Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

One week in the shop, and still no BOSS

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/11, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One week in the shop, and still no BOSS

I started a thread about this in another BOSS forum, but wanted to post over here because I know Ford customer service monitors this board.

-Took delivery 10/22/11 of BOSS#2154 with 12 miles on the odo, at 224 miles first cel came on, took it to dealer on 11/2/11, diagnosed misfire codes p0302 and p0304, car road tested, no misfires, codes cleared and car returned to me the same day.

-601 miles, cel came on again, return to dealer on 11/14/11, this time just p0302 misfire code present, code cleared, dealer decides to change plugs but has to order them so I took the car home and would return when plugs came in.

-Returned to the dealer 11/16/11, plugs changed and during road test, all cylinders are randomly misfiring, not just the 2 and 4. Dealer keeps car to try and figure what the cause of the misfires are. On 11/18/11 my service advisor notifies me that they cannot figure out what the problem is and that a field service engineer is coming out to have a look.

-11/22/11 field service engineer comes, takes data, does road test, leaves and tells my SA that he will get back to him. Today my SA calls to tell me he hasn't heard back from the FSE and that the earliest he will know anything is monday 11/28/11.

Up to this point I have been very patient, but now I am becoming annoyed, I have yet to really get a feel for this car because the dealer has had it or the cel has been on. I don't understand why they can't figure out what the cause of this, I know that others have had cel's caused by misfires, what did your service departments do to fix? I'm frustrated that I will be without my BRAND NEW car for at least another five days and who knows how much longer after that. The dealer has put at least 60 miles on my car doing all there road tests, and although I was given a loaner, it's a freaking fusion!

I was a little skeptical about coming back to domestic cars because of quality issues in the past, but I kept hearing how Ford has stepped up their game in the last few years, and that the BOSS 302 is the best Mustang ever, well i'm not so sure about that. If anyone has any insight please post, they are scatching there heads over at my dealership and all I want is my car back fixed.
Old 11/23/11, 06:37 PM
GT Member

Someone had a similar problem; seems like it was a loose wiring harness and a simple fix.
Old 11/23/11, 06:56 PM

Yes, I remember reading that thread, something about a bad harness from the battery, I relayed that to my SA, don't know what action was taken. I'm hoping its something minor and so simple that they have just been overlooking it.
Old 11/23/11, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

As I recall from the much earlier post the loose connection was inside the fender and not the engine compartment.
Old 11/24/11, 05:29 AM
V6 Member

Robin,

Please keep us up-to-date on this issue. I have a particular interest being that I have a deposit on #2151 which is being picked up in a few weeks.

Have you tried sending a PM to Deysha?

Last edited by servitium; 11/24/11 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11/24/11, 06:39 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by phytrpilot
As I recall from the much earlier post the loose connection was inside the fender and not the engine compartment.
I remember that. You are correct>>>it was a loose ground and I think it was on a LS.
Old 11/26/11, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by servitium
Robin,

Please keep us up-to-date on this issue. I have a particular interest being that I have a deposit on #2151 which is being picked up in a few weeks.

I will definetly keep everyone posted as to how this progresses and what the cause and fix is etc..

I'm gonna hold off on PM'ing Deysha for now, I really do believe that they are doing everything they can and they themselves are pretty frustrated as to why they can't figure this out. This happening over the holiday is partly to blame as to why we haven't heard back from the field service engineer, should know something by this Monday.
Old 11/28/11, 07:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Robinc
-Took delivery 10/22/11 of BOSS#2154 with 12 miles on the odo, at 224 miles first cel came on, took it to dealer on 11/2/11, diagnosed misfire codes p0302 and p0304, car road tested, no misfires, codes cleared and car returned to me the same day.

-601 miles, cel came on again, return to dealer on 11/14/11, this time just p0302 misfire code present, code cleared, dealer decides to change plugs but has to order them so I took the car home and would return when plugs came in.

-Returned to the dealer 11/16/11, plugs changed and during road test, all cylinders are randomly misfiring, not just the 2 and 4. Dealer keeps car to try and figure what the cause of the misfires are. On 11/18/11 my service advisor notifies me that they cannot figure out what the problem is and that a field service engineer is coming out to have a look.

-11/22/11 field service engineer comes, takes data, does road test, leaves and tells my SA that he will get back to him. Today my SA calls to tell me he hasn't heard back from the FSE and that the earliest he will know anything is monday 11/28/11.
Originally Posted by servitium
Robin,
I will definetly keep everyone posted as to how this progresses and what the cause and fix is etc..
I'm gonna hold off on PM'ing Deysha for now, I really do believe that they are doing everything they can and they themselves are pretty frustrated as to why they can't figure this out.
Thank you, servitium!

Robinc, definitely PM me if you need me! Glad to hear they are working with you to the max!

Deysha
Old 12/3/11, 04:34 AM

-Update-

so on Thursday 12/1, they replaced the turn ring and the crank sensor, called my SA while the head tech had it out for a test drive and my SA would call me back as soon as he knew whether or not that was the fix, needless to say, it wasn't, still random misfires. Now they think it might be a PCM issue and apparently the field service engineer is coming back out this monday, which will make it 21 days without my car.

I'm so frustrated right now, I really didn't think that this would be a hard fix, three weeks in the shop and not only is my car not fixed, but they don't even know what's wrong with it. I don't have many options, I haven't met the lemon law requirements for Texas yet, I plan to meet with the gm of the dealership and see what can be done as far as replacing it with another Boss, but I don't know if that is an option. This is basically unchartered territory for me, I have never been in a situatuion like this, I just want this to be over with!
Old 12/3/11, 04:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

-Update-

so on Thursday 12/1, they replaced the turn ring and the crank sensor, called my SA while the head tech had it out for a test drive and my SA would call me back as soon as he knew whether or not that was the fix, needless to say, it wasn't, still random misfires. Now they think it might be a PCM issue and apparently the field service engineer is coming back out this monday, which will make it 21 days without my car.

I'm so frustrated right now, I really didn't think that this would be a hard fix, three weeks in the shop and not only is my car not fixed, but they don't even know what's wrong with it. I don't have many options, I haven't met the lemon law requirements for Texas yet, I plan to meet with the gm of the dealership and see what can be done as far as replacing it with another Boss, but I don't know if that is an option. This is basically unchartered territory for me, I have never been in a situatuion like this, I just want this to be over with!
I know how you feel, and it really sucks. I would contact Deysha who will put you in contact with a FMC customer service rep. Your GM will be a little help, but really need to get someone from the manufacturer side involved.
Old 12/3/11, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Know this is frustrating and it sounds like Ford is doing what it can. Since your at the stage of at least thinking of a replacement Boss - it probably wouldn't hurt to brush up on your state's Lemon Law. Hopefully it will not get to that point.

Last edited by Ranger; 12/3/11 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12/3/11, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know this isn't apples to apples but sometimes with these newer more electrically complicated automobiles techs sometimes don't see the simple things. I had a similar situation with my 09 f350...truck wasn't idling right, would stall, throw all kinds of codes...everyone was involved. They replaced everything but the **** engine and it ended up being a bad ground. Just saying....and I definitely know your frustration. Hang in there.
Old 12/3/11, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like a floating ground somewhere, could very well be the ECU internally, remember a big portion of the ecu is just grounding signals and reading them as they are grounded. Electricity flows from neg to pos so an intermittent connection will cause the ecu to be like WtF..
Old 12/3/11, 04:11 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to understand how much technology is in these newer cars. Something simple could go undetected because of the crazy amount of sensors and wires in these cars. 1 pinched wire and things can get .

This shouldn't change how you think of American muscle because there are tons of mustangs that don't have issues and less than 1% post issues with them. It's just the ones that do post get blown out of proportion...
Old 12/3/11, 06:12 PM

Make no mistake about it, I love this car and am so happy to be in an American muscle car. Ever since the day I got my driver's license I have wanted a mustang, and twenty one years later I now have one. If things for some crazy reason don't work out with this one, I will definetly be replacing it with another Boss.

I have faith that Ford will get this fixed and I know that they will take care of me after the fact for the inconvenience this has caused me. I'm sure when all is said and done that the fix will end up being something so minor that it was just overlooked, that is why I have no concerns for the long term reliability of this car. Just wish it was sitting in my garage right now instead of the dealer's.
Old 12/4/11, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Make no mistake about it, I love this car and am so happy to be in an American muscle car. Ever since the day I got my driver's license I have wanted a mustang, and twenty one years later I now have one. If things for some crazy reason don't work out with this one, I will definetly be replacing it with another Boss.

I have faith that Ford will get this fixed and I know that they will take care of me after the fact for the inconvenience this has caused me. I'm sure when all is said and done that the fix will end up being something so minor that it was just overlooked, that is why I have no concerns for the long term reliability of this car. Just wish it was sitting in my garage right now instead of the dealer's.
I hate hearing horror stories like this. Remember....Good things happen to good people. In the end you will look back and find a story that makes your Boss special to you. Are FMC at least giving you a loaner or a long song dance?
Old 12/4/11, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by boss man
I hate hearing horror stories like this. Remember....Good things happen to good people. In the end you will look back and find a story that makes your Boss special to you. Are FMC at least giving you a loaner or a long song dance?
I do have a loaner, they gave me the option of an f150 or a fusion, took the fusion because of the gas mileage, I have a sixty mile commute to work. After a week they offered to give me a v6 mustang as a loaner, but I'm fine with the fusion. The one good thing about this is that the fusion gets a lot better mileage than my daily driver( Lexus rx330). I do wanna say that the service I have been receiving from my dealer has been great, I feel that I have a pretty good SA, however I think it's time for me to escalate this and get ford customer service involved.
Old 12/5/11, 09:33 AM

-Update-

Originally Posted by 05-1947
I know how you feel, and it really sucks. I would contact Deysha who will put you in contact with a FMC customer service rep.
Hey Robinc,

Like 05-1947 mentioned, please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info so I can help.

Deysha
Old 12/5/11, 02:47 PM

PM sent Deysha
Old 12/6/11, 06:18 AM

PM sent Deysha
Got it. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

Quick Reply: One week in the shop, and still no BOSS