2012-2013 BOSS 302

Are you Mustang guys and gals...or

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/12, 01:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been a FORD guy since 1970, with a few variants here and there.
(they've been disappointing) My last vehicle was an '04 Corvette, which I liked despite it's numerous quality related problems. When the Boss came out
and I read the reviews I was impressed and I knew the 'Vette's days were numbered. The only thing I miss about the 'Vette was it's amazing gas mileage. I could get 34 mpg on a trip bombing down the interstate 70-75 mph all day long. The Boss can't compete in that arena, but it makes up for it in personality!
Old 10/18/12, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

I have always been a hardcore Import lover my entire driving life. And all i ever cared about was how a car handled on a road course or in the curves over how a car accelerated through the 1/4 mile. I never gave any American made car a chance. I was 100% convinced i was buying another Sti for my next fun car. But Ford impressed me.....they really did. The Boss 302 jumped into my radar and i have never wanted a car so bad all my life. But it's not just the boss. The more i became a part of this Forum the more information i picked up about all Ford vehicles. My friends pick on me all the time....but it's true now.....i am a Ford guy. I want a Focus ST to drive to work everyday....I want a Raptor to drive when i need a truck.....and of course i want my Boss. Would love a GT500....that would be the ultimate. But that car is just a little out of my reach . The boss is the best bang for my dollar. It does exactly what i want my weekend/track car to do. And i will have one.......Soon! So yes....the Boss brought me here and i am fine with that.
Old 10/18/12, 01:27 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I still drive GM vehicles. Had 2 F-bodies. A 95 and 96 Impalla SS. And on mustang #4. I don't care as long as I like it.
Old 10/18/12, 08:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Always been a ford guy since I helped my dad build his 86 Fox, which is now rounding out it's Termi swap. So I basically had to buy a Boss otherwise I wouldn't feel right.
Old 10/18/12, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
Always been a ford guy since I helped my dad build his 86 Fox, which is now rounding out it's Termi swap. So I basically had to buy a Boss otherwise I wouldn't feel right.
Pics?
Old 10/19/12, 05:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Pics?

Last edited by Brandon302; 10/19/12 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10/20/12, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dayve
did you just like the Boss?

I am not a Ford or Chevy guy, I buy what I like. My last car was a 1992 Saturn, bought new when it was all I could afford. Since then, I have had a Jeep Wrangler, not counting that as a "car," and two Nissan Frontiers, I need a truck for work.

I bought the Boss because I wanted something different, a Sunday driver, limited or special edition. The wife found this one about an hour away. She talked me into going to look at it and said, "You work hard and do not buy yourself too much, just get it." So I did. A green 2013 Boss, number 1017, and number 230 done in green. I have no regrets, love driving the Boss after a long day at work, or on the weekends.

So, were you a Mustang fan, having several Mustangs over the years, or did you just buy a Boss because you like the Boss.
Congratulations on your purchase. Love that color. Sounds like you have yourself a good woman too.

Originally Posted by ManInABox
The Boss 302 jumped into my radar and i have never wanted a car so bad all my life. But it's not just the boss. The more i became a part of this Forum the more information i picked up about all Ford vehicles. My friends pick on me all the time....but it's true now.....i am a Ford guy. I want a Focus ST to drive to work everyday....I want a Raptor to drive when i need a truck.....and of course i want my Boss. Would love a GT500....that would be the ultimate. But that car is just a little out of my reach . The boss is the best bang for my dollar. It does exactly what i want my weekend/track car to do. And i will have one.......Soon! So yes....the Boss brought me here and i am fine with that.
This is pretty much what happened to me with Ford vehicles. I'm not really a Ford guy, but in being around these forums and other Ford owners you get to see the merits of other vehicles. I'd love a Raptor, or a King Ranch F250 in Golden Bronze Metallic.
Can't say I bleed blue through and through though. The C7 is on my radar for a future purchase, and if I made a little more money I'd own a CTS-V Black Diamond Edition right now.
Hoping to hang on to the Boss no matter what I get next though.
I hope you find Quorra soon dude.
Old 10/22/12, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Snowman

This is pretty much what happened to me with Ford vehicles. I'm not really a Ford guy, but in being around these forums and other Ford owners you get to see the merits of other vehicles. I'd love a Raptor, or a King Ranch F250 in Golden Bronze Metallic.
Can't say I bleed blue through and through though. The C7 is on my radar for a future purchase, and if I made a little more money I'd own a CTS-V Black Diamond Edition right now.
Hoping to hang on to the Boss no matter what I get next though.
I hope you find Quorra soon dude.
Thanks brother. It shouldn't be too much longer
Old 10/26/12, 02:09 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

I've only ever been interested in driver's cars (automatics need not apply). The Boss is my first Mustang, and in fact my first American car since a 1969 American Motors AMX. If Chevy or Dodge had decided to build a comparable driver's car, I might be in that. Fortunately they didn't and Ford had the cojones to make the Boss. I've been loving every minute of the past 19 months, using it as my dd from April through November (winters here can be harsh with lots of snow and ice, not really the 'stang's forte).
Old 10/28/12, 10:00 AM

The first fun car I bought was a 93 5.0 Limited Edition LX vert. White on white. It did not satisfy me one bit and I swore I'd never own another Mustang again. In those days Ford gave the perception that they were not really interested in stepping up their performance. Starting in 94 a Camaro could be had with the legendary LT1, 6 speed, 275s, functional hood scoop, etc. That spoke volumes to me at the time. Since then I've had two SS Camaro 6 speeds. One T-top, one vert, and both LS1s. My wife and I enjoyed the holy hell outta those cars. All I really had to do to unleash some of that choked up HP was put a LM catback, K&N and lid on. The LS1 is the best factory motor I've ever experienced. The jury is still out on the Boss motor but I'm very happy thus far.

Fast forward to 2007 and gone are the SS Camaros and bought are the diesel truck and camper. I get the itch for another muscle car. Saw a Boss on the show room floor and fell in love. I was a total sucker for the SRT retro style and saw immediately the pure heritage that the Boss exudes. Ford has changed a lot over the years and I believe they have made the necessary commitment to the customers performance needs and wants. I could not ask for a better modern muscle car. It's so pure. It gets the looks from the people and they talk to me about it all the time.

I have much respect for FOMOCO's position and decisions thru the stimulus tax dollar fleecing of America. They could have held their hand out but they didn't. I will never forgive GM and consequently will never buy another GM product. FOMOCO has earned my business and the business of the generations I create.
Old 10/31/12, 07:39 PM

Hers
Are you Mustang guys and gals...or-hers.jpg
2012 GT BRembos 3.73
(last one 2006 GT)

His
Are you Mustang guys and gals...or-his.jpg
seats+
Old 11/3/12, 07:10 AM
V6 Member

I've never been a Ford guy or a Mustang guy. I've owned 4 Hondas, 2001 S2000, 2005 Civic Si (both were traded in for the Boss), 2000 CBR 600 and a Honda lawn mower (I still have it). If Honda sold a fast, track worthy car with a back seat, I'd own it.

With the arrival of my son, I decided to get one car that could hold a child car seat and be tracked a couple of times year. It came down to either TT RS, ZL1 or Boss 302. Dealers had big markups on the TT RS and the Audi dealer was too far away making service a PITA. I can't fit in a Camaro with my Helmet on and I can barely see out of the car with my helmet off. The Boss passed the helmet test and the holds a child seat, so now there's a comp orange boss 302 in my garage.