Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire Video

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/12, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire Video

This is a video done by MT. My Son was one of the testers at this event and that is why he insisted I put these tires on my BOSS after only 150 miles of use. Take a look at the video.

Old 9/13/12, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I would have bought these if I knew about them
Old 9/13/12, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoushF150
This is a video done by MT. My Son was one of the testers at this event and that is why he insisted I put these tires on my BOSS after only 150 miles of use. Take a look at the video.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLBFVzLDdAs
Been underwhelmed by the Bridgestone's softer sidewall and "bounce" might check these out instead of returning to P-Zeros. Who deals in MT in Ontario?
Old 9/14/12, 07:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Been underwhelmed by the Bridgestone's softer sidewall and "bounce" might check these out instead of returning to P-Zeros. Who deals in MT in Ontario?
If you go to Blackstock Ford (Dave Gauthier 519-941-5431) they will get you a FREE Mickey Thompson Street Comp T-Shirt as well as treat you right.
Old 9/14/12, 09:20 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Resolution78
I would have bought these if I knew about them
you think their BETTER track tires than the BFG Sport Comp-2?
...interesting....
Old 9/18/12, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

This video has been removed by the user.
Old 9/18/12, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

Here is the updated version.

Old 9/18/12, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

yay for San Antonio, 7th largest and lamest city in the USA!
Old 9/19/12, 07:04 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm interested in buying a set. Did someone send me an email? Can't seem to find it.
Old 9/19/12, 07:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
I'm interested in buying a set. Did someone send me an email? Can't seem to find it.
Look at a few posts up and you will see a contact at Blackstock Ford. He can get them in one day.
Old 9/19/12, 10:45 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Who represented the Brand X tires?
Old 9/20/12, 06:52 PM
GT Member

Well from that one video i call BS. That mustang came with M&S year around tires.They didn't test against summer only Pirelli or put them up against some goodyear eagle F1 suppercar G2 tire. Still need to see them on a real car that on a real track than talk that person to find out the real story on them . Sorry if i'am being a A-ss but that what in think .
Old 9/21/12, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 300AGT
Well from that one video i call BS. That mustang came with M&S year around tires.They didn't test against summer only Pirelli or put them up against some goodyear eagle F1 suppercar G2 tire. Still need to see them on a real car that on a real track than talk that person to find out the real story on them . Sorry if i'am being a A-ss but that what in think .
The test cars did not have factory tires for the comparison. Wet test was against Brand X and dry test was against Brand B#@.
Old 9/25/12, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 300AGT
From my post at BMO, but no track time on them yet.

I had a set of M/T Street Comp tires installed. Stock sizes on stock rims. The bottom line is they are a great street tire. I was a little skeptical at first since the rubber compound feels "harder" to the touch than both the stock Pirelli and the Hankook V12's I've run in the past on my Boss 302. The tires are non-directional so they can be rotated side to side, have a tread wear rating of 300, and are rated to 186 MPH.

I've had them on for a few days now and the traction is excellent (AA). I have a certain 270* freeway on-ramp on the way to work that I can hit pretty hard and these tires really hooked up around the corner. Straight line traction is great as well. In all instances they are as good or better than the Hankooks that I removed to install these M/T's, with a slightly higher tread wear rating.

Mounting and road force balancing was done at Custom Alignment in Mtn View, CA. This shop is my favorite place to get tires mounted since they have very nice equipment that won't scratch the wheels, the road force balancing is a very nice feature, and the owner is a supporter of the Nor Cal Shelby Club. The technician who mounted the tires commented on how the road force balance on the tires is the best he's ever seen. They are very easy to balance right "out of the box." By contrast we had to rotate or clock the tires on the rims 2 to 3 times with the Hankooks before we were satisfied with them.

It will be Thanksgiving before I get a chance to take them to the track, and truth be told M/T is not marketing these as a track tire. However I am confident/hopeful they will perform well at the track. One advantage of being able to rotate side to side is some tracks really eat of one side or the other and you can address that.

If anyone has any questions I am happy to answer as best I can. In the interest of full disclosure, I did not have to pay for these tires. I was asked to evaluate them and post up my impressions on the forum good or bad. I was asked to write that "they suck" if they in fact sucked!
Old 9/26/12, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Fat Boss,

How do I get to test a set of those tires? I'll tell the truth.I have a couple of track days coming up and my car is a DD.
Old 9/27/12, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SoCalBoss302
Fat Boss,

How do I get to test a set of those tires? I'll tell the truth.I have a couple of track days coming up and my car is a DD.
If the guy asks me for another tester I'll PM you.
Old 9/28/12, 10:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RoushF150

Look at a few posts up and you will see a contact at Blackstock Ford. He can get them in one day.
Thanks.