2012-2013 BOSS 302

track attack

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/11, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Originally I wanted to bring my whole family. Then I realized there was nothing for them to do and they would be bored by the end of the day. Plus the dates are only on weekdays so that sealed it for me. I'm attending without my family.
I can see that weekdays may make it tough, but bored isn't an issue if you are interested in looking around. On site we have a kids play area, the kart center and the zip line in addition to the museum. Optional would be driving modified Jeeps on the largest man-made rock crawling park anywhere or driving real Baja 1000 race cars on either the short course we race the Lucas Oil vehicles on or a natural terrain park on the 1000 acres next door. Both of these are $300...quite reasonable all things considered.

Next door is a recreation center run by the county featuring a swimming pool, ball fields (name your ball) and a great moto-x track. Park City is an hour away, SLC 30 minutes.
Old 8/11/11, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Classes are small, maybe six people, nice to be going with site members
Until we get the final two cars from Ford the classes are 6 Boss drivers and any driving guests...we hold 2 Boss vehicles in reserve just in case anything happens. No one wants to come from a distance and not get to drive a Boss! By next year the classes will be 8 drivers plus guests with a 10-car fleet.
Old 8/11/11, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
Hey Bryan,
Glad to see you're up on this Forum. Looking forward to returning to MMSP for the Track Attack after we take delivery of our Boss sometime in August or September.

Cristina and I are still in awe of the offerings from the staff and facilities at MMSP. What an operation.

As you can see from the photo, Cristina's new ride is just waiting to return to Tooele.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 8/11/11, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by MJockey
Just called Miller to try and get in the October class. They said all classes were full except the November classes. If you want to go this year, better call soon.
IMPORTANT...

Just opened up new dates in October...the 10, 11 and 12 for one and two day events. Call me for details at 801.836.0123...please leave a msg or text me if I don't respond. It's 3:30 am here and I won't be answering the phone if a east coaster reads this in a couple hours!

Old 8/11/11, 03:46 AM

One more thing...I live an hour from MMP and work from home a lot...the only day I am (almost) always at the track is Tuesdays. If you want to insure we meet up just drop me a note a few weeks prior to your event date so I can plan to be there. No guarantees as they have us traveling a bit, but I'd enjoy meeting anyone whose dates allow for it.
Old 8/11/11, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Experienced Trackers

Experienced Trackers, have you had any luck lobbying Ford/MMP to offer an "Advanced" Track Attack day?

Last edited by Bossdog; 8/12/11 at 08:57 AM.
Old 8/12/11, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boss Bry @ MMP
IMPORTANT...

Just opened up new dates in October...the 10, 11 and 12 for one and two day events. Call me for details at 801.836.0123...please leave a msg or text me if I don't respond. It's 3:30 am here and I won't be answering the phone if a east coaster reads this in a couple hours!

I'm booked for Oct 12th. If anyone is going that day and is interested in splitting rental car cost. PM me.
Old 8/12/11, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bossdog
Experienced Trackers, have you had any luck lobbying Ford/MMP to offer an "Advanced" Track Attack day?
This is what the 2nd day is all about. There is a reason we fly in instructors like Cindi Lux (12-time Champion), Gunnar Jeannette (ALMS driver), Joe Foster (Patrick Dempsey's teammate in Grand Am), Melanie Snow (won the 12 hours of Sebring in class) and others...these aren't local club guys teaching you, they are the real deal. If you're fast they will help you go faster, if you are leagues apart from the group they will get you the attention you need to advance. No one has ever left MMP saying they couldn't reach their personal maximum.

Talk to others here who attend the 2nd day and see if they came home impressed.
Old 8/12/11, 02:06 PM
FR500 Member

The ability to manage the contact patches, having correct vision and becoming smooth is something that doesn't come quickly, and is far more difficult than it appears. Speed isn't taught...it's the byproduct of mastering the three things above.
Exactly!! This is where I would love to spend my time. I am already proficient in heel and toe, and I already understand lines through a corner. So much of the classroom time and some of the driving time would be redundant. I was encouraged to read that the instructors were discussing various possible lines through the corners during the track walk.

Speaking for myself, I spent a lot of time at one track, while working for a driving school. What I don't have much experience with is reading a track from scratch. I would love to know the details of the thought process(es) of the people who can become fast on a track with relatively few laps. Instead of being shown the lines I would love to be challenged to work it out for myself. How to pick apart the corner combinations to find the best compromise in lines? How do to find the best balance between carrying speed into a corner and being able to accelerate out of it? Being able to practice holding the balance of the car from braking to corner entry, etc. etc.

I read elsewhere that there is a one year window from the time we take delivery for us to take the school. Can you confirm if this is true? What about the folks who took delivery months before the school was available?

Thanks again for taking the time to feed us all this info.
Old 8/13/11, 05:09 PM

I've also heard Ford allows a year to go by for each owner, but only from Boss applicants...I've not seen that in print anywhere. We have at least two more years of BTA...so there is room, for most anyone. I can't imagine Ford penalizing any early buyer just because the program launched later than anticipated...but please refer to the directives from Ford on the Track Attack website for any details rather than trusting anyone on the forums or even from MMP...Ford created the Track Attack site to keep all pertinent info centralized.

Last edited by Boss Bry @ MMP; 8/13/11 at 05:10 PM.
Old 8/13/11, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is what the 2nd day is all about. There is a reason we fly in instructors like Cindi Lux (12-time Champion), Gunnar Jeannette (ALMS driver), Joe Foster (Patrick Dempsey's teammate in Grand Am), Melanie Snow (won the 12 hours of Sebring in class) and others...these aren't local club guys teaching you, they are the real deal. If you're fast they will help you go faster, if you are leagues apart from the group they will get you the attention you need to advance. No one has ever left MMP saying they couldn't reach their personal maximum.

Talk to others here who attend the 2nd day and see if they came home impressed.
This is great information. I have not registered yet as I was afraid I'd be entering a novice-style HPDE environment. I will definitely register once I return from vacation the week after next.
Old 8/14/11, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I've also heard Ford allows a year to go by for each owner, but only from Boss applicants...I've not seen that in print anywhere. We have at least two more years of BTA...so there is room, for most anyone. I can't imagine Ford penalizing any early buyer just because the program launched later than anticipated...but please refer to the directives from Ford on the Track Attack website for any details rather than trusting anyone on the forums or even from MMP...Ford created the Track Attack site to keep all pertinent info centralized.
What about military who could be gone for more than half of that first year they own the car? I should have an opportunity at some point to make it up there but between now and the end of the year isn't looking good, so hopefully early next year but I don't know when the track would open up and I'm back on deployment in the spring.
Old 8/14/11, 08:54 AM
GT Member

I tried to pin down dates early in the year, I have to put in for vacation early for the whole year. I received my Boss in March. I'm going to have to wait untill next year. I hope they get the dates set up early in year for next year.
Old 8/14/11, 03:17 PM

Take solace in one thing guys...we only make $$$ when cars are circling our tracks. The Boss program is already a sell out and we have mid-November forward when more Boss owners will take delivery without another outlet for processing them for Track Attack. I anticipate Boss will resume in March...and I'll let you guys know when the schedule is released. We'll be filling these schools over the winter and I don't see anyone missing out who earned the right to be there.

In the meantime enjoy your ownership, keep 'em looking great and consider who else wants to come drive with you...these are the opportunities that are meant to be shared.
Old 8/14/11, 07:24 PM
V6 Member

Miller Motorsport

I did not write a review since Warren did such a nice day, let me just say that it was a awsome experiance, and thank you so much to Ford and the entire staff at Miller, a great experiance, anyone that thinks they cannot learn from these people probably cant with a closed mind, anyone who does not take advantage of this opportunity is robbing themselves, I am not a road racer, so I learned a tremendous amount, can't remember the last time I had this much fun, I took the second day in a mustang GT and can tell you these cars are not lacking anything in the fun dept, by the end of the second day I was so much faster than when I started that I was very pleased, it is a very mental sport, I can't say enough about the staff there, and their abilities, a very first class deal, My personal thanks to Cindi, Charles,Dan, and James, you guys were awsome, thank you so much, I will be back for more
Bill
Old 8/15/11, 07:14 AM
GT Member

Boss Bry, thanks for your input. I look forward to being there next year. Sounds like alot of fun.
Old 8/15/11, 12:02 PM

Add to the Kudos

I'll add my enthusiastic kudos for the Boss Track Attack program as well as the Miller Motorsports Park instructor staff. IMO, the two-day program is the only way to go. I would find it hard to believe that anyone attending the two-day program would depart without experiencing a significant improvement in their driving skills. Bottom line, the instructor cadre as well as the facilities and immaculately prepared Mustangs are, in a word, superb. Cheers, Scott
Old 8/16/11, 10:22 PM

As most of you know the 2011 classes are closed...mass enthusiasm filled them as fast as we could create them. I expect similar reaction when the 2012 dates are announced. For those who need early opportunity to know the next dates please send me a PM with your real name, phone and email so I can move quickly with another mass email and get you in the system soon as possible. One other thing I could do is fill out a form for those with super-flexible schedules...if you know you can come anytime in April and want to reserve a spot for example...I can take down all your info and just inform you later what day you are coming.

Let me know how I can help...it will be a ton of fun getting everyone out here!
Old 8/17/11, 01:27 AM

I sure hope the one year limit from Ford for the track attack program is not true. I picked mine up April the 2nd and have not been yet. I wanted to go this year but all the dates are full, so my next chance won't be until late April or May of next year. If anyone finds out for sure about the one year restricted time frame please let me know so I rearrange things and try to get in one of the first classes in the spring.
Old 8/17/11, 06:22 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 1BadBoss
I sure hope the one year limit from Ford for the track attack program is not true. I picked mine up April the 2nd and have not been yet. I wanted to go this year but all the dates are full, so my next chance won't be until late April or May of next year. If anyone finds out for sure about the one year restricted time frame please let me know so I rearrange things and try to get in one of the first classes in the spring.
I doubt this will be a problem. Worst case will be one year from the program start in Ausust 2011.

Quick Reply: track attack