2012-2013 BOSS 302

Rear sway bar Dia.

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/11, 07:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear sway bar Dia.

Hello guys
When one of you get a chance can you Mic. the rear sway bar Dia. on a base Boss please. I like to know what ford realy did here and not go by what they have said they were going to do .

Thank you Harlan
Old 6/14/11, 03:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have a reason to not trust that it's 25mm? Can't really think of any reason why Ford would lie about something like that.
Old 6/14/11, 06:23 AM
GT Member

What i'am not sure of is did the base Boss 302 get the 25mm rear sway bar or dose it have a 24mm bar like the brembo GT. Now i know they said they were going to a bigger rear bar on the LS Boss 302 just trying to get some hard facts as to what they did do.

I also didn't think it would be that big of a deal to get some one to Mic. a rear bar.
Old 6/14/11, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 300AGT
What i'am not sure of is did the base Boss 302 get the 25mm rear sway bar or dose it have a 24mm bar like the brembo GT. Now i know they said they were going to a bigger rear bar on the LS Boss 302 just trying to get some hard facts as to what they did do.

I also didn't think it would be that big of a deal to get some one to Mic. a rear bar.
It isn't, just wondering what your thinking was. In any case, Ford states in their technical spec sheets that it's 25mm on the Boss, and 26mm on the LS. I'm sure someone can measure for you.
Old 8/20/11, 01:42 AM

Hi i decided to register today (hello fellow stang people). I happen to work for the supplier who makes the rear stabars and have been working with it for a few years now.

yes, the rear is 24mm on GT and Brembo, 25mm on boss, 26mm on the laguna.

i'm about to swap out the 24mm Brembo to a 26mm on my personal car and i'm a bit worried that the extra stiffness may screw up the body (hence the 25mm on the boss since it does not have the x brace) but i can't confirm that since i have not spoke to the Ford designer of it.

also, its going to make it a bit more prone to oversteer, but thats good - i'll let you guys know how it works out. do you guys think i should use 25 or go all the way to 26mm? why would laguna have 26mm? more rubber on the rear tires? pure track design?

take care ya'll (ps. the weight is about 5lbs difference between a 24 and 26mm - i'll have to throw out the fix a flat pump).

Last edited by twistedneck; 8/20/11 at 01:46 AM.
Old 8/20/11, 05:37 AM

I made the swap on mine already and haven't noted anything out of the ordinary. Probably would only see a difference on a roadcourse. Might even make it worse! Ford spends a little more time tuning suspensions than I do...so I look at what they are doing and follow their lead, somewhat. I swapped to 10" rims and 285 PZero's to follow suit with the street Boss except I went with an extra 1/2 inch of rim width. The rear bar comes with the 2 links with the bushings already installed as well as the bushings that ties in near the rear shocks. FYI. I would venture a guess for the Laguna going up bigger yet to do with the handling qualities Ford was looking for out of the car along with the stiffer shocks and gripper/stiffer PZero Corsa tyres.
Originally Posted by twistedneck
Hi i decided to register today (hello fellow stang people). I happen to work for the supplier who makes the rear stabars and have been working with it for a few years now.

yes, the rear is 24mm on GT and Brembo, 25mm on boss, 26mm on the laguna.

i'm about to swap out the 24mm Brembo to a 26mm on my personal car and i'm a bit worried that the extra stiffness may screw up the body (hence the 25mm on the boss since it does not have the x brace) but i can't confirm that since i have not spoke to the Ford designer of it.

also, its going to make it a bit more prone to oversteer, but thats good - i'll let you guys know how it works out. do you guys think i should use 25 or go all the way to 26mm? why would laguna have 26mm? more rubber on the rear tires? pure track design?

take care ya'll (ps. the weight is about 5lbs difference between a 24 and 26mm - i'll have to throw out the fix a flat pump).

Last edited by ExVP; 8/20/11 at 05:41 AM.
Old 8/20/11, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ExVP
I made the swap on mine already and haven't noted anything out of the ordinary. Probably would only see a difference on a roadcourse. Might even make it worse! Ford spends a little more time tuning suspensions than I do...so I look at what they are doing and follow their lead, somewhat. I swapped to 10" rims and 285 PZero's to follow suit with the street Boss except I went with an extra 1/2 inch of rim width. The rear bar comes with the 2 links with the bushings already installed as well as the bushings that ties in near the rear shocks. FYI. I would venture a guess for the Laguna going up bigger yet to do with the handling qualities Ford was looking for out of the car along with the stiffer shocks and gripper/stiffer PZero Corsa tyres.
good to know ExVP, i'll go ahead w the 26mm then. also, we install the links and and end bushings also so i do like these black painted ones better than the old colored ones from 2011.

I dont have the $ for a new set of rims just yet so i'm going to squeeze 275 wide rubber on with the swaybars. even if Ford did tune it perfect for BBP with the 24mm i can still get more rear grip back by using that big tire and still have the increased force on the front tires caused by the bigger rear bar. (just heard noise of my credit card scanning
Old 8/21/11, 06:27 AM

Well, good luck with that then. BTW, I didn't go with the 26mm, I went with the 25mm. The other part was adding the Koni STR T's and Steeda Sport springs.
Originally Posted by twistedneck
good to know ExVP, i'll go ahead w the 26mm then. also, we install the links and and end bushings also so i do like these black painted ones better than the old colored ones from 2011.

I dont have the $ for a new set of rims just yet so i'm going to squeeze 275 wide rubber on with the swaybars. even if Ford did tune it perfect for BBP with the 24mm i can still get more rear grip back by using that big tire and still have the increased force on the front tires caused by the bigger rear bar. (just heard noise of my credit card scanning
Old 8/21/11, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Twistedneck
Like i said in your other thread i put the P275 on the car and take it to a track and drive it first before you go up in the rear sway bar size but that just me .
Old 8/21/11, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's a PDF with the spring rates and sway bar size for the last few years.

Doug
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sway Bars - Spring Rates.pdf (149.6 KB, 1855 views)
Old 8/21/11, 07:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 300AGT
Hello guys
When one of you get a chance can you Mic. the rear sway bar Dia. on a base Boss please. I like to know what ford realy did here and not go by what they have said they were going to do .

Thank you Harlan
What they really did:
Rear Bar: 0.994" (25.2mm)
Front Bar: 1.374" (34.9mm)
Couple of .1's mm's of paint in that number also. Pretty much what Ford advertised.

Just measured it on my std. '12 B302

Last edited by rmaginnis; 8/21/11 at 07:53 PM.