Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

We don't need track key for launch control

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/11, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that the clutch release is a default in the programming already. I am gonna hook up my SCT and look for the iirc parameter adjustment.
Old 10/31/11, 02:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Brawlin' Boss
I believe that the clutch release is a default in the programming already. I am gonna hook up my SCT and look for the iirc parameter adjustment.
cool, if you find it let us know.

tuner said there is more to the launch function than just the clutch release part of the tune and you have to have a tuner activate

Last edited by ShaneM; 10/31/11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10/31/11, 06:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Resolution78
as im buying the track key programing this is a mute point to me, i have a friend with a 2003 cobra, every time he took it in they would check it for uneven tire wear to sea if he was doing burnout......

anyways i have an aftermarket tune also..... CAI.... mufflers.... the CAI required it made the motor run lean, if something breaks its simple you put your stock stuff back on and put the stock programing back in, if you can do this as a mustang owner that wants to play alittle...... maybe you should buy a vette or BMW
You might want to do a little more research before giving incorrect advice about just putting stock parts back on and taking it to the dealer. It has been a known fact that Ford is aware of this and the new ECU will alert them to the fact that the tune was changed.

I was simply stating the obvious that with TracKey I will at least have a warranty should the programing cause any issues with my car... unlike the other after-market tunes. Secondly, I chose the Boss because it's what I WANTED. I have not said or stated that anyone should follow my lead and just stick with the TracKey tune. I could care less what you do with your car nor would I suggest what you should drive. Had I wanted a Vette or a BMW... I certainly could have. I have been driving Mustangs since I was 18 ('86 GT, '88 GT, '90 LX, '93 GT, '96 GT, '98 GT, '05 GT, '10 GT Grabber Blue, '10 GT Red Candy and my current Boss) so I am not new to Mustangs or modding them.
Old 11/1/11, 05:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Resolution78
as im buying the track key programing this is a mute point to me, i have a friend with a 2003 cobra, every time he took it in they would check it for uneven tire wear to sea if he was doing burnout......

anyways i have an aftermarket tune also..... CAI.... mufflers.... the CAI required it made the motor run lean, if something breaks its simple you put your stock stuff back on and put the stock programing back in, if you can do this as a mustang owner that wants to play alittle...... maybe you should buy a vette or BMW
Wrong.

Originally Posted by ShaneM
they can't tell the ecm was flashed, just that it was reset. that comes from the tuner ive been using, who work at a dealership until a year or so ago.

Wrong...
We've only been discussing this for a whole year, the dealer can see flash counts.

Last edited by fdjizm; 11/1/11 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11/1/11, 06:04 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, the tuning and visibility of a tune subject has been discussed ad nauseum. Please keep this on topic.

I'm happy to see that tuners are starting to figure out the ECU more than before. I still think the SCT flash tool is VERY primitive compared to other solutions in the aftermarket world, such as the Cobb Accessport, Bullydog, etc. I'd like to see the "next-gen" flash tuners have more ability than the current, with things like launch control and no lift shift integrated in the system.
Old 11/1/11, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Wrong.

Wrong...
We've only been discussing this for a whole year, the dealer can see flash counts.
i've not seen the discussions, not all of us have been on this site for years. anyway i'd like to see more tuners too with new features. i assumed the lack of features was a result of limitations in the car ecm. this tuner has a lot less available to change in options than the one for my 05 did. ive been told that was due to the tuners being locked down on the new cars due to the cyl 8 failure issue.
Old 11/1/11, 10:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just set the idle to 5000 rpm, lol
Old 11/1/11, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i've not seen the discussions, not all of us have been on this site for years. anyway i'd like to see more tuners too with new features. i assumed the lack of features was a result of limitations in the car ecm. this tuner has a lot less available to change in options than the one for my 05 did. ive been told that was due to the tuners being locked down on the new cars due to the cyl 8 failure issue.
Originally Posted by fdjizm
Wrong.

Wrong...
really if you look i have been on the site for like 2 months, so how the hell would i know what was talked about a year ago, i got my own list of cars didnt fit in my sig...... 69,67,72,88,91,94,98,2012

and if there is new crap in the computer that lets them see the flashes oh well, if there gonna try to void my warrenty im sure all the rubber i miss in the undercarriage after my drag races wont give them a reason at all.......

my best is 11.905 at 117MPH new england dragway oct 28, 60ft 1.785

now i just need to find a track day i can go to so i can drive this thing like its ment for

back on topic... every year tuning software gets better and better, these guys had some great ideas to use....... i cant wait for a 2 step to improve my consitancy

Last edited by Resolution78; 11/1/11 at 04:31 PM.