Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Sneak Peak - Steeda BOSS 302 specific cold air system

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/11, 08:25 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gus, what's the scoop on the oil separator? Is that a Steeda product? If so do you have a link?

Old 10/21/11, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Maybe some want to start with a car with the forged motor and great suspension.

You act like this car is the best thing since the invention of electricity. I'll bet you the '69 - '70 Boss were modded as well. I don't believe every single one was kept bone stock.

My car will stay on stock tune or track Key tune only.. but that's me.

but the real question is.... WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO DO TO THEIR CAR!!!! Your over the top with this crap
this is why OEM distributors on the 69-70 cars are outrageously expensive.
Old 10/21/11, 08:33 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Gus, what's the scoop on the oil separator? Is that a Steeda product? If so do you have a link?

Here ya go

http://www.steeda.com/store/mustang-oil-separator.html
Old 10/21/11, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Beat me to it.....
Old 10/21/11, 01:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Beat me to it.....
Does the kit include the hoses?
Old 10/21/11, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

The reason we have what we have today (and all the models along the way), is because people modded their cars for higher performance. The manufacturers saw this and then began offering their own versions of what they thought the buying public wanted. This goes as far back as the late '40's and especially the early '50's during the "Hot Rod" era originating in California and spreading to the east coast later on. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it did have a strong appeal whether it was a fast looking car or a "purpose built" sports car. It was the image that most people wanted in a car that was the main purchase point. From the days when Carroll Shelby was told by Lee Iacocca to "soup-up" the Mustang into the GT350, to the new Boss 302, and onward with the over-the-top 2013 GT500, Tasca Ford's modded 428SCJ that Ford readily adapted for street use, modifying has been going on for a long time. Rightly or wrongly, it is a direct result of modifications that gets us to what we have today, thankfully. Some like their cars stock and some don't.............
Old 10/25/11, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. We will be posting some numbers in the coming weeks.
Old 10/25/11, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Does the kit include the hoses?
No, it splices into the factory hose with fittings provided.
Old 10/25/11, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. We will be posting some numbers in the coming weeks.
Do any of your tunes have a lopey idle? Will the price with tune be the same as the GT unit?
Old 10/27/11, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Steeda Gus, Awesome product glad I did not get your GT CAI yet. I want one of these for my Boss instead. Looking forward to the dyno numbers. I am also looking into Stainless Works long tube headers, any commentary on them? PM me please SCCA rules will allow the intake, headers and full exhaust with a tune but nothing else. I am looking for the best combo weight savings plus HP gain. So far I am going with your intake, the Stainless Works long tubes and catted X-Pipe backed up by the Magnaflow 3 inch competition exhaust with 5 inch round mufflers.
Old 10/27/11, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Davegush, SCCA Solo or club racing? If club racing what class are you going to run it in?
Old 10/28/11, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MJockey
Do any of your tunes have a lopey idle? Will the price with tune be the same as the GT unit?
We currently dont have any official plans to release idle cam tunes.
Old 10/28/11, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by davegush
Steeda Gus, Awesome product glad I did not get your GT CAI yet. I want one of these for my Boss instead. Looking forward to the dyno numbers. I am also looking into Stainless Works long tube headers, any commentary on them? PM me please SCCA rules will allow the intake, headers and full exhaust with a tune but nothing else. I am looking for the best combo weight savings plus HP gain. So far I am going with your intake, the Stainless Works long tubes and catted X-Pipe backed up by the Magnaflow 3 inch competition exhaust with 5 inch round mufflers.
PM sent
Old 10/28/11, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by davegush
What about match porting, larger throttle body, ignition, underdrive pulleys, clutch assembly, lightweight flywheel, etc.

Will we see you at the Pro or Nationals 2012?

Dave
Old 10/28/11, 02:52 PM
Cobra Member

gus where is the pic of that new spoiler you teased not long ago, not so rice looking but taller and functional? i thought i saw it here, but i cant find it on search. was wondering if that part would fit the boss or if it needed body work to cover the factory holes

ps you need a model car for that thing and we all know CO looks the best (and is the fastest)
Old 10/28/11, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
What about match porting, larger throttle body, ignition, underdrive pulleys, clutch assembly, lightweight flywheel, etc.

Will we see you at the Pro or Nationals 2012?

Dave
OK that stuff too. guess I need to study the rules more closely. Stock class was so much easier. More work for the winter. I really should get a lift or at least get a bit more serious about prep. Think I'll probably end up short of full prep this year and add to it next year. Need to tune the driver to the car this year.

Yes I am looking to go to nationals, not sure about Pro, depends on tire budget. Unlike some people I cannot afford a new set of tires for each run at nationals.

Last edited by davegush; 10/28/11 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10/28/11, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by orng302
Davegush, SCCA Solo or club racing? If club racing what class are you going to run it in?
SCCA Solo ESP as the Boss is not favorably placed for stock classing.
Old 10/31/11, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
gus where is the pic of that new spoiler you teased not long ago, not so rice looking but taller and functional? i thought i saw it here, but i cant find it on search. was wondering if that part would fit the boss or if it needed body work to cover the factory holes

ps you need a model car for that thing and we all know CO looks the best (and is the fastest)
Here are the pictures you asked for. I believe there will be 2 uncovered holes you will need to plug or fill.

Old 10/31/11, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

Here are the pictures you asked for. I believe there will be 2 uncovered holes you will need to plug or fill.

cool, the shot i had seen was on a black car. that would look sick in comp orange. it's functional right? any idea what sort of down force it offers? wondering if this might pair well with the LS splitter on front. will you be offering those painted too? any idea on pricing and availability?

Last edited by ShaneM; 10/31/11 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11/10/11, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Steeda Gus - any idea for timing on p/n or price on the CAI for the Boss?

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak - Steeda BOSS 302 specific cold air system