Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Track Key and Custom TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/12, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, @ this point I would just like the frickin' lopey idle seen on those "Prtototype / pre-production" B2's that we were all lead to believe we were going to get.

I was sold on the track key for the lumpy idle, trac control adjustment, launch control, etc - not an expected mass increase in performance but a massaged (yet gimmicky) / fun extra to the car.

Overall, still fun, but the lopey / lumpy idle even w/ discs out - BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Interesting how the MMP cars got the right TK tune....

-Rod
Old 4/12/12, 09:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by soltic
Personally, @ this point I would just like the frickin' lopey idle seen on those "Prtototype / pre-production" B2's that we were all lead to believe we were going to get.

I was sold on the track key for the lumpy idle, trac control adjustment, launch control, etc - not an expected mass increase in performance but a massaged (yet gimmicky) / fun extra to the car.

Overall, still fun, but the lopey / lumpy idle even w/ discs out - BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Interesting how the MMP cars got the right TK tune....

-Rod
When did you install TK? It's been known since TK was released in early November 2011 that the idle didn't match the prototype video. The BTA cars have the same tune that's for sale and have had that tune all along including when I attended on August 31st.
Old 4/12/12, 11:53 AM

Sorry, I can't find the thread(s) where someone was mentioning the MMP cars definitely didn't have the same TK idle, but I did come across a few of urs stating u think they are the same..... I don't have the time to fish other sites I could've read that on.

I installed over a mos ago, car purchased in Dec.

After owning a '69 for over 15 yrs & technically owning a very "infamous" 70 race car for a vary short period of time (not short enough) I never thought I'd buy another Mustang.

Until I saw a pic of 1 on show on a rotisserie, & realized it was more than just a graphics package & some gimmicks of the likes that have been repeated so many times since the 60's.

Great stuff, haven't tracked it yet, it needs more work...

Back to my opinion.

Whether it was November or whenever when Mustang communities found out about the lack / modification of the idle, the only stuff to be found well into Nov on youtube was the pre-production / mules displaying lumpy idle NOT like the likes we ended up w/.

So by not cruising a forum for a car I didn't own yet didn't help me until I got the key & dug iinto the forums...

So as I said, if someone were to put something back into the TK tune, it would be a frickin' lumpy idle.

-Rod
Old 4/12/12, 01:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Sorry, I can't find the thread(s) where someone was mentioning the MMP cars definitely didn't have the same TK idle, but I did come across a few of urs stating u think they are the same..... I don't have the time to fish other sites I could've read that on.
You won't find it because it's not true. It's been confirmed they are the same. Have you been to BTA and driven the cars there?

So by not cruising a forum for a car I didn't own yet didn't help me until I got the key & dug iinto the forums...

-Rod
Obviously especially since this information is out there in spades. Most people do research BEFORE they make a major purchase. It's been know it wasn't a cosmetic makeover since the reviews starting in late February 2011 after the Boss media day.

I'm just surprised that someone at this point in time would be surprised that the lopey idle didn't match the prototype video and make statements about what's on the BTA cars with no personal experience. Regardless they are incredible cars and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Old 4/12/12, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
You won't find it because it's not true. It's been confirmed they are the same. Have you been to BTA and driven the cars there?

Obviously especially since this information is out there in spades. Most people do research BEFORE they make a major purchase. It's been know it wasn't a cosmetic makeover since the reviews starting in late February 2011 after the Boss media day.

I'm just surprised that someone at this point in time would be surprised that the lopey idle didn't match the prototype video and make statements about what's on the BTA cars with no personal experience. Regardless they are incredible cars and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
I totally agree. There has been more news shed regarding that one subject than you can stand. I have heard great things on the performance level with TK. If you are specifically after the lopey idle I was invest in a performance tune. There are quite a few out there that will blow you away. Hope you enjoy your boss.
Old 4/13/12, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I actually enjoy my TK tune. The lopey idle isn't what the prototype one sounded like...agreed. But with my discs out and my Roush a/bs, it definitely sounds a ton better than it did stock. It's actually perfect for me. I don't need my whole car to shake like crazy while idling. It would be sweet for a week or so, then would just get annoying. All the extra cracking and popping from enging braking with trackey in is music to my ears
Old 4/16/12, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0

I had seen the reviews and such & read about multi-exhausts & a nice motor but really didn't take it seriously.

As far as the lopey idle (or lack thereof) goes, there was little to no information floating through any dealerships that I was exposed to prior to purchasing the car in December. I'd love to know if any other Canucks who activated their TK's prior to the new year knew as well, but from the looks of it some Ontario guys have had their cars for quite some time last yr so I assume they would be on the forums & in-the-know.

Polito Ford (where I bought mine) had only sold 1 other (just so happens it was #1 in Canada) & that owner hadn't activated his TK - and still hadn't by the time I did mine only a mos ago.

Legendary Motorcar Co was bringing them in from the States & even they (in December) had little info except they thought activating the TK pretty much nullified ur warranty. They used a regular & an LS for a Dream Car Garage segment - & neither car had the TK activated.

Another local dealer to me knows so little that they told me they couldn't do the TK since they weren't an SVT dealer - I told them they didn't have to be - they never even called back. They even have a 12 for sale!

Call us Canucks a little late to most parties, but again, Ford Canada has not given us much respect for anything B2 related - higher costing, no owners packages (yet) & BTW I tried to go to MMP and pay full-dime - but Canucks are not allowed even if u want to pay!

So more or less I think what u r saying is that I should have been all over the Mustang forums prior to buying my car?

I have so many interests sometimes I think I could spend my entire days on forums w/out trying....

So yes, this did slip past me & very easily as I see it.....

-Rod

Last edited by soltic; 4/16/12 at 10:07 AM.
Old 5/11/12, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anything new on this front? I'm debating getting the Track Key but down the road might like some long tube headers and don't want the Track Key to go to waste. At the very least can I modify the standard tune while keeping the Track Key tune in place?
Old 5/11/12, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
TracKey works with longtube headers - apparently quite well: https://themustangsource.com/f813/co...esults-503167/
Old 5/11/12, 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
TracKey works with longtube headers - apparently quite well: https://themustangsource.com/f813/co...esults-503167/
Thanks for the link. So that takes care of one part. I'd still like to get a custom tune sometime down the road to get every bit of safe power out of the car. It would be nice if I could run both tunes.