Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Orange 302 at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/11, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
I have medical issues with my right hand.
Or that.
Old 4/9/11, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets all just agree that "to each his own"

Plus its not that hard to find all the parts to turn a GT into a BOSS clone. Only difference wiuld be more creature comforts in the GT, such as sync, hids...
Old 4/10/11, 01:18 AM
Cobra R Member

air cond,radio,message center,cup holders,illuminated vanity mirror,steering wheel with audio and speed controls,map pockets,ect ect...

i say add a auto also...(bet they would sell all they made) and as a ford shareholder,thats the bottom line!
Old 4/10/11, 01:22 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
I was just at Southway Ford here in town for some service issues on my Mustang V6, I walked by the financial offices, and there, in the showroom was a Competition Orange Boss 302 with black stripes and Recaro seats. Oh my goodness, I almost came in my cajones when I saw that thing sitting there! It was so beautiful, too bad it already had a big SOLD sticker on the windshield. I wish these things came with a automatic transmission option and microsoft synce, and HID's...
Originally Posted by atrain1975
I'm not sure how the physics of this would work; cojones are *********.
That's the part that blew my mind. I'm glad someone else caught it.

It sucks that you can't operate a manual, but you could always get a GT (also with Sync and HID's) then change the necessary parts to make it a Boss...Or the other way around. Buy a Boss, and get your own automatic for it.
Old 4/10/11, 01:22 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can I get a cushy auto cadillac - with Boss stripes?

or can I get a Bullitt that looks like a Cali Special with all the stick ons, stripes, and painted red??? And can I get a few Shelby stickers too? And can I get fries with that??

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/10/11 at 01:26 AM.
Old 4/10/11, 05:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36

It sucks that you can't operate a manual, but you could always get a GT (also with Sync and HID's) then change the necessary parts to make it a Boss...Or the other way around. Buy a Boss, and get your own automatic for it.
Hmm, im pretty sure the GT to Boss will be cheaper than Boss to GT?
Old 4/10/11, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36

It's not correct but it's a saying around here (my town).
Old 4/10/11, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

First of all, everyone has their own taste/needs. Secondly, ha they DID sell it. I found that car when it hit the ground around the 25th. The salesman immediately agreed to msrp then, I assume after talking to mgt, it changed to 5k over, I abruptly told him I was not interested in that and ended talks.
Old 4/10/11, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mweeps
Air Conditioning goes against heritage, but a radio does not. Delete should be an option on both though on the Leguna Seca.
That is not a bad idea but it will never fly the way Ford builds the cars nowdays. AC is an option I am happy with, the original Boss did not have it because it was a race car plain and simple but you could add anything else you wanted for the street. Those days are long gone. However having an automatic would definitely make it NOT a Boss.
Old 4/10/11, 07:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
AC is an option I am happy with.....
Add me to this list. AC can always be turned off along with the radio.
Old 4/10/11, 10:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
It would suck if everyone wanted the same thing! That's why Ford makes a half dozen Mustangs. It just seems like Ford has been as clear as possilbe on their intent for the Boss and why they left off the amenities they left off. Lamenting the lack of Sync or Leather seats on the Boss is like standing on the cereal aisle and wishing Corn Flakes had a frosted coating on them!
Just a small spelling correction, but I swear to Jeebus if there were an Isle of Cereal that I would live there!

...and they do have Corn Flakes with frosting; Frosted Flakes and they're grrrrrrrreat!

There are 9 second automatic Mustangs(at least one 2011+ 5.0), so Ford deciding to bring back a heritage name like "Boss 302" and only offering it in a manual transmission to respect the heritage of the name isn't the end of the world nor is it a personal attack on anyone with limited mobility in their right hand(or whatever the case may be). I may, however, go with a vast conspiracy theory that involves Ford not producing an automatic Boss until Texans start respecting our Nation's flag properly and fly it above their state flag.
Old 4/11/11, 06:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Add me to this list. AC can always be turned off along with the radio.
You can't magic away the pounds of the AC or radio when you turn them off.

I'm not complaining about the Boss having either, I'm just saying it's about the weight.
Old 4/11/11, 06:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mycroft

I'm not complaining about the Boss having either, I'm just saying it's about the weight.
True but that is why they are making the Boss 302s just like the original road racers, one for the public and one for the racers
Old 4/11/11, 08:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by mycroft

And yet they include quad exhaust and intake manifold tube into the cabin that adds 20+ pounds. This is a street car designed for the track with a race engine not a race car. I'm not complaining as I'm going to like it just the way it is.