2012-2013 BOSS 302

More interesting info

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/11 | 09:00 PM
FR500 Member

More interesting info

So I was just getting around to going through some of the papers etc. that came with my car. In addition to finding out more about the Commit number, I also found a work order inside the large white envelope that was on the passenger seat when I took delivery. Inside was a Work Order which appears to detail what was happening to my car after it left the line. For those of you whose cars disappeared into Area 51, there might be some clues to be found on your sheet if you have it.

My car came off of the line May 19th.
It received its stripes, rear blackout panel and faux gas cap on the 22nd.
It had a strut cap, the right side pipe, and splitter installed on the 26th.
It received its 'white label' i.e. was cleared to go, on the 26th.

What else happened with your cars?
Attached Thumbnails More interesting info-factory-work-order.jpg  
Old 7/6/11 | 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I never got that
Old 7/6/11 | 10:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

We'll see if mine has that document. Mine had a "stop ship" placed on it and was then "returned to plant" for a couple of days. I wonder if something was missing, there was something mechanically wrong with my car, or if a lot jockey scratched it. Anyway I should know in a little over a week.

I contacted FCS and a case was opened. Mine only spent one day at ramp 5P and was then on it's way out West. Not sure if the case had anything to do with it but it moved out of ramp 5P much faster than I expected.
Old 7/6/11 | 10:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
We'll see if mine has that document. Mine had a "stop ship" placed on it and was then "returned to plant" for a couple of days. I wonder if something was missing, there was something mechanically wrong with my car, or if a lot jockey scratched it. Anyway I should know in a little over a week.

I contacted FCS and a case was opened. Mine only spent one day at ramp 5P and was then on it's way out West. Not sure if the case had anything to do with it but it moved out of ramp 5P much faster than I expected.
You could tell the dealer to keep it etc, but if they are like the local idiots here they won't listen
Old 7/6/11 | 11:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
You could tell the dealer to keep it etc, but if they are like the local idiots here they won't listen
I talked to my dealer earlier today and just sent them an email requesting them to save all documentation for the car. They are excited to see their only Boss allocation for MY 2012 and I'm pretty sure they'll get it right.
Old 7/6/11 | 11:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I talked to my dealer earlier today and just sent them an email requesting them to save all documentation for the car. They are excited to see their only Boss allocation for MY 2012 and I'm pretty sure they'll get it right.
Too bad the dealer that the CD was full of clueless mules