Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Up in Utah, counting down....

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/12, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up in Utah, counting down....

My wife and I arrived in SLC about 3 hours ago and couldn't be more excited to countdown until Tuesday. We are staying in the Radisson downtown and have a great view of the mountains. It's also right across the street from the Jazz's arena, so we might try and catch a game while we're in town (never been to an NBA game). But anyways, we got a nice little goodie bag from the hotel for doing Track Attack. Inside of it is a sticker of the track (a must for the car), a lanyard, lip balm and a little ad for MMP. There is also a big sign in the lobby welcoming the Boss owners. Definitely excited to be here. Sad I have to drive a rental until Tuesday, but that'll make up for it.
Old 4/21/12, 05:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
My wife and I arrived in SLC about 3 hours ago and couldn't be more excited to countdown until Tuesday. We are staying in the Radisson downtown and have a great view of the mountains. It's also right across the street from the Jazz's arena, so we might try and catch a game while we're in town (never been to an NBA game). But anyways, we got a nice little goodie bag from the hotel for doing Track Attack. Inside of it is a sticker of the track (a must for the car), a lanyard, lip balm and a little ad for MMP. There is also a big sign in the lobby welcoming the Boss owners. Definitely excited to be here. Sad I have to drive a rental until Tuesday, but that'll make up for it.
If you are in town for the weekend, Mark Wilson from Ford racing is inviting Mustang owners for a tour of the Ford paddock for the race at MMS this weekend.
Old 4/21/12, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks

If you are in town for the weekend, Mark Wilson from Ford racing is inviting Mustang owners for a tour of the Ford paddock for the race at MMS this weekend.
When is the race? Tomorrow? And what's the contact info for him?
Old 4/21/12, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

We're here, definitely looking for stuff to do. What time is the race and how would I get in contact with him to take advantage of this?
Old 4/21/12, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been thinking about staying there due the proximity of the airport and everything else. I understand the track is about 40 mins away. Not sure if I want to be closer to the track or not. My problem is I have to fly out early the next morning so the rental would definitely be easier if I stayed where you are staying. Be sure to post some pics of your stay! September cannot come fast enough.
Old 4/21/12, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Still in Texas, counting down...

The plan is to get up around 4am tomorrow morning for the first leg of the long haul to Utah. Map says about 1280 miles. Mercy. Don't worry, I'm going to split it into two days. I'm also at the Radisson. Not likely to see anyone until the dinner, though.

The race is next weekend and I will definitely be taking Mark up on his offer!

Okay boys, I got a trunk full of Coors and I'm westbound and DOWN!

Jimmy
Old 4/21/12, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy Pribble
Still in Texas, counting down...

The plan is to get up around 4am tomorrow morning for the first leg of the long haul to Utah. Map says about 1280 miles. Mercy. Don't worry, I'm going to split it into two days. I'm also at the Radisson. Not likely to see anyone until the dinner, though.

The race is next weekend and I will definitely be taking Mark up on his offer!

Okay boys, I got a trunk full of Coors and I'm westbound and DOWN!

Jimmy
Ahh no race tomorrow....boo! I suppose that will make the wife happy.
Old 4/21/12, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

The Radisson is 30 min. away not 40.
Old 4/21/12, 06:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
I have been thinking about staying there due the proximity of the airport and everything else. I understand the track is about 40 mins away. Not sure if I want to be closer to the track or not. My problem is I have to fly out early the next morning so the rental would definitely be easier if I stayed where you are staying. Be sure to post some pics of your stay! September cannot come fast enough.
You have to drive out there one way or another. It's an easy drive.

Sean you'll have a great time. Enjoy your visit to SLC. Drive up to Park City for lunch tomorrow if you don't have plans.
Old 4/21/12, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that's what we're going to do, check out all the Olympic stuff and grab some lunch in the mountains. Don't get those in Fl, so I think we'll take advantage! Too bad the rental isn't the car I'd like to be driving on a road that actually has some curves and elevation change.
Old 4/21/12, 11:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Will be staying there in about 3 weeks..
Old 4/22/12, 12:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I grew up in SLC, it's good to see other people head there from out of town. Did you wind your watch back 20 years?
Old 4/22/12, 03:19 AM
GT Member

Walking out the door. I'll be there tomorrow. Cheers!
Old 4/22/12, 06:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I think that's what we're going to do, check out all the Olympic stuff and grab some lunch in the mountains. Don't get those in Fl, so I think we'll take advantage! Too bad the rental isn't the car I'd like to be driving on a road that actually has some curves and elevation change.
Any convertibles available? I was hoping to rent one to take in the scenery.
Old 4/22/12, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
I stayed at the Hampton inn in Tooele, about 5 minutes from the track for two days and then drove to the airport area and got a room for the last night for my flight in the morning.
Old 4/22/12, 02:38 PM
FR500 Member

We're here, definitely looking for stuff to do. What time is the race and how would I get in contact with him to take advantage of this?
Wow. Sorry about that. I guess I'm just anxious to get there myself. :-P Hope you're otherwise enjoying your time there.
Old 4/22/12, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bolecailey
I stayed at the Hampton inn in Tooele, about 5 minutes from the track for two days and then drove to the airport area and got a room for the last night for my flight in the morning.
That may be the way to go. I never thought about like that.
Old 4/22/12, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
World Challenge schedule

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/season.php?y=2012

For anyone going to be there on the 27th

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...orts-park-428/
Old 4/22/12, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Someone showed up at the Radisson today in a RR/B with Cali plates around 4-5 local time. I think I'll meet them tomorrow night.
Old 4/23/12, 02:38 PM
GT Member

I'm here! The scenery and roads along the drive were stunning. Driving here was absolutely the right choice. It took about 23 hours - 16.5 yesterday and 6.5 today. I have enough time to rest a little, clean up, and maybe find a car wash before dinner.

I guess I got confused and I'm not at the Radisson after all. I'm at the new host hotel, which is the Hyatt Place near the airport. No TMS mates, nor any sign of a goody bag, but the room is SWANK. 42" LG HDTV FTW!

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Up in Utah, counting down....