Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

My order was cancelled...

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/11, 04:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say if you can't find another dealer to assist, or one on the internet, than forget about it. Most of these are Boss 302 LS models are being sold for MSRP+ anyway, so unless you just want an overpriced Mustang, you're gonna have to be patient, very patient.
Old 4/16/11, 05:34 AM

I had a similar experience yesterday on my first quarter build at MSRP that I ordered late December. Found out yesterday I was moved back to 3rd quarter with a end of the year delivery. To make a long story short, I told Mike Shad in Jacksonville, Florida to return the deposit I had given him four months ago. First time in 40 years to get jerked around by a car dealer. I will PM Deysha with all the details.The funny thing is they say Ford messed it up.

Old 4/16/11, 06:39 AM

Jason,
Yes, I called FCS to confirm that my order was legitimate and that I would be getting a Boss in 2012, and if so, some reaonable estimate of what quarter. FCS was very professional and courteous with my inquiry. As my dealer could not verify the quarter or priority queue of my order, I had concerns. My inquiry to FCS started with my concerns about the Ford order fufillment process, not my dealer. So after sharing my concerns with FCS, they responded with several phone calls that day as they gathered information on the order. Ironically, I was at the Dallas Auto Show for a special Boss 302 media event when the calls started coming from FCS. I asked the contact I spoke with to talk to Deysha, who officed in the same area as the rep who was handling my inquiry since Deysha had the inside scoop on information. As we have seen in various blogs, it seems the Zone Reps hold the key to the build schedule, and that is who my FCS contact got her information from. I do know that FCS follows through the with the dealerhip because I got called by the sales manager at the dealer to hear my concerns, and my salesman who I have a 30+year relationship with called me later in the day and gave me the same information as the FCS representative. He said when you call FCS, the issue goes "through the system" very fast! Now we'll just have to see how this plays out...
Old 4/16/11, 01:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 68asedan
My Boss is on order from Sam Pack's 5 Star Ford in Carrollton - Placed order January 3. Got a PM response from Deysha that I am in the queue, and am promised similar delivery as Jza1736 - A separate inquiry from FCS yielded build end April with delivery early May.
What did you order from them? They currently have a CO Boss with all options sitting on the lot. I checked it out yesterday.
Old 4/16/11, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Jason,
Yes, I called FCS to confirm that my order was legitimate and that I would be getting a Boss in 2012, and if so, some reaonable estimate of what quarter. FCS was very professional and courteous with my inquiry. As my dealer could not verify the quarter or priority queue of my order, I had concerns. My inquiry to FCS started with my concerns about the Ford order fufillment process, not my dealer. So after sharing my concerns with FCS, they responded with several phone calls that day as they gathered information on the order. Ironically, I was at the Dallas Auto Show for a special Boss 302 media event when the calls started coming from FCS. I asked the contact I spoke with to talk to Deysha, who officed in the same area as the rep who was handling my inquiry since Deysha had the inside scoop on information. As we have seen in various blogs, it seems the Zone Reps hold the key to the build schedule, and that is who my FCS contact got her information from. I do know that FCS follows through the with the dealerhip because I got called by the sales manager at the dealer to hear my concerns, and my salesman who I have a 30+year relationship with called me later in the day and gave me the same information as the FCS representative. He said when you call FCS, the issue goes "through the system" very fast! Now we'll just have to see how this plays out...
That is pretty much the same thing that happened to me. FCS was very professional and didn't understand why I didn't have any build info. Hopefully all ends well.
Old 4/16/11, 03:21 PM

Jared,
Mine is performance white with Recaros and Torsen...car cover and mats. I'll call my salesman and get the skinny.
Rusty
Old 4/16/11, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

Jared,
Mine is performance white with Recaros and Torsen...car cover and mats. I'll call my salesman and get the skinny.
Rusty
I can't hide from you can I Rusty?
Old 4/17/11, 06:56 AM

I did call FCS In Feb. when conversations with the dealer started to raise suspicions that the relationship was different. I figured they just didn't want to be bothered and when the order was pulled they would call. So I decided to call FCS and everything seemed legit and the order was on an unscheduled material hold and they were very nice and considerate. Then I saw where Deysha was helping other members with their orders, so I sent her a PM in March just to verify. She quickly responded and confirmed the order was on a material hold and may not be scheduled for another week or 2 and to keep checking with her weekly for updates. I thought I had done everything possible to verify this order was moving right along.

Don
Old 4/17/11, 10:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by gt76
I did call FCS In Feb. when conversations with the dealer started to raise suspicions that the relationship was different. I figured they just didn't want to be bothered and when the order was pulled they would call. So I decided to call FCS and everything seemed legit and the order was on an unscheduled material hold and they were very nice and considerate. Then I saw where Deysha was helping other members with their orders, so I sent her a PM in March just to verify. She quickly responded and confirmed the order was on a material hold and may not be scheduled for another week or 2 and to keep checking with her weekly for updates. I thought I had done everything possible to verify this order was moving right along.

Don
Sounds just like what happened to me, hopefully things keep moving.
Old 4/19/11, 10:14 PM
GT Member

So I talked to my salesman and the sales manager, I'm still not getting any answers and they still maintain that Ford canceled the order, probably because of materials and holds and stuff, "paint or something". I still don't see Ford outright canceling an order on a Laguna Seca because of paint (which we know isn't the reason anyway).

So I called up Ford customer service. All that guy did for me was call the dealer and get back to me with "it's because of the tsunami in Japan and the paint". I asked him if that just what the dealership told him and he said yeah, and that "they would know why it was canceled". Well I don't see how that's helpful if all they're going to do is talk to the dealership which I can do perfectly well myself. And all I've been being told is that they don't know why it was canceled, and they try to leverage the shortages of stuff in the news as possible answers, then they just go tell Ford customer service that yeah that's what it was.

I feel I've been more than fair during this whole thing, and now I'm starting to get upset. The dealer claimed Ford canceled the order and they don't know why. I call Ford and they just call the dealer??? What am I supposed to do now? I've pretty much accepted I'm not getting a car from them, but I still want answers, is that too much?

The real tragedy is that I actually like my salesman, but this just isn't working out with this dealer.
Old 4/19/11, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like somebody isn't being upfront about something here. I'd be irritated as well if it were me.
Old 4/20/11, 05:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RixterGT
The real tragedy is that I actually like my salesman, but this just isn't working out with this dealer.
Don't trust salesman 100%, the good ones make you feel "like" a friend.

Remember it's not about being friends or "like them", it's a business transaction, Friends don't charge MSRP or gouge with ADM's.
Old 4/20/11, 05:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Honestly from the way the dealer is acting, it sounds like they found someone willing to pay more than you and sold it to them. Either that or they sold you a car without having the allocation and then had to cancel when they couldn't get it. Either way it's a bunch of bullsh*t. Not sure if you have talked to Deysha or not, but she seems to know more than most of the FCS people about this stuff as well as more willing to tell us exactly what it is.
Old 4/20/11, 06:35 AM

Rixter GT, I just asked for my deposit back from those clowns at Mike Shad. I found a May build with delivery in June from a real dealer who treats me like a real person and not a peice of meat at MSRP. I'm sure those clowns found someone willing to pay over MSRP. Still waiting to hear from Deysha on how I could get moved back from Q1 to Q3.

Don
Old 4/20/11, 06:36 AM
Bullitt Member

have a buddy call the dealership and ask if they are getting a Laguna Seca and that he is willing to pay a mark-up for it. That should give you the true answer!!!!
Old 4/20/11, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Don't trust salesman 100%, the good ones make you feel "like" a friend.

Remember it's not about being friends or "like them", it's a business transaction, Friends don't charge MSRP or gouge with ADM's.
That's true, and I try to keep that in mind, especially since I have no prior experience with this dealer.

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Honestly from the way the dealer is acting, it sounds like they found someone willing to pay more than you and sold it to them. Either that or they sold you a car without having the allocation and then had to cancel when they couldn't get it. Either way it's a bunch of bullsh*t. Not sure if you have talked to Deysha or not, but she seems to know more than most of the FCS people about this stuff as well as more willing to tell us exactly what it is.
I have been talking with Deysha, so I'm hoping she can get me more information.

Rixter GT, I just asked for my deposit back from those clowns at Mike Shad. I found a May build with delivery in June from a real dealer who treats me like a real person and not a peice of meat at MSRP. I'm sure those clowns found someone willing to pay over MSRP. Still waiting to hear from Deysha on how I could get moved back from Q1 to Q3.

Don
Nice, glad to hear it, I think I'm in the same position of looking for one again, or wait until next year.

Originally Posted by smbstyle
have a buddy call the dealership and ask if they are getting a Laguna Seca and that he is willing to pay a mark-up for it. That should give you the true answer!!!!
Haha, I actually had a co-worker suggest that too.
Old 4/20/11, 10:08 AM

I did last Friday and the clown told my buddy he could sell my car to him after I found out I was moved back and would probably want my deposit refunded. The clown was right, I did just that.
Old 4/20/11, 02:15 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RixterGT
FYI, I in no way mean for this to reflect badly on Deysha, who has been great in answering my questions and is currently helping me figure out what's going on.
Thank you Landon. BTW I am looking into this for you. I will get back to you soon.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 4/21/11 at 08:47 AM.
Old 4/20/11, 02:31 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Don
I sent you a PM today Don.

Deysha
Old 4/21/11, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha,
just sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: My order was cancelled...