Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures??

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/11, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures??

First post...

I've always had red sports cars (inc. my 1987 GT 5.0 and my present 2006 GT), but the latest issue of Motor Trend and Car & Driver sparked something in me (could have been the glowing reviews and great pix) and I'm thinking about ordering a Blaze Yellow 2012 Boss.

In Motor Trend, the Blaze Yellow looks "darker" almost like the old grabber orange.

The pace car (picture attached..I think..I haven't posted in a forum since I got my 06 GT) is definitely more yellow. The Ford official site is more gold??

Anyway, I've done a lot of searches on various forums / galleries (including this one) and would appriciate any comments / "new" photos of Blaze Yellow to help me decide on the color. Race Red is sweet, but Blaze Yellow has really caught my eye.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures??-paceboss1-640x425.jpg  
Old 4/13/11, 04:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gd2006gt
Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures?
Yes

Don't know if you saw the pics here, it is not bright yellow but I still like it.

https://themustangsource.com/f813/00...?highlight=006
Old 4/13/11, 04:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Its not your imagination. In a lot of the pics I've seen it looks more gold, then in others a pale yellow and I didn't really care for it much. Then about a week ago I saw some pics of one on ebay inside a showroom and wow! It looked bright yellow, and I really liked it.

I think its just one of those colors that is hard to capture the true essence with a camera and you have to see it in person (which I haven't yet).
Old 4/13/11, 05:16 PM

i did see up close. it is gold
Old 4/13/11, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed! The BY is kind of like the Grabber Blue, the color looks a little different depending on the light and the camera used.

My Charger I had was TorRed color (very bright red), and it looked orange in many pictures I took!
Old 4/13/11, 05:47 PM

Yes, and it even looks different under different lighting in person. In some instances it has some brownish tones. In others its more brightish yellow. Its definitely not a straight Grabber Orange or the old Boss School Bus Yellow. Its an interesting color and I think over looked for the Boss. I've only seen one YB GT in the sun light, a few months ago, and in a large parking lot from 100 yards away, it caught my attention. I knew the color instantly even though I'd never seen it even in pics, just as an option for the upcoming Boss.
Old 4/13/11, 05:49 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Under some artificial light it is really, really gold. Of all the colors I have seen Blaze Yellow seems to have the most variability under different shades of light.

If it weren't for the fact that CO is just so AWESOME a color, I would have ordered BY.
Old 4/13/11, 06:51 PM

My first post too...

I really wanted a Boss in the BY but once seeing it in the sunlight in person I really didn't care for it. Definitely not a yellow-yellow.

So...I'm flying one-way to Florida from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a week to visit an Uncle. But will be driving back in a CO Boss #342!

I learned to drive in the same Uncles 1970 GTO with a 400 and my Dads 1969 S-code (390) Mach 1. First car was that Mach 1, second car was a 1973 Firebird Trans-Am with a 455. Used to get paid to wrench on a '68 Camero SCCA A-Sedan. Built many small block race engines for that car.

Ford got right to this 55 year old ex Muscle Car owner!

Good luck with your choice, they really are all good!
Old 4/13/11, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

First post...

I've always had red sports cars (inc. my 1987 GT 5.0 and my present 2006 GT), but the latest issue of Motor Trend and Car & Driver sparked something in me (could have been the glowing reviews and great pix) and I'm thinking about ordering a Blaze Yellow 2012 Boss.

In Motor Trend, the Blaze Yellow looks "darker" almost like the old grabber orange.

The pace car (picture attached..I think..I haven't posted in a forum since I got my 06 GT) is definitely more yellow. The Ford official site is more gold??

Anyway, I've done a lot of searches on various forums / galleries (including this one) and would appriciate any comments / "new" photos of Blaze Yellow to help me decide on the color. Race Red is sweet, but Blaze Yellow has really caught my eye.

Thanks.
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...ss-302-lineup/
Old 4/14/11, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yellow Blaze = Grabber Orange with Yellow Pearl Clearcoat ...
Old 4/14/11, 05:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Looks more school bus colored to me....
Old 4/14/11, 07:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ronin38
Agreed! The BY is kind of like the Grabber Blue, the color looks a little different depending on the light and the camera used.

My Charger I had was TorRed color (very bright red), and it looked orange in many pictures I took!
Yellow Blaze always looks different in sunlight vs. cloudy, and conditions in between, whether in person or photo. IMO, Yellow Blaze looks fantastic in sunlight, especially offset with black stripes. Grabber Blue always looks the same (looks great) in all conditions in person. However, Grabber Blue in many photos looks lighter. Below is a photo that looks true to color, not lighter.

Old 4/14/11, 07:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
Yellow Blaze always looks different in sunlight vs. cloudy, and conditions in between, whether in person or photo. IMO, Yellow Blaze looks fantastic in sunlight, especially offset with black stripes. Grabber Blue always looks the same (looks great) in all conditions in person. However, Grabber Blue in many photos looks lighter. Below is a photo that looks true to color, not lighter.

Grabber is sooo close to azure...:

Old 4/14/11, 12:02 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments and photo's. Looks like I'm going the Blaze Yellow route!
Old 4/14/11, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks everyone for your comments and photo's. Looks like I'm going the Blaze Yellow route!
Follow the YELLOW BRICK ROAD!
Old 4/14/11, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Barricade
Grabber is sooo close to azure...:
It's not...wait until you see them side by side.
Old 4/14/11, 12:25 PM
Cobra R Member

The wagon has been broke
Old 4/14/11, 01:02 PM
Cobra R Member

I would love to have a bright yellow color, since that is not possible I went with this and I am happy with it. It is hard to tell by pictures, seeing the car everyday I can tell you it is yellow. Under some extreme lighting conditions it does have a goldish tint but never looks gold-gold. Under some real low light conditions you may think it had some orange tint to it.

In any case they are not overwhelming, it is still yellow. Over at boss302.com it was a way more popular color even if they were way fewer votes. Yellow is a color you love or not but when you think or the original Boss it is the color that pops into your head, it is one of the original colors raced on the car if not the most popular color raced. You also see yellow on Boss memorabilia, die-cast, posters, etc. more then any other color.
Attached Thumbnails Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures??-cimg1038.jpg  
Old 4/14/11, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to picwhore, just any chance to show off:

It has a lot of pearl in it, so its very dependant on the lighting:

Sunlight (afternoon):

Sunlight (sunset, early):

Overcast:

Artificial Light, single point:

Sidelit, from other side, afternoon:

In shade, sunny day:
Old 4/14/11, 04:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Killer pics, I saw your car parked at the Night Event...I should have tried to track you down. I left just after Tage's car became a fireball

Quick Reply: Is it my imagination or does the Blaze Yellow look different in various pictures??