Old 7/19/11, 02:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going for 2 in september or october
Old 7/19/11, 05:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Fiddlesticks.

None of these dates work for me. I'm hoping they have more offerings in late 2011 or early 2012.

They almost have to- I bet a decent number of Q4 builds won't even be delivered by 11/18.
Old 7/19/11, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Did you guys notice that you are assuming liability for any and all damage you do to the car? A little further checking and I found that this liability includes mechanical as well as body damage. The $50 a day waiver limits you liability to $5,000.00. Ouch!
Old 7/19/11, 09:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Did you guys notice that you are assuming liability for any and all damage you do to the car? A little further checking and I found that this liability includes mechanical as well as body damage. The $50 a day waiver limits you liability to $5,000.00. Ouch!
Isnt' that standard for any driving school? Seems to me I've dealt with that before at Skip Barber but I don't remember the specifics. Anyway as long as you don't do anything stupid you'll be fine. I'd rather thrash their car and pay for it than my car and pay for it.
Old 7/19/11, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Isnt' that standard for any driving school? Seems to me I've dealt with that before at Skip Barber but I don't remember the specifics. Anyway as long as you don't do anything stupid you'll be fine. I'd rather thrash their car and pay for it than my car and pay for it.
I have been to a couple. Richard Petty and Skip Barber and don't recall anything. Maybe it was just 'rolled' into the price I paid and I just didn't notice? I think that I will get a policy to cover the $5,000.00 as well as paying the $50.00. Checked with my insurance agent and he says it would cost me $100.00. Not having to worry about it makes it a lot more fun. If I roll it, it's paid for!!
Old 7/19/11, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

skippy definitely does it...

just finished my 2-day advanced racing school there...you're on the hook for damage unless you buy it down with one of their insurance policies....their formula cars are also designed with things like breakaway bolts and plates at key areas to limit the amount of damage.

$50 a day sounds like cheap insurance to me.
Old 7/19/11, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
honestly, that sounds like a day full of angst. the classroom session is going to be a banal discussion of understeer vs oversteer and talking about finding apexes. 'lead and follow' exercises translates to you behind kept behind and instructor 'pace car' going 1/2 speed around the track. yawn. riding shotgun in the final session has zero appeal to me. really, travel to SLC to ride shotgun. boooo.
I prefer to drive flat-out.
Old 7/19/11, 03:12 PM
GT Member

I'm registered for the first day, Aug 8th. I met some of the MMP guys at the Barrett Jackson auction in Orange County, CA last month, where they were giving rides in their FR500S on a short course in the parking lot (after test-driving a factory Ford car). Didn't really get much out of the ride, except learning how strong the brakes are on that car...

I talked to the salesman yesterday, and he said they have all their Bosses now (I think there are 9) and were having roll cages getting installed.

Anybody else planning on going on Aug 8th?
Old 7/19/11, 03:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PITT BOSS
Old 7/19/11, 03:59 PM
V6 Member

track attack

Originally Posted by SoCalBoss
I'm registered for the first day, Aug 8th. I met some of the MMP guys at the Barrett Jackson auction in Orange County, CA last month, where they were giving rides in their FR500S on a short course in the parking lot (after test-driving a factory Ford car). Didn't really get much out of the ride, except learning how strong the brakes are on that car...

I talked to the salesman yesterday, and he said they have all their Bosses now (I think there are 9) and were having roll cages getting installed.

I am trying to get registered for that class, but so far have not had my call returned, dont think I will be doing the 2nd day though
Old 7/19/11, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by PITT BOSS
Is your name Gary?
Old 7/19/11, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalBoss

They have 8 with two more coming. I sent Bryan links to this thread and the one at Boss Mustangs Online and hopefully he'll join both and give us all the details and help with scheduling.
Old 7/19/11, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Is your name Gary?
He said he prefers to drive flat-out. I only drive flat-out. Subtle difference

Yea like fuhrius I wish there was an advanced school option.......
Old 7/19/11, 08:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
He said he prefers to drive flat-out. I only drive flat-out. Subtle difference

Yea like fuhrius I wish there was an advanced school option.......
I would also like an advanced school option, but I always wanted to drive/learn MMP and this sounds like a good, "inexpensive" (compared to towing a grillion miles and taking even more days off) opportunity, especially if you add a second day option. For one day only, I am not sure I would spring for the airfare.
Old 7/19/11, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I just got off the phone with Bryan from MMP. I am signed up for the October session, 2 days. MMP has 8 cars but will only use 6 at a time and keep 2 in reserve. He did not know when they would get the last 2. With 10 they will race 8. He did not expect to have the additional 2 when the school starts in August. No Trackey, MMP gets it when we get it!
I signed up for the second day, FR500S upgrade, non-driving guest, and insurance. $1700, up front, not billed when you use it, but billed to your card in full to hold your spot. I'm a novice on the track with my Boss so both days should be beneficial. With Flights and hotel, I'm looking at $2,500. Ouch! Not quite a "Free" driving lesson!
If you’re going, you better get signed up with only 6 spots in each 2-day and each 1-day. Later sessions may have 8 spots if they get the additional 2 Boss'
Old 7/19/11, 09:14 PM

Join us for Track Attack!

Hello Boss fans...the email announcement posted earlier in this thread came from me. I heard today it was posted so I thought I may as well come in and introduce myself. Been a Ford fan my entire life, currently driving a restored '79 F-250 Supercab 4x4, a '55 Crown Vic street machine and I keep a '66 GT350 that has been a vintage racer since '69 here at the track. (I drive a Porsche Cayman S as a driver...don't hold it against me...)

A certified car geek needs a car job, so I'm happily at MMP selling schools and corporate events. As most of you will see when you arrive we do everything here...Yamaha Champions Riding School, Ford Racing High Performance Driving School, karting, slickrock Jeeping school, and the latest addition...Wide Open Excursions featuring Baja 1000 race cars. Oh yeah, and a little project called Boss Track Attack!

Feel free to contact me with your needs regarding the program and share my contact info with others as needed. Ford is making this extremely affordable for the Boss owners, and the guest drivers won't have a less expensive school alternative anywhere, let alone at a facility on par with MMP. Lastly, there is a $50mm collection of Fords, Shelby's, Cobra's and GT40's...it's automotive nirvana for anyone who bleeds Ford Blue.

I look forward to hearing from y'all!
Old 7/19/11, 10:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info Bry, it sounds like fun!

Andy
Old 7/20/11, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bossdog
I signed up for the second day, FR500S upgrade, non-driving guest, and insurance. $1700, up front, not billed when you use it, but billed to your card in full to hold your spot. I'm a novice on the track with my Boss so both days should be beneficial. With Flights and hotel, I'm looking at $2,500. Ouch! Not quite a "Free" driving lesson!
Well that's a game changer.
I was hoping to sign up for the same but on this enlisted guy's salary, that ain't gonna happen. Think I'll just watch Shane's videos on YouTube and try to hit up the $150 open track days at Eagle's Canyon.

Quick Reply: track attack