2012-2013 BOSS 302

What in the world is going on with BOSS production??

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/11, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What in the world is going on with BOSS production??

My car has been on order since November of last year. I am the number one car ordered at Capital Ford in NC. They are a big mustang dealer that was alloted 12 Bosses. My car is order #B001 for them. It was due to be built on Feb 17th with an original ETA of 9 Mar. Since then I have found out that the car is apparently still in production and as of now no current ETA on arrival. I have been able to view my car and the window sticker through the dealer website since Jan, but now my car does not even show up on their website. Best info that I have gotten in all of my talks with FCS is that they don't know what happened and that the car is supposed to be built on the 29th. Oh and by the way, two weeks ago the ford rep for my dealer told me that my car was on they way and would arrive at the dealer by Friday the 25th. Sure am glad that I did not jump on a plane and fly from Missouri to NC for a car that isn't even done being built yet! I am not familiar with what the blend number represents but I do no that it started very low and is now up to #7230. What in the world is going on up there in MI?? I am really not that upset that the car is going to get here a little later than I was originally told, I just want to know the truth about what is going on so that I can plan accordingly! At this point I have just decided that one day my dealer will call and tell me that the car has arrived because neither one of us can get any real solid info on what is going on with the car.
Old 3/28/11, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

What does the dealer's Vehicle Visibility System say? Please be as specific as you can.
Old 3/28/11, 08:40 AM

VVS just says sent to production on Feb 17th then starting with the 18th of Feb up untill atleast last Wed it just says scheduled for the week of 28 Mar. The ETA reads Mar 9th the whole time. I haven't talked to my dealer in a couple of days so I am going to today to see if they have any other word. They have been left in the dark as much as I have been. Last Wed my salesman faxed me over a copy of what VVS was saying so that I could have a copy to look at while I was on the phone with FCS.
Old 3/28/11, 08:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chris23
My car has been on order since November of last year. I am the number one car ordered at Capital Ford in NC. They are a big mustang dealer that was alloted 12 Bosses. My car is order #B001 for them. It was due to be built on Feb 17th with an original ETA of 9 Mar. Since then I have found out that the car is apparently still in production and as of now no current ETA on arrival. I have been able to view my car and the window sticker through the dealer website since Jan, but now my car does not even show up on their website. Best info that I have gotten in all of my talks with FCS is that they don't know what happened and that the car is supposed to be built on the 29th. Oh and by the way, two weeks ago the ford rep for my dealer told me that my car was on they way and would arrive at the dealer by Friday the 25th. Sure am glad that I did not jump on a plane and fly from Missouri to NC for a car that isn't even done being built yet! I am not familiar with what the blend number represents but I do no that it started very low and is now up to #7230. What in the world is going on up there in MI?? I am really not that upset that the car is going to get here a little later than I was originally told, I just want to know the truth about what is going on so that I can plan accordingly! At this point I have just decided that one day my dealer will call and tell me that the car has arrived because neither one of us can get any real solid info on what is going on with the car.
I feel your pain man.
What is sad is some one person (or maybe many at the factory) know exactly what is up with your car but it's not their jobs so they aren't going to try and help. They just go about their days and use the excuse "not my job". I had great luck with FCS and they have been calling me every couple of days giving me an update. I don't understand because I have an LS and they had some problems but the regular Bosses have been shipping. Like I said, I feel your pain and hope it gets done soon.
Old 3/28/11, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Yup, me too. At least you know ur Q build. I'm not sure of anything
Old 3/28/11, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

You're right, that doesn't make any sense. Recommend that you contact Deysha at Ford Customer Service. She has posts on several threads in this Forum, send her a PM and tell her what you posted here. This is a strange deal....
Old 3/28/11, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

VVS just says sent to production on Feb 17th then starting with the 18th of Feb up untill atleast last Wed it just says scheduled for the week of 28 Mar. The ETA reads Mar 9th the whole time. I haven't talked to my dealer in a couple of days so I am going to today to see if they have any other word. They have been left in the dark as much as I have been. Last Wed my salesman faxed me over a copy of what VVS was saying so that I could have a copy to look at while I was on the phone with FCS.
Sounds like it may get built this week. What is the build date on the window sticker? Have you be able to download the window sticker yourself?
Old 3/28/11, 11:49 AM

Yea I can download the window sticker, but it has never had any info on it as far as build date or shipping info goes.
Old 3/28/11, 12:54 PM

It appeared that there was spurt of Bosses being built in the beginning. Cars were photographed on the lot after completion. Now we haven't heard a thing about any others coming from the factory. Not that they have stopped, but we haven't heard of any new ones being built. Does anyone know if they are still coming off the assembly line? Are there still people who are Q1 who haven't received a build date? When will Q2 start?
Many auto sites are reporting decreased production of ALL manufacturers due to a shortage of components out of Japan. Are our cars affected by this or is everything needed for the alloted Bosses accounted for? It just seems like everything was on schedule and then BAM...nothing. I can be patient. I feel I have been, especially for putting a deposit down in the beginning of Dec and then hearing nothing except unscheduled/material hold. But I would like to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel instead of delay after delay.
Old 3/28/11, 01:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Bones Applesauce
It appeared that there was spurt of Bosses being built in the beginning. Cars were photographed on the lot after completion. Now we haven't heard a thing about any others coming from the factory. Not that they have stopped, but we haven't heard of any new ones being built. Does anyone know if they are still coming off the assembly line? Are there still people who are Q1 who haven't received a build date? When will Q2 start?
Many auto sites are reporting decreased production of ALL manufacturers due to a shortage of components out of Japan. Are our cars affected by this or is everything needed for the alloted Bosses accounted for? It just seems like everything was on schedule and then BAM...nothing. I can be patient. I feel I have been, especially for putting a deposit down in the beginning of Dec and then hearing nothing except unscheduled/material hold. But I would like to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel instead of delay after delay.
I received several build dates, current one is 11April

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/28/11, 01:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Good questions and with a Q2 build I'd also like to know the answers.
Old 3/28/11, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I can download the window sticker, but it has never had any info on it as far as build date or shipping info goes.
Chris, as long as you can download your window sticker, PM me your vehicle identification number and eMail address and I will send you a window sticker with the shipping info. The build date info isn't exactly shown on the sticker.

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 4/10/11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 3/28/11, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Mine just got bumped again, was the 7th, now the 19th. GRRR!
Old 3/28/11, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Chris, as long as you can download your window sticker, PM me your VIN and eMail address and I will send you a window sticker with the shipping info. The build date info isn't exactly shown on the sticker.
Isn't the build date just to the left of the blend #? On mine that number is 120110322. (03/22/2011). My car was released from the plant on 03/23/2011. So yes they were still building Bosses last week.
Old 3/28/11, 06:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Thats what I thought

Sent from my droid via iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/28/11, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I received several build dates, current one is 11April

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
I wonder if the Red paint on your car is one of the paints with a pigment from Japan?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2011...110329922/1256
Old 3/28/11, 06:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MJockey

I wonder if the Red paint on your car is one of the paints with a pigment from Japan?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2011...110329922/1256
I don't think it is? My last four are 9162 should have been built already

Sent from my Droid via iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/28/11, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford built 1,640 Mustangs last week. I wonder how many were Bosses?
Old 3/28/11, 06:39 PM
Cobra R Member

At least one

Old 3/28/11, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
At least one

Quick Reply: What in the world is going on with BOSS production??