Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Radio Features on the Boss

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/11, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Features on the Boss

What do they mean by Sat capable? Do I have to have the dealer install something to be able to utilize my Sirius subscription I currently have with my GT? My subscription is paid through 4/2012 and dealing with Sirius Customer Service to get a refund is going to be a nightmare.
Old 6/15/11, 06:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss Lady
What do they mean by Sat capable? Do I have to have the dealer install something to be able to utilize my Sirius subscription I currently have with my GT? My subscription is paid through 4/2012 and dealing with Sirius Customer Service to get a refund is going to be a nightmare.
My dealer told me that you have to get the satellite module installed. The Boss is "satellie capable" but does come with the satellie receiver/tuner. I am planning a 2000 mile road trip labor day weekend and will probably wish I had the satellite across the deserted stretches of west TX and east NM.
Old 6/15/11, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

i would think you just need to add a sat antenna to the radio, if it wasn't something that could be added id figure they would use blanks for that button like they do on the steering wheel controls for sync.
Old 6/15/11, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
My dealer told me that you have to get the satellite module installed. The Boss is "satellie capable" but does come with the satellie receiver/tuner. I am planning a 2000 mile road trip labor day weekend and will probably wish I had the satellite across the deserted stretches of west TX and east NM.
I live in West Texas and make trips into east NM every few months. When you get out here, Sirius/XM is your friend.
Old 6/15/11, 07:31 PM

I live in West Texas and make trips into east NM every few months. When you get out here, Sirius/XM is your friend.
If you are on HWY 87, I'll honk when I drive by labor day weekend. Driving from Houston to Salida, CO
Old 6/15/11, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Or an iPod.
Old 6/15/11, 09:10 PM

If you are on HWY 87, I'll honk when I drive by labor day weekend. Driving from Houston to Salida, CO
Live in Midland. If you're ever in the area and have time to stop..holler. I'll take you on a tour of the Chapparal Gallery. Now there's some sweet cars!
Old 6/15/11, 10:32 PM

Live in Midland. If you're ever in the area and have time to stop..holler. I'll take you on a tour of the Chapparal Gallery. Now there's some sweet cars!
My nephew had his wedding reception at the oil museum in Midland and there were a few Chapparal's in there. Those are nice. We lived in Odessa for 7 months in '76. Went into Midland for culture.
Old 6/16/11, 05:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I had the iSimple Gateway installed shortly after taking delivery. It allows me to connect my iPhone (or iPod) to the radio digitally and so that I can use the steering wheel and radio buttons to control the iPhone. Also, the song info (artist, song name, etc) shows up on the display. The item cost roughly $185 and install was about $50. This is much better than using the auxiliary input since I can control what I'm listening to without looking at the iPhone.
Old 6/16/11, 07:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Or an iPod.
Or a Droid X. For something like $5 a month I get Sirius on my phone and with the aux jack, voila, I have a Boss with satellite radio
Old 6/16/11, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Or an iPod.
You could stream Pandora on the iPod or Droid. But often in the lonely strectches of W TX & E NM, where there are no radio stations, there is also no cellular data signal.
Old 6/16/11, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by atrain1975
I had the iSimple Gateway installed shortly after taking delivery. It allows me to connect my iPhone (or iPod) to the radio digitally and so that I can use the steering wheel and radio buttons to control the iPhone. Also, the song info (artist, song name, etc) shows up on the display. The item cost roughly $185 and install was about $50. This is much better than using the auxiliary input since I can control what I'm listening to without looking at the iPhone.
Who did your install?
Old 6/16/11, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Do you have a part number for the one you used? I'm going to do something like this but would like to avoid getting the wrong one.
Old 6/16/11, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Here's a link to everything you need to get satellite hooked up to stock radio. Arrived in 2 days, 30 minutes to hook up, and works just like factory. (I'm not affiliated at all, just have to have my satellite radio!)
http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N
Old 6/16/11, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has to have tunes, take it one step further and replace the lame speakers Ford installed in the Boss.
Old 6/16/11, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobrasteve
Here's a link to everything you need to get satellite hooked up to stock radio. Arrived in 2 days, 30 minutes to hook up, and works just like factory. (I'm not affiliated at all, just have to have my satellite radio!)
http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N
Cool. Where did you mount the antenna?
Old 6/16/11, 08:47 AM

You could stream Pandora on the iPod or Droid. But often in the lonely strectches of W TX & E NM, where there are no radio stations, there is also no cellular data signal.

Streaming over the I-phone would be OK but there are huge areas out here and in the pineywoods of East Texas and West Central Louisiana that are cell phone dead zones. Unfortunately these are the areas where I spend a lot of time driving.
Old 6/16/11, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
Do you have a part number for the one you used? I'm going to do something like this but would like to avoid getting the wrong one.
It is model no. ISFD571. I had it professionally installed. The installer ran the connection through the console next to where the aux jack is located. Everything you need to install comes in the box. I think that iSimple also makes a sat radio system too, but I didn't want that.

I also had installed new speakers (Polk MM571) front and rear, and a JL Flatwedge sub in the trunk. The sub added maybe 10 lbs or so. These components are a huge improvement over the stock speakers / system and loud enough to overcome the wide open side pipes at highway speed with the windows open. I get to hear the exhaust and the tunes, which to me is heaven.
Old 6/16/11, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice. Thanks for the info! Gotta get a sub...
Old 6/16/11, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

ha basically what sync would do

Quick Reply: Radio Features on the Boss