Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Ok..is it just me?............

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/11, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok..is it just me?............

Or is this thing TOO FRIGGIN QUIET?!?!!!
Even with the discs out it just doesn't sound good unless you hammer it....PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this.
Anybody change out the axle backs yet?
Any idea what to go with?
Old 6/19/11, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow o/r x pipe and Borla S types will cure that!! LOL I have such nice music coming out the rear I don't need any stinking side pipes !!!
Old 6/19/11, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

This is good to hear (or not - lol).

The drone in my Cougar is so annoying that it prevents me from wanting to drive the car at all.
Old 6/19/11, 11:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I dunno as mine hasn't arrived yet, but I've already got Roush mufflers on the way...
Old 6/19/11, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hearing aids.
Old 6/19/11, 11:34 AM

I have had numerous people at the track comment on how quiet the car is even with the discs removed.
Old 6/19/11, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Leaning toward either the Roush axlebacks or possibly the Borla S..........
Old 6/19/11, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

The rear muffers are quite, but I really hate the drone from the aftermarket exhaust on my truck, so I'm leery to change them. I'm thinking about the SVT GT500 mufflers just to add a little volume from the rear.
Old 6/19/11, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I would recommend SLP Loud mouths if available...I will be putting them on my next Stang...
Old 6/19/11, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Even though pricey, I would recommend this MRT exhaust made to work with the quad-pipe set-up. You can hear it here.

More pipes, more $$

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 6/19/11 at 04:57 PM.
Old 6/19/11, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

For a daily driver, No disc is fine for me but a bit much for my wife to be, who will be driving it during work hours Easter to Thanksgiving. I have asked her to pick which discs she wants the 3/4 or 7/8 disc hole for every day driving. For the track, No disc sounds AWESOME!!! We must have differnt cars or vastly different expectations, or perhaps age, I'm almost 50. What ever the case, my car is PLENTY loud for me. I have heard some really great sounding after market exhausts for the Mustang. However, I'm going to spend my money on tires, brakes and track time!
Old 6/19/11, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
For a daily driver, No disc is fine for me but a bit much for my wife to be, who will be driving it during work hours Easter to Thanksgiving. I have asked her to pick which discs she wants the 3/4 or 7/8 disc hole for every day driving. For the track, No disc sounds AWESOME!!! We must have differnt cars or vastly different expectations, or perhaps age, I'm almost 50. What ever the case, my car is PLENTY loud for me. I have heard some really great sounding after market exhausts for the Mustang. However, I'm going to spend my money on tires, brakes and track time!
I am with you on that. It must be an age thing. I applaud Ford for giving us a choice of changing out the disc to our liking instead wasting money. I thought that was the coolest thing to be able to make a few tweaks by just changing out the disc. I must be really getting old. I will put mine towards tires,brakes and LOL
Old 6/19/11, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Give me about 12 hours to pick mine up and I'll try to get a video in some time tomorrow for you. It's sitting at the dealership with Roush Axle Backs on it and the discs out. So once I can get over driving it...and hopefully avoiding bad weather...I will shoot a drive by video of it and let you know what I think
Old 6/19/11, 09:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nccstud
Give me about 12 hours to pick mine up and I'll try to get a video in some time tomorrow for you. It's sitting at the dealership with Roush Axle Backs on it and the discs out. So once I can get over driving it...and hopefully avoiding bad weather...I will shoot a drive by video of it and let you know what I think
In for that video, because that is exactly what mine will sound like.
Old 6/19/11, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
Originally Posted by badasbullitt
I am with you on that. It must be an age thing. I applaud Ford for giving us a choice of changing out the disc to our liking instead wasting money. I thought that was the coolest thing to be able to make a few tweaks by just changing out the disc. I must be really getting old. I will put mine towards tires,brakes and LOL
Yep. I loved a loud car when I was younger, now it gives me a special kind of headache that makes me grit my teeth the entire time I'm in my Cougar. Drone drone drone drone - ARRGH!
Old 6/20/11, 05:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Update...it's supposed to be all rainy and thunderstorm and what not today. If the storms let up in time I will still take the video, otherwise I will have to wait until it's not all nasty outside. Either way I'm picking the car up in about 4 hours
Old 6/20/11, 07:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
In for that video, because that is exactly what mine will sound like.
That is also exactly what mine will be. Roush Stage 3 axle backs and no disks.
Old 6/20/11, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Even though pricey, I would recommend this MRT exhaust made to work with the quad-pipe set-up. You can hear it here.

More pipes, more $$
Love the concept, but $1500 for a mid-pipe???
Old 6/20/11, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VegasGold
I would recommend SLP Loud mouths if available...I will be putting them on my next Stang...
Definitely have to agree with that. I've loved mine and there's no real drone to speak of... course that's on the 4.6 3v not the 5.0.
Old 6/20/11, 09:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Any car with factory exhaust is probably going to be too quiet for most of us. That's just the way the make them.
I don't know if the Shelby KR mufflers will fit but they sound great and have ZERO drone at any speed.

Quick Reply: Ok..is it just me?............