2012-2013 BOSS 302

So where exactly does this sticker go?

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/11, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Is that the same Prodrive that ran the Aston Martin racing program?
Sounds like there is an affiliation there...

Ed Badillo-an ex-Ford calibrator who now does business at Pro Drive/Badillo-in conjunction with engineers from Ford. Ed also did the Aston Martin Vanquish calibration for Ford
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...t/viewall.html

Old 11/9/11, 05:27 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tob*
ON EDIT

Bam! A plethora of data can be extruded from careful analysis of the EO that CARB granted. If you scroll down and study the test results for both the silver (black) key and the red key you can see that the red key was slightly "dirtier" but that both were well within CARB/FTP standards.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-598-8.pdf

An interesting blurb from the CARB EO page for the TracKey...
Am I the only one wondering what this "replacement air filter cartridge" is about? I don't see that in the dealer instructions or anywhere else for that matter. Did I just miss it?

Originally Posted by CARB EXECUTIVE ORDER
The Ford Racing TracKey, consists of the following main components: An ECM reflash tool, replacement air filter cartridge, and a new ignition key.
Old 11/9/11, 05:45 AM
Bullitt Member

No. And if FRPP or Ford (or Badillo for that matter) can't answer that question a phone call to CARB may get an answer. I'd have hoped somebody from FRPP could explain it but it would seem most are staying away from most anything TracKey within internet forums.

Mark, if you see this can you elaborate on it?
Old 11/9/11, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Mark has been invited several times to elaborate on TK issues.

For some unknown reason, he has yet to engage. Wonder why?
Old 11/9/11, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I trust and respect Mark quite a bit. I don't know if its corporate mandate in this case or any other number of reasons why he may not have been able to respond to TracKey inquiries to date. Sure would be nice if someone in a position to respond - would. There are no doubt members of the group responsible for bringing TracKey to fruition monitoring public reaction. Hopefully they'll be granted the opportunity to speak publicly about it - even if it has to be via another FRPP YouTube clip...
Old 11/9/11, 08:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I trust and respect Mark quite a bit. I don't know if its corporate mandate in this case or any other number of reasons why he may not have been able to respond to TracKey inquiries to date. Sure would be nice if someone in a position to respond - would. There are no doubt members of the group responsible for bringing TracKey to fruition monitoring public reaction. Hopefully they'll be granted the opportunity to speak publicly about it - even if it has to be via another FRPP YouTube clip...
I'm sure Mark or anyone from Ford would respond if they could. I'd bet the quote below came from Ford Racing...

"Hey awesome members!

The following info should answer some of your questions. I did some digging and this is what I found from FRPP and the TracKey:

1) Lopey idle is significantly more pronounced with the side exhaust plates completely removed. It is also more pronounced with the A/C off. Combustion stability increases with increasing engine load, so anything that increases engine load (such as A/C) will decrease the "lopeyness" of the idle, which is created by increasing cam overlap at idle to simulate the "racing cam" sound and feel of 60's muscle cars. This is purely the physics of the way internal combustion engines work.

2) One of the videos in circulation shows a prototype level of TracKey software that was not emissions legal. No claim was made as to that being the final product. The level of cam overlap was slightly reduced to pass emissions. We worked very hard to meet emissions regulations and provide the industry-first lopey idle feature, and we feel we've reached the optimal solution that satisfies both criteria.

Please continue to enjoy your Bosses!!! Have a good one!

Deysha "
Old 11/9/11, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Rick, I agree with you here.
It looks technically specific and calculated in guidance.
Old 11/9/11, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Yup - that one was written by somebody not in customer service. Glad the cat is finally out of the bag...
Old 11/9/11, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Steve for posting a shot of the sticker. I had wondered if FRPP had come up with something better. I was disappointed with the sticker I was provided for the EO on my Whipple kit...

I thought they would have cleaned up the sticker for the TracKey but it looks as unorganized as mine was. For something that will be placed in a prominent location, FRPP could have at least centered the text and used a more aesthetically pleasing typeface.

I believe the (TracKey) CARB sticker's reference to Badillo Engineering has to do with Ed Badillo, an ex Ford calibrator. My understanding is that he does business through Prodrive/Badillo (http://www.prodrive.com/). I see they show an address in Dearborn (http://www.streetperformance.com/par...e-badillo.html).

http://my.sema.org/organizations/profile/view/id/16691

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...60-post13.html

I'm sure if you pry hard enough, you'll get some answers from them regarding the TracKey.

ON EDIT

Bam! A plethora of data can be extruded from careful analysis of the EO that CARB granted. If you scroll down and study the test results for both the silver (black) key and the red key you can see that the red key was slightly "dirtier" but that both were well within CARB/FTP standards.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-598-8.pdf

An interesting blurb from the CARB EO page for the TracKey...

What air filter cartridge are the talking about?
Old 11/9/11, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Read the last link I provided, the CARB EO pdf. It's all there.
Old 11/9/11, 01:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LMAO @ envelope size
Old 11/9/11, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
LMAO @ envelope size
In that case, you'd love the box mine came in. I thought it was the pair of DBA 5000 rings I ordered until I lifted it
Old 11/10/11, 07:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
So where exactly does this sticker go?
Originally Posted by phiggs54
So do we apply the sticker whn we use the red key and take it off when using the black key?
Hi Fenderaddict2 and phiggs54,

I found the instructions for the sticker under the “dealer instructions” on http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/. Here is what it states:
39) Advise customer that a self-adhesive EO label will be shipped to their address. Once it arrives they are to install it under-hood on the driver's side shock tower. Failure to display this label in a prominent place can result in state vehicle emissions test issues, depending on the state of residence of the customer. Also remind customer that use of the TracKey requires premium (91 or higher octane) fuel.

Originally Posted by twawsico
Am I the only one wondering what this "replacement air filter cartridge" is about? I don't see that in the dealer instructions or anywhere else for that matter. Did I just miss it?
No, it does not come with a replacement air filter cartridge, twawsico. FRPP frequently pursues Executive Orders for kits that include parts that they do not provide, to allow them flexibility in the future. Customers should be getting their info about FRPP parts from their website www.FordRacingParts.com, and not the CARB website which is not intended for viewing by retail customers.

Should you guys wish to purchase an air filter from FRPP, the part number is M-9601-MGT, but it's not part of the TracKey package.

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I'm sure Mark or anyone from Ford would respond if they could. I'd bet the quote below came from Ford Racing...

"Hey awesome members!

The following info should answer some of your questions. I did some digging and this is what I found from FRPP and the TracKey:
Yup - that one was written by somebody not in customer service.
It sure did, guys! As I've stated before, I want you guys to have the correct answer to all of your questions, so I have to get it from "The Source".

Deysha
Old 11/10/11, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha would not put her name to something unless she stood behind it.

Another Oo-rah for Deysha!
Old 11/10/11, 02:29 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
Deysha would not put her name to something unless she stood behind it.

Another Oo-rah for Deysha!
Woot Woot! Thanks, TheDarkSide!

Deysha
Old 11/11/11, 07:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Name:  image-1499944712.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  22.3 KB
Old 11/13/11, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Better?

Old 11/13/11, 05:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Better?
Yep.
Old 11/13/11, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

You can print it on adhesive backed paper or laminate it and use two sided tape from 3M. I got everything from Officemax. Worked well for mine.

The following users liked this post:
cholmes1 (6/8/22)
Old 2/10/12, 09:47 AM

Not a lot of room for EO stickers... Why not the underside of the hood???

Quick Reply: So where exactly does this sticker go?