Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

New YB Boss listed for sale below MSRP?

Old 4/28/11, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New YB Boss listed for sale below MSRP?

What is up with this? Typo? Bait & Switch? It's got all options.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

I call around to a few dealers in here the New England area asking about Boss allocations, and it's like they don't care about a potential sale if they don't have on on the showroom floor. At this point I'm beginning to think my best bet is to just find one in dealer stock when I'm ready to pull the trigger. After all the drama with the 'where's my car' posts, a dealer stock sure seems to be the way to go now.

Just how difficult was it for those of you who ordered your cars was it to first find one with an allocation, and then negotiate for MSRP? I called 3 dealers yesterday, 2 of which I had already stopped by in person to speak with a sales weasel, gave them my information, and asked for a call back. No return call... One dealer I had asked for this info 2-3 months ago, the other was the same dealer & salesman that we bought my wife's car from. The last one I called said they don't know but 'will get back to me', yeah, right, just like the last 2...

If you are having problems getting the information, then please take 1 minute out of your day to call me back and let me know, "I'm still looking, hope to get back to you in X days. If you don't hear back from me by Y, call me back". At least by doing that, you've made an effort to keep in touch, managed not to lose my number and put the ball back in my court.

Well, back to the internet listings...

-ace72
Old 4/28/11, 07:14 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Something smells rotten. Alaways go with your gut. Be carefull!!
Originally Posted by ace72ace
What is up with this? Typo? Bait & Switch? It's got all options.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

I call around to a few dealers in here the New England area asking about Boss allocations, and it's like they don't care about a potential sale if they don't have on on the showroom floor. At this point I'm beginning to think my best bet is to just find one in dealer stock when I'm ready to pull the trigger. After all the drama with the 'where's my car' posts, a dealer stock sure seems to be the way to go now.

Just how difficult was it for those of you who ordered your cars was it to first find one with an allocation, and then negotiate for MSRP? I called 3 dealers yesterday, 2 of which I had already stopped by in person to speak with a sales weasel, gave them my information, and asked for a call back. No return call... One dealer I had asked for this info 2-3 months ago, the other was the same dealer & salesman that we bought my wife's car from. The last one I called said they don't know but 'will get back to me', yeah, right, just like the last 2...

If you are having problems getting the information, then please take 1 minute out of your day to call me back and let me know, "I'm still looking, hope to get back to you in X days. If you don't hear back from me by Y, call me back". At least by doing that, you've made an effort to keep in touch, managed not to lose my number and put the ball back in my court.

Well, back to the internet listings...

-ace72
Old 4/28/11, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Something smells rotten. Alaways go with your gut. Be carefull!!
No doubt. I'm not anywhere near AZ, but I'm just throwing this out there to the forum members on the slim chance this is legit. Someone who likes Yellow Blaze would get a slammin' deal. =)

Also a chance to solicit feedback regarding current Boss owners with their search & negotiation experience. Perhaps worth a new thread at some point.

-ace72
Old 4/28/11, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
On their site they have it listed at $43,950 with an internet price of $39,323.

Here's link:
http://www.peoriaford.com/new/Ford/2...0ed6469ce0.htm
Old 4/28/11, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Sounds like someone could get a great deal then. Wonder if anyone on this forum will snap it up?

-ace72
Old 4/28/11, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Heh I have a cousin that lives in AZ. It seems legit. Tempting....so tempting.

But I think I'll stick with my Wolf..
Old 4/28/11, 01:51 PM

It was real, it was $39,323 or at least that was what was quoted to me. It is now sold to some lucky buyer. I was checking for a friend and he was just to slow...
Old 4/28/11, 03:53 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ok guys.. I seen this car a week ago over at peoria ford and they are asking a 13k market fee...

I posted on this a few days ago. its a nice car.. but they want 56k for it

https://themustangsource.com/f813/msrp-adm-494626/
Old 4/28/11, 03:55 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Stock Number 210272

Vin 1ZVBP8CUXC5210272
Old 4/28/11, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, this car is a BLATANT bait and switch. These guys are sharks. They want a lot over MSRP and when you call they will push the Saleen cars so hard that you will wonder if they even have a Boss at all or if they are just trying to generate Saleen sales. (Nothing against Saleen cars.)
Old 4/28/11, 04:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

yeah the guy called me and was pushing the sms cars they had in CA(which they havent even converted yet). I brought my friend in and he bought a car from them a few weeks ago. They are pretty much cut throats.

they are asking adm of 13k for the boss and its not even a ls
Old 4/29/11, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

Well at least the word is out to avoid this dealer...
Old 4/30/11, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ace72ace
Well at least the word is out to avoid this dealer...
Ace, my advice is to hang in there and keep calling. As we move into Q2 and Q3 the guys with deep pockets will have soaked up all the ADM units and these buyers will become less prevalent.

I am looking for a MSRP silver LS and politely tell the sales manager on a call that I do not want to waste his or my time if the dealership intends to sell their allocation above MSRP. I am just not interested. They kinda stumble and stagger some time, but I have had buying experience with avoiding the ADM and if you are patient and willing to accept a late '12 or even a '13 Boss, you will get one at MSRP or maybe even less.
Old 5/1/11, 06:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
Ace, my advice is to hang in there and keep calling. As we move into Q2 and Q3 the guys with deep pockets will have soaked up all the ADM units and these buyers will become less prevalent.

I am looking for a MSRP silver LS and politely tell the sales manager on a call that I do not want to waste his or my time if the dealership intends to sell their allocation above MSRP. I am just not interested. They kinda stumble and stagger some time, but I have had buying experience with avoiding the ADM and if you are patient and willing to accept a late '12 or even a '13 Boss, you will get one at MSRP or maybe even less.
Yeah, I will hang in there, I'm sure a good deal will crop up somewhere. Just yesterday I took my sons for a ride up to Maine to check out a big Ford dealer up there, and checked out the 2 GT-500s they had in the show room. Hadn't seen one before, and the salesman was even good enough to start one up for me. Pictures don't do that monster engine justice. I have to think that as the summer wears on and we are looking at 5$ gallon gas that leftover '11 GT-500's might see some heavy discounts. But based on that and real world MPG avg of only 15-18 per tank really makes me rethink considering one as a daily driver.

Oh and btw, I saw another silver LS while trolling through the New England Ford dealer inventory, this isn't the Jack Madden listing from the other post about your search for silver one.

Colonial Ford in Plymouth, MA ; here is the VIN;

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8CU9C5208738

It would be great if you happened to strike gold on a lead you got from the forum. Being a big believer in karma, I would hope what goes around, comes around and I'd get my dream car. My budget has me in for a Q3 build as it turns out so it all could be falling into place just as intended.

Good luck when you call, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

-ace72
Old 5/1/11, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyone else notice the EBay prices for the 302 (non-LS) seem to have ticked upward in the last one-two weeks? Prior to that most of the bids ended at MSRP or maybe $1,000-1,500 over. Now they are trending at $3,000-3,500 over. Might just be the nicer weather and the fact that the reviews are just now showing up in the magazines. I'm kind of disappointed...I thought MSRP might be the norm by summer but I don't think so any longer...oh well the 2013 colors look nice.
Old 5/1/11, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mjbarnet
Anyone else notice the EBay prices for the 302 (non-LS) seem to have ticked upward in the last one-two weeks? Prior to that most of the bids ended at MSRP or maybe $1,000-1,500 over. Now they are trending at $3,000-3,500 over. Might just be the nicer weather and the fact that the reviews are just now showing up in the magazines. I'm kind of disappointed...I thought MSRP might be the norm by summer but I don't think so any longer...oh well the 2013 colors look nice.
i was just looking at cars.com and saw the same exact thing. Prices have gone up a lot over the last few weeks. tey ar ein the low to mid 50 rang eon a lot of them and i think we can all agree that more than a few of the cars listed at msrp will have adms and the dealer jsut "forgot" to put that in the record or the listed price will be a "mistake" as several folks have noted when calling.
Old 5/1/11, 08:22 PM
GT Member

I want a 2013 with the '70 stripes anyway but I'd be very frustrated in not being able to get an allocation for a 2012 if I were in the market. I'd imagine that they'll make more '13's than they are the '12's.