Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

MRT Boss LS video

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/11, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MRT Boss LS video

Someone posted these videos on another forum but hadn't seen them here.

http://www.youtube.com/MRTcars#p/a/u/1/6zVbO25VhMY
http://www.youtube.com/MRTcars#p/a/u/0/yL50zApdQ24

Although Scott's exhaust system sounds good, I don't know how it would compare to the Boss with the side exhaust opened up. I haven't heard mine from outside the car so I have no idea if his exhaust sounds better or not.

What I do find interesting is the way the LS looks in the second video. I love the stance and the way it looks without the red accents.
Old 4/16/11, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

why doesnt that car have a red roof?? It looks much better IMHO with black, i noticed the plate has an M doesnt that menas it is a manufacturer car?
Old 4/16/11, 05:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
why doesnt that car have a red roof?? It looks much better IMHO with black, i noticed the plate has an M doesnt that menas it is a manufacturer car?
Or red mirrors, spoiler, and grill surround. They obviously changed it.
Old 4/16/11, 05:34 PM

That's disappointing. To each his own.
Old 4/16/11, 05:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by s197ford
I didn't think you'd like that, especially the exhaust. Don't worry I won't be changing my exhaust. I had a chance to hear one last week and stock I thought it sounded very nice. Maybe open up the discs to 1/2" for the street.
Old 4/16/11, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

i wondr if they removed the restrictors for that before vid, i bet they didnt to make thiers sound more aggressive.
Old 4/16/11, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

i wondr if they removed the restrictors for that before vid, i bet they didnt to make thiers sound more aggressive.
I agree, I don't think they removed them. Unless there is a horsepower gain, I'm not sure why you would change out the exhaust. You can tune it to sound anyway you want it.

I guess you could save some weight by changing out the exhaust if you were really that concerned about it.
Old 4/16/11, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s197ford
I'm absolutely addicted to the stock exhaust sans the discs. I didn't understand the purpose of changing it the way they did at all. That looked to be one of those mods that costs money but takes you backward.
Old 4/16/11, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No, the discs were definitely in during the first vid. I couldn't even tell the engine was running when he initially pulled out. Not only that, my son picked up on the fact that the audio wasn't picking up in the first vid and he runs the audio for the high school performances. He thinks it was probably intentional.

Last edited by cloud9; 4/16/11 at 06:34 PM. Reason: sp
Old 4/16/11, 06:39 PM
Cobra Member

yeah i call shennangans on the vid
Old 4/16/11, 06:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Going to have to echo C9's comments about the exhaust comparison.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the red grille surround and spoiler!

Sure looks GREAT without the 4x4 wheelgap, though!!!
Old 4/16/11, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Going to have to echo C9's comments about the exhaust comparison.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the red grille surround and spoiler!

Sure looks GREAT without the 4x4 wheelgap, though!!!
Yea I don't get what they deleted and what they left. I'd probably go with all black wheels before ditching the other red accents. To me it's an all or nothing package. Go with the total color scheme or go stealth all black. Now it just looks like a black car with stickers on the side and red wheels that don't belong.

He kept talking about getting it on the track. While I like the lowered look, I'd have rather seen them put it on the track stock, then re-test afterward to find out if it lowered lap times. It was really sketchy the way he tried to describe the "feel" and whether it handled or not. I wasn't buying it AT ALL!
Old 4/16/11, 09:56 PM
GT Member

Scott Hoag is a former SVT engineer at Ford and the organizer/sponser of the late model exhibition race at the Tulsa Mid-America Shelby Meet. He does know how to get a car around a track!

That said, I will be bending his ear quite a bit come June about the handling changes resulting from the different springs, etc......

Whether I'ld change the exhaust or not, I don't know yet. But, personally, I might buy different mirrors, spoiler and grille like that just to get rid of the red accents; the wheels/tires are off as soon as it gets home!
Old 4/17/11, 07:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200
Scott Hoag is a former SVT engineer at Ford and the organizer/sponser of the late model exhibition race at the Tulsa Mid-America Shelby Meet. He does know how to get a car around a track!

That said, I will be bending his ear quite a bit come June about the handling changes resulting from the different springs, etc......

Whether I'ld change the exhaust or not, I don't know yet. But, personally, I might buy different mirrors, spoiler and grille like that just to get rid of the red accents; the wheels/tires are off as soon as it gets home!
I'm not questioning his ability to get a car around a track. I'd just want more to go by than a couple blasts down a curving interstate ramp before tearing into the tuned Boss suspension which included extensive development and testing including on the track. Outside of the improved look of lowering the car, I'd want a baseline of comparison. They modded the suspension with 35 miles on it so I'm not sure what kind of comparison you'd have. It's not that I don't think the performance could be improved by switching to race proven suspension parts, I'd just want to know what I'm getting for the tradeoff in NVH and cost. (i.e. how many seconds can I shave off average lap times) There's probably more involved than just higher spring rate lowering springs. I assume it also requires an adj UCA or torque arm, along with adj LCAs and relo brackets to correct the geometry of the lowered car. Find out as much as you can in June!
Old 4/17/11, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Or red mirrors, spoiler, and grill surround. They obviously changed it.
I like the black or white roof on the "regular" Boss I think this one looks good lose the mirrors and red grill piece it may have looked good keeping the red roof but I do like it.
Old 4/17/11, 08:58 AM
GT Member

I'm glad I got to see it in all black. Now I know I like the red/black combo. It looks plain in all black.
Old 4/17/11, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BossLS
I'm glad I got to see it in all black. Now I know I like the red/black combo. It looks plain in all black.
+1

After seeing that car, I like the car the way it comes from the factory a lot better.
Old 4/17/11, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
+1

After seeing that car, I like the car the way it comes from the factory a lot better.
i like the blakc and red, the only things i am not a huge fan of are the grill and the spoiler. i liek the red roof, but the one in that vid is plain i will agree. it looks liek a clone, which is liekly exactly what it is. a pre-production prototype.
Old 4/17/11, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I also like the red accents on the LS. I am hoping Ford increases the production number of Boss LS in model year 2013. I think red on black just looks Boss !
Old 4/17/11, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Did any one notice the miss shift in video 1? He hit 3rd when going for 5th while getting onto the highway. I wounder if the short shifter helped with some of the vagueness in the stock shifter?

The second thing that jump out at me was, Holy High Oil Pressure Batman! 90psi at 2000 rpm????
I would have expected 20 -30 psi at 2000 rpm. That seems way to high.

Last edited by MJockey; 4/17/11 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: MRT Boss LS video