Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Track Rats.....what traction control setting do you drive in?

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/11, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Rats.....what traction control setting do you drive in?

For all you track rats. On the track what traction control setting do you drive in? Also which is the most limiting setting and which is the most free (nanny to no nanny)? Thanks

traction control off

advance trac on

advance trac off
Old 8/4/11, 10:28 PM
FR500 Member

Sport mode to start. Maybe much later I'll get rid of all the nannies.
Old 8/5/11, 12:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by adam81
For all you track rats. On the track what traction control setting do you drive in? Also which is the most limiting setting and which is the most free (nanny to no nanny)? Thanks

traction control off

advance trac on

advance trac off
There are three settings, besides normal

Traction Control off - 1 tap no need to apply brake. This is for when you are stuck in the snow or drag racing not really a road course setting.

Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control off - hold the button while on the brake for 5 seconds

and

Sport Mode - tap twice while on the brake. Until you know the car well (very well) use sport mode. Turning it off is for the advanced guys and people that can run to the dealer and buy another after one track day.
Old 8/5/11, 12:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
There are three settings, besides normal

Traction Control off - 1 tap no need to apply brake. This is for when you are stuck in the snow or drag racing not really a road course setting.

Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control off - hold the button while on the brake for 5 seconds

and

Sport Mode - tap twice while on the brake. Until you know the car well (very well) use sport mode. Turning it off is for the advanced guys and people that can run to the dealer and buy another after one track day.
+1
I have enough to handle with factory settings that keep my **** firmly planted on the roadway. Took my BMW 550 neighbor for a short trip to the pizza joint tonight and he was very impressed with the grab +ss stability of the car going around corners at full tilt. I'm not taking stab control off. The car hits the rev limiter faster than my reactions at this point. Go'in to MMSP this month.
Old 8/5/11, 12:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
+1
I have enough to handle with factory settings that keep my **** firmly planted on the roadway. Took my BMW 550 neighbor for a short trip to the pizza joint tonight and he was very impressed with the grab +ss stability of the car going around corners at full tilt. I'm not taking stab control off. The car hits the rev limiter faster than my reactions at this point. Go'in to MMSP this month.
There you go from a guy that use to go Mach 2

I like sport mode because it is easier on the brakes and recommended for the track. It is not a bad idea just leave it all on the first couple of sessions if you have never tracked before.
Old 8/5/11, 06:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I ran at PPIR with everything off. The car is very well balanced and rewards smooth inputs. No issues. I may try Sport Mode today just to see what it does and how it does it, but will likely spend all of my time with it all turned off.
Old 8/5/11, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first thing I do whether on the street or track is brake pedal down, hold traction control button for 5 seconds until it says "Advance Trac Off". It's especially an issue on track because it seems if you don't shut it off, not only does TCS intervene, but ABS seems more active. I wish it was just a one touch button like the GT500.
Old 8/5/11, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

It's well-known that Traction Control will not allow you to run flat out.
Old 8/5/11, 09:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Everything OFF for the track.
Old 8/5/11, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

If you're new to the track, use Sport mode for a while, then experiment with everything off.
If you leave all the nannies on, you'll wear out your rear brake pads quick since it will be applying rear brake if it senses too much yaw. Sport mode entervenes later. Shut it off, and its all you!
Since I've got 4 days of track life under my belt w/ my GT, I'll use Sport in the Boss for a while.
Old 8/5/11, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you're new to the track, I'd leave everything on for one session, then go to sport.

You can certainly spin the car in sport mode if you make an inexperienced move, but it has great control but allows you to drive the car fairly fast.

Once you've got a hold on the car's handling at the limit, I'd turn it off
Old 8/5/11, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

i messed around and forgot to put the car in sport mode one session at my track day and realized it after nearly 20 minutes of running hard. i said something to my instructor and he said "Really! i didn't feel it ever kick in." We were running pretty hard for a noob too. That said, the autox i took the car too right after getting it i over drove the track and had normal TCS on and all the sliding faded the brakes. i normally use sport now it lets you get pretty wild before it steps in.
Old 8/5/11, 09:43 PM
Cobra R Member

I hadn't realized there was a sport option. Been running "off" and playing safely within the car's and my own limits. This is a great way to dial up my own closer to the cars level without feeling I'm going to stuff it. Thanks.
Old 8/5/11, 10:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LateApex
It's well-known that Traction Control will not allow you to run flat out.
Nice!
Old 8/6/11, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a three day track weekend with tomorrow being the final day. More to follow when the weekend is all over...

I ran with the sport mode on yesterday and with everything off today. You can definitely hang it out there a lot more with everything off. The car handles very nicely and rotates beautifully. I am running with the PCA and these guys can't get over what this car can do...... It has actually been very fun to run with them.