace
J&M Panhard Bar

Looks:

CDC Chin Spoiler
MMD Rear Deck Lid Panel
Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights
Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights
Matte Black 5.0 emblems
Matte Black Hood Accent Decals with 5.0 cut out
Quater Panel Marker Tint
Side Marker Smoked Tint
Staggered 20" Enkei Performance Falcons Wrapped in Sumi HTR III's
Third Brake Light Smoked Tint

Its a start, there will be more done in about a year and half after I get back when the warranty goes out and I can play with the drive train. Looking forward to your comments when I finally start the build. Cheers!
Looks good. I would do dampers at the same. It saves labor and then you'll be done with the suspension.
Old 5/29/13, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Looks good. I would do dampers at the same. It saves labor and then you'll be done with the suspension.
Good point ... even though I am doing the installation by myself and just have the shop do the alignment afterwards. Went ahead and ordered:

GT500 strut mounts
Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts
Old 6/8/13, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point ... even though I am doing the installation by myself and just have the shop do the alignment afterwards. Went ahead and ordered:

GT500 strut mounts
Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts
You'll like these. I used this setup with BMR springs. Great ride and lowered it just perfect. Good choice!
Old 8/26/13, 06:36 AM

Heading home soon ... thank goodness. Had my buddy get the rims and tires mounted on the car. Looks pretty good as is, but I can't wait to get the drop on it to see the full effect. Loving the staggered look already! Thinking I will have to go with Nitto's when the Sumi's wear out though. Should all be installed by the end of September though.
Attached Thumbnails Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0087.jpg  
Old 8/26/13, 07:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are 20's?
Old 8/26/13, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Those are 20's?
Yep ... 20x8.5 up front and 20x10 in the back.
Old 8/26/13, 07:46 AM

Another view
Attached Thumbnails Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0086.jpg  
Old 8/27/13, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
what size tires?
Old 8/28/13, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
what size tires?
255/35 Upfront and 275/35 in the back. Keeps the appropriate wheel diameter.
Old 1/18/14, 09:22 AM

Ok so I slacked on the build thread ... but she turned out great in my humble opinion ...
Attached Thumbnails Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0504.jpg   Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0495.jpg   Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0522.jpg   Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-img_0493.jpg  
Old 1/26/14, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok so I slacked on the build thread ... but she turned out great in my humble opinion ...
Wow!! Looks awesome!! Exactly the way I would do it :-) man if u add some Roush side splitters it'll flow nicely with that front lip. It's an easy install too
Old 1/29/14, 07:53 AM

Thanks man! Yeah the splitters are on my short lists of follow on mods after seeing it all said an d done. Next thing I think will be brake rotor and pad upgrades. Trying to fight the power hunger as long as I can, but more and more I find myself looking at the bolt on power adders.
Old 2/5/14, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks man! Yeah the splitters are on my short lists of follow on mods after seeing it all said an d done. Next thing I think will be brake rotor and pad upgrades. Trying to fight the power hunger as long as I can, but more and more I find myself looking at the bolt on power adders.
Since u mentioned brakes, I suggest looking at some Brembo take offs, I just got my hands on a pair from a 13 GT. Since it's off im gonna give it the proper red treatment, attempting to make it look like this pic but in red
Attached Thumbnails Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-image-1254846285.jpg   Steve50's Build Thread (Upcoming)-image-784665861.jpg  
Old 2/9/14, 05:04 PM

Steve,

Your 'stang looks ba-ba-ba-bad!

I see you have the wisdom and fine breeding to have installed the ultimate upgrade -- that bodacious "Titans" front plate. Exemplary and four-o.

Mike

P.S. -- You don't happen to be SS ridin' one of those boomer-types out of Savannah, do you? (I'm an old airedale)