2012-2013 BOSS 302

So where exactly does this sticker go?

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/11, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And why such a large envelope? Didn't that offset all of CARBs hard work? And who is Badillo Engineering? Can I get them to tune my tune?

So many questions...
Old 11/8/11, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Where the heck are the pics? Do I have to imagine this envelope? Come on. lol
Old 11/8/11, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I got a 15" x 15" x 6" high box. Inside it was a 3" x 3" x 1" high box. Inside that was a sticker
Old 11/8/11, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cloud9
I got a 15" x 15" x 6" high box. Inside it was a 3" x 3" x 1" high box. Inside that was a sticker
Old 11/8/11, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seems like a lot of hype for such a small product sorry couldn't resist that was too easy.

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
And why such a large envelope? Didn't that offset all of CARBs hard work?
Back to CARB. I sure they can find a place to stick it, again too easy. Too bad Big Vito is not here anymore, it is tough doin this alone.

UPS guy asked me "Scott since when do you have me delivering envelopes?" Yea he knows me by name

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 11/8/11 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11/8/11, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Can somebody scan/post the EO sticker or take a clear shot of it squared up?
Old 11/8/11, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss

Seems like a lot of hype for such a small product sorry couldn't resist that was too easy.

Back to CARB. I sure they can find a place to stick it, again too easy. Too bad Big Vito is not here anymore, it is tough doin this alone.

UPS guy asked me "Scott since when do you have me delivering envelopes?" Yea he knows be by name
Yeah, your name is on the package. lol
Old 11/8/11, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Yeah, your name is on the package. lol
That's just a reminder I'm sure. I remember the UPS guy from the 80's in my parents neighborhood. Hell he was like Santa. Turns out this many years later he lives about 3 miles from me and comes over on my Ford Truck wrenchin' and BBQ days. (last time we had about 15 Ford Trucks over from as far away as Oregon and Arizona...) I recognized him right away when he came by.

And for those who made it this far and to complete the attempted thread hijack, here's his Ford Fire Truck in action in front of "Original Joe's" in downtown San Jose back in the day. Also his truck today, with a FORD Cummins diesel out of a box truck under the hood.

Some pics from the GTG's. Gonna have to have some Mustangs over at some point!

Old 11/8/11, 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fat Boss

That's just a reminder I'm sure. I remember the UPS guy from the 80's in my parents neighborhood. Hell he was like Santa. Turns out this many years later he lives about 3 miles from me and comes over on my Ford Truck wrenchin' and BBQ days. (last time we had about 15 Ford Trucks over from as far away as Oregon and Arizona...) I recognized him right away when he came by.

And for those who made it this far and to complete the attempted thread hijack, here's his Ford Fire Truck in action in front of "Original Joe's" in downtown San Jose back in the day. Also his truck today, with a FORD Cummins diesel out of a box truck under the hood.

Some pics from the GTG's. Gonna have to have some Mustangs over at some point!
It really depends if they're a daily.
Old 11/8/11, 08:19 PM
FR500 Member

You opened the inner box!?!?!!??!
You let the magic TracKey California air out! No lope for you!

Last edited by PTRocks; 11/8/11 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11/8/11, 08:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts

I assume that's the UPS guy on the left, since hes the only one wearing shorts.
Old 11/8/11, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I assume that's the UPS guy on the left, since hes the only one wearing shorts.
A lot of the old timers don't rock the shorts, they wear pants all year long. :crazy:
Old 11/8/11, 08:31 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Standard issue UPS "hot pants".
Old 11/8/11, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Standard issue UPS "hot pants".
Hahaha yep that's him. Of course he's rockin' the shorts!
Old 11/8/11, 08:39 PM
Cobra R Member

The sticker and it's envelope.
Attached Images   
Old 11/8/11, 08:40 PM
Banned

Hahahahahaha that is hilarious. I laughed out loud. Thnx
Old 11/8/11, 08:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hahaha yep that's him. Of course he's rockin' the shorts!
Holy ****, I was just taking a jab at Joe, that it turned out to be true is ****ing hilarious.
Old 11/8/11, 09:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
So do we apply the sticker whn we use the red key and take it off when using the black key?
I want to be sure I am CARB compliant so I dont kill one of Gary's polar bears
Old 11/8/11, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

And who is Badillo Engineering? Can I get them to tune my tune?
Thanks Steve for posting a shot of the sticker. I had wondered if FRPP had come up with something better. I was disappointed with the sticker I was provided for the EO on my Whipple kit...

I thought they would have cleaned up the sticker for the TracKey but it looks as unorganized as mine was. For something that will be placed in a prominent location, FRPP could have at least centered the text and used a more aesthetically pleasing typeface.

I believe the (TracKey) CARB sticker's reference to Badillo Engineering has to do with Ed Badillo, an ex Ford calibrator. My understanding is that he does business through Prodrive/Badillo (http://www.prodrive.com/). I see they show an address in Dearborn (http://www.streetperformance.com/par...e-badillo.html).

http://my.sema.org/organizations/profile/view/id/16691

Prodrive is an OEM racing development consultant and motorsport powerhouse in europe. They are one of 4 companies that are certified by SEMA and Ford to be competent enough to modify the Ford calibrations for performance parts. The other three are Roush, Saleen, and one other that escapes me. The tuning is the most COMPLETE program done. The software and hardware of other aftermarket solutions DO NOT have access to all maps and strategies. There are numerous strategies employed that monitors the vehicles performance and adjusts power output accordingly if it goes out of spec to reduce engine damage and premature failure of catalytic converters and other expensive parts.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...60-post13.html

I'm sure if you pry hard enough, you'll get some answers from them regarding the TracKey.

ON EDIT

Bam! A plethora of data can be extruded from careful analysis of the EO that CARB granted. If you scroll down and study the test results for both the silver (black) key and the red key you can see that the red key was slightly "dirtier" but that both were well within CARB/FTP standards.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-598-8.pdf

An interesting blurb from the CARB EO page for the TracKey...

The Ford Racing TracKey is designed to enhance the sound and feel of the 5.0L engine. No changes are made to the vehicle’s stock maximum horsepower level, and there are no user adjustments.

Last edited by Tob*; 11/9/11 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11/8/11, 10:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Tob*
Thanks Steve for posting a shot of the sticker. I had wondered if FRPP had come up with something better. I was disappointed with the sticker I was provided for the EO on my Whipple kit...

I thought they would have cleaned up the sticker for the TracKey but it looks as unorganized as mine was. For something that will be placed in a prominent location, FRPP could have at least centered the text and used a more aesthetic appearing typeface.

I believe the (TracKey) CARB sticker's reference to Badillo Engineering has to do with Ed Badillo, an ex Ford calibrator. My understanding is that he does business through Prodrive/Badillo (http://www.prodrive.com/). I see they show an address in Dearborn (http://www.streetperformance.com/par...e-badillo.html).

http://my.sema.org/organizations/profile/view/id/16691

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...60-post13.html

Looks like FRPP has used Badillo a few times in the past for consulting work and for direct involvement in aftermarket parts/packages. I see Badillo's name used for a number of CARB certs, for example.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-598-2.pdf

I'm sure if you pry hard enough, you'll get some answers from them regarding the TracKey.

ON EDIT

Bam! A plethora of data can be extruded from careful analysis of the EO that CARB granted...

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-598-8.pdf

Is that the same Prodrive that ran the Aston Martin racing program?

Quick Reply: So where exactly does this sticker go?