Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302
View Poll Results: Current age of Boss owners?
<18-25
4.60%
26-30
13.79%
31-35
8.05%
36-40
9.20%
41-45
14.94%
46-50
16.09%
50-55
14.94%
55-60+
18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Poll Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/13, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DommerEOD
24 and broke now.. worth itttt.
Your only young once, and if you can always make more money.
Old 2/1/13, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by thevidon

Gotta love rich parents (or kids with rich parents who claim "they did it on their own").

Good luck man - try not to hit a tree.

For the record I bought the Boss as a 30'th birthday present to myself!
My parents never bought this car. They bought my first car. I've had a good job for at least 4 years and I've been saving up for a nice car
Old 2/1/13, 12:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 12WhiteBoss302
My parents never bought this car. They bought my first car. I've had a good job for at least 4 years and I've been saving up for a nice car
And that's when you drop a

Just love using that.
Old 2/1/13, 12:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
So you've had a good job since you were about 13-14 years old, paying rent or mortgage, utilities, car insurance, home owners insurance, property taxes, buying groceries, clothes, etc.?
Old 2/1/13, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think the point is he saved his money before having said obligations. Same with myself.
Old 2/1/13, 03:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I think the point is he saved his money before having said obligations. Same with myself.
And without his parents providing said obligations and his first car, he wouldn't have been able to save that money. Therefore, his parents did pay for the Boss, even if indirectly.

I'm not bashing him (or you) at all. I think its great that you worked and saved up to buy a car, but its a bit disingenuous to say "my parents didn't buy it, I did". They deserve a lot of the credit too for making it possible for him/you to be able to live while you saved money.
Old 2/1/13, 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
And without his parents providing said obligations and his first car, he wouldn't have been able to save that money. Therefore, his parents did pay for the Boss, even if indirectly.

I'm not bashing him (or you) at all. I think its great that you worked and saved up to buy a car, but its a bit disingenuous to say "my parents didn't buy it, I did". They deserve a lot of the credit too for making it possible for him/you to be able to live while you saved money.
This is true, then again by your logic no one here or anywhere was able to buy their cars without the help of their parents.
Old 2/1/13, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

Must have been nice to have 30k in trade in value from your 'starter' BMW handed to you. You really are a typical rich kid, I wasn't sure but thanks for proving it. Was your "job" working in your dad's friend's company making $25 an hour doing pretty much nothing? At least have the ***** to admit you have been handed everything.

LOL

I know I sound bitter but when you come from a food stamp family and actually DID have to make it in the world with zero connections its hard not to find the rich kids that have life handed to them annoying.

Last edited by thevidon; 2/1/13 at 04:20 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 05:18 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
About what I expected
Old 2/1/13, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Must have been nice to have 30k in trade in value from your 'starter' BMW handed to you. You really are a typical rich kid, I wasn't sure but thanks for proving it. Was your "job" working in your dad's friend's company making $25 an hour doing pretty much nothing? At least have the ***** to admit you have been handed everything.

LOL

I know I sound bitter but when you come from a food stamp family and actually DID have to make it in the world with zero connections its hard not to find the rich kids that have life handed to them annoying.
Take it easy big guy! He's a kid, has time to mature and hopefully continues to be a contributing member of society and the Mustang community. Give him a chance, no need to be rude. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch over people that may have been born in a better situation than you were, but remember you should probably be older and wiser. This last post was not a good indicator.
Old 2/1/13, 05:46 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
All I can add is I wish that I could have had my Boss when I was younger (got mine at 47). But then again I probably would have killed myself or wrecked it!!! Congrats enjoy and be safe with it 12whiteBoss302!!!

Last edited by Mustang Freak; 2/1/13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 06:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Take it easy big guy! He's a kid, has time to mature and hopefully continues to be a contributing member of society and the Mustang community. Give him a chance, no need to be rude. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch over people that may have been born in a better situation than you were, but remember you should probably be older and wiser. This last post was not a good indicator.
Helicopter parent alert!

He is 18 - not a kid. Time for a dose of the real world where people don't coddle you.
Old 2/1/13, 06:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
All I can add is I wish that I could have had my Boss when I was younger (got mine at 47). But then again I probably would have killed myself or wrecked it!!! Congrats enjoy and be safe with it 12whiteBoss302!!!
Very well said my friend. Be safe and enjoy that machine.
Old 2/1/13, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Helicopter parent alert!

He is 18 - not a kid. Time for a dose of the real world where people don't coddle you.
I just don't think that anything he posted warranted your disparaging remarks. In a group of people who share a common interest, and with no instigation that I could see, your comment is something I don't care to see. I hope to someday meet fellow Mustangers from this forum , but I could definitely do without those that kind of attitude. So really, I am not trying to coddle a "kid," I am trying to preserve a welcoming community that is a place for newbies that have questions, or simply want to meet others with the same interest. Also, I see an 18 y/o who claims he has been employed for 4 years and he reminds me of me. From what I can tell he doesn't wish to simply stay on he boob, he has been contributing. I don't any more details, but give strangers the benefit of the doubt, no matter how young they are. Wouldn't it be serendipitous if you one day worked for him? One of the lessons I learned in the Navy, you never know what twist of fate could land you in a position beneath the person you once berated.
Old 2/1/13, 07:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just don't think that anything he posted warranted your disparaging remarks. In a group of people who share a common interest, and with no instigation that I could see, your comment is something I don't care to see. I hope to someday meet fellow Mustangers from this forum , but I could definitely do without those that kind of attitude. So really, I am not trying to coddle a "kid," I am trying to preserve a welcoming community that is a place for newbies that have questions, or simply want to meet others with the same interest. Also, I see an 18 y/o who claims he has been employed for 4 years and he reminds me of me. From what I can tell he doesn't wish to simply stay on he boob, he has been contributing. I don't any more details, but give strangers the benefit of the doubt, no matter how young they are. Wouldn't it be serendipitous if you one day worked for him? One of the lessons I learned in the Navy, you never know what twist of fate could land you in a position beneath the person you once berated.
You put it far better than I could. I'm the first of my family born in this country and we were poor people. I've worked for all I've have. I am almost 40 and started working very young. I still can not afford a boss. Yet, I am happy for anyone, who truly appreciates a boss , that can own one. While there are many helpful people here, I am surprised at how uncommon common manners have become.

Last edited by Mr. V; 2/1/13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 07:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

+1, also seems like a **** move of thevidon to try and pull the "I grew up poor" card. Everyone at one point in there lives, even the now social elite had to scrape and scrounge to make there way. Though I am jealous I couldn't afford my Boss at 18 (and the fact that it wasn't made) I would never hate on someone that was able to buy one so young.
Old 2/1/13, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheers to the guy with the Boss at 18. Shame on you ****s givin him ****. So he's got it better than you had it. Cry a ****in river.
Old 2/1/13, 08:10 PM

Well I missed quite a bit :P I try to be on the forums as much as I can. I started work when I was 14 and now working for 2 jobs. I've also had a paper route when I was a kid for 6 years. And yes I can thank my parents for a lot of things, including buying my first car (Grand Am GT, fun little car!). I also don't spend my money on stupid/pointless things like drugs, alcohol, and going to Tim Hortons to get a crappy cup of coffee

Last edited by 12WhiteBoss302; 2/1/13 at 08:12 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I missed quite a bit :P I try to be on the forums as much as I can. I started work when I was 14 and now working for 2 jobs. I've also had a paper route when I was a kid for 6 years. And yes I can thank my parents for a lot of things, including buying my first car (Grand Am GT, fun little car!). I also don't spend my money on stupid/pointless things like drugs, alcohol, and going to Tim Hortons to get a crappy cup of coffee
Though I wouldn't be the first or the last one to say that I wouldn't agree with your choice on drugs or alcohol, more power to you and good job working your *** off.
Old 2/1/13, 09:20 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Priorities good for you!!! At your age if I had the means to buy a Boss I could put alot of things on the back burner!!! Drugs never did em there's a boatload of savings right there!!! LOL. Does your Dad wanna drive your Boss?

Quick Reply: Poll Question