Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Small problem with Roush exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/11, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Small problem with Roush exhaust.

Had my Roush axleback for about three months... The passanger muffler has developed a rather LARGE crack at the weld. I am currently working on getting it replaced under warrenty but so far haven't heard back from my retailer OR Roush..
Just a little FYI ...check your welds!
Attached Thumbnails Small problem with Roush exhaust.-muffler.jpg  
Old 10/11/11, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I seen your YouTube video with this exhaust, sounded so good im pretty sure im gonna go with them also.
Old 10/11/11, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ulev1st
Had my Roush axleback for about three months... The passanger muffler has developed a rather LARGE crack at the weld. I am currently working on getting it replaced under warrenty but so far haven't heard back from my retailer OR Roush..
Just a little FYI ...check your welds!
ulev1st,

If you don't get anywhere with the retailer you purchased it from let me know, I'm a Roush dealer and have a solid relationship with my rep at Roush I may be able to help.

Steve
Old 10/11/11, 10:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Steve...right now I'm getting the "we will only warrenty the one muffler" from Roush...and the "I'm not sure but I think you'll have to send it to us and let us send it back to Roush then they will send us the replacement and we will ship it to you" from the retailer...leaving my car down for at least a couple of weeks...maybe longer. I contacted them last Thursday and haven't heard back yet from anybody!
Old 10/12/11, 12:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Will check mine out in a bit but probably not much worry here in AZ.

Anyone considering the Roush Exhaust should check out the youtube link in my sig. Sounds amazing, IMO.
Old 10/12/11, 02:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Drew...I don't think the weather has much to do with this...I'm in Memphis and we haven't had any bad weather in the time I've had my Boss...it never gets driven in the rain, it sits in the garage when not being driven and only has 1600 miles...I think this was just a defective weld. The condensation from the exhaust is what has cause the rust..not any outside elements.
Old 10/12/11, 05:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be checking mine when I get home from work today. Thanks for the heads up and good luck getting it fixed properly!
Old 10/12/11, 09:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Drew...I don't think the weather has much to do with this...I'm in Memphis and we haven't had any bad weather in the time I've had my Boss...it never gets driven in the rain, it sits in the garage when not being driven and only has 1600 miles...I think this was just a defective weld. The condensation from the exhaust is what has cause the rust..not any outside elements.
eek.
The following users liked this post:
Getportfolio (9/13/19)
Old 10/12/11, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Yea, I definitely think it's a defect. I've sold a ton of these for the current generation and have not seen or heard any feedback like this...
Old 10/12/11, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks Steve...right now I'm getting the "we will only warrenty the one muffler" from Roush...and the "I'm not sure but I think you'll have to send it to us and let us send it back to Roush then they will send us the replacement and we will ship it to you" from the retailer...leaving my car down for at least a couple of weeks...maybe longer. I contacted them last Thursday and haven't heard back yet from anybody!
There so easy to change. Put the stock exhaust in untill you get a replacement. sounds like you have good people on your side wanting to help. This is rare. does pure speed motor sport have a web site. Sounds like a good vendor doing the right thing. Kudos to Pure Speed Motor sports
Old 10/12/11, 12:03 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I checked my welds last night after I got home. They look alittle like that.
Old 10/12/11, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by boss man

There so easy to change. Put the stock exhaust in untill you get a replacement. sounds like you have good people on your side wanting to help. This is rare. does pure speed motor sport have a web site. Sounds like a good vendor doing the right thing. Kudos to Pure Speed Motor sports
Boss man-

Thanks. Although we were NOT the retailer who sold these, we are a Roush dealer and an official TMS Supporting Vendor. With that being said, we are enthusiasts first and retailers second; if there is any way I can help that's what I am here for as a TMS sponsor.

It sounds like the ball is rolling and you can't fault Roush for wanting to inspect the muffler for quality control and R&D purposes. I would do what was recommended if possible - toss the stock mufflers back on until you get a replacement set.

Also, for anyone who is interested you can find us online @ www.PureSpeedMotorsports.com (we are growing rapidly and are in the process of switching to a better website design so bare with us).

In addition, you can reach me directly here at TMS with a PM or via email:

steve@purespeedmotorsports.com

I tend to respond quickly and am always willing to hook forum members up with as much of a discount as possible.

Best Regards,

Steve Johnson
Owner,
Pure Speed Motorsports
Old 10/12/11, 12:20 PM
V6 Member

Checking mine when i can get to the parking lot, will let y'all know.....
Old 10/12/11, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

I have been looking into the roush exhaust I'll have to check out ur site Steve
Old 11/11/11, 10:22 PM

My roush axlebacks have the same exact problem, also on passenger side, however I have had no help from roush or the dealership I ordered them from roush and they told me to go to a dealer or fly a kite basically.

Did your passenger side develop a rattle also?
Old 11/13/11, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes slight rattle....still no word back from Roush or Blue Oval...Calling again Monday ben a while...think I'm getting blown off!
Old 11/14/11, 09:57 AM
GT Member

I think Trackey caused it....no waranty for you.

just kidding...good info thanks
Old 12/25/11, 05:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, what was the outcome? I just noticed mine have the same issue.
Old 12/26/11, 04:36 AM
Bullitt Member

No help from anybody..can't get a straight answer...feeling a little "screwed over" at this point.
Old 12/26/11, 09:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's not good news. Did you pull yours off or get them repaired? I would think a local shop can easily fix the outside weld, but what about the inside?

Quick Reply: Small problem with Roush exhaust.