Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

LS on Fleabay...just wow

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/11, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Yeah that and maybe a 2007 GT500 with only 5000 ADM. A steal when some bosses have a 30000 ADM
Ugh, that reminds me of the first dealership I spoke to once I decided to buy a Boss. They had an orange car with the Recaros/Torsen inbound this month. They told me over the phone they'd sell me it at MSRP and to come by to discuss pricing and my trade-in (which I'm now selling outright). They low balled me on the trade, as expected, and I walked out. They promised me they'd get the deal done (this was a Friday).

They called me the next day with another low ball offer which I declined. They then called me again on Monday to tell me the car was sold. Then they called me Tuesday to tell me that the car had a $5000 ADM.

I politely declined and then I got the whole "well, you won't find one without a markup as these are very limited run cars, blah blah blah" line.

Sigh.

Of course, had I not gone through this, I doubt I would have happened across a very polite and professional dealership who is selling me the LS at MSRP.
Old 3/27/11, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took me about a week back in Feb. Local dealer wanted 10 over sticker and then wanted to deal for 5 over--I chuckled. Just happened to call another one in the region and got their first allocation for MSRP when I put a deposit down immediately. I'd imagine it'd be much harder to find a 2012 at this point, but I've seen people on some forums already getting in line for 2013's.
Old 3/27/11, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus

Ugh, that reminds me of the first dealership I spoke to once I decided to buy a Boss. They had an orange car with the Recaros/Torsen inbound this month. They told me over the phone they'd sell me it at MSRP and to come by to discuss pricing and my trade-in (which I'm now selling outright). They low balled me on the trade, as expected, and I walked out. They promised me they'd get the deal done (this was a Friday).

They called me the next day with another low ball offer which I declined. They then called me again on Monday to tell me the car was sold. Then they called me Tuesday to tell me that the car had a $5000 ADM.

I politely declined and then I got the whole "well, you won't find one without a markup as these are very limited run cars, blah blah blah" line.

Sigh.

Of course, had I not gone through this, I doubt I would have happened across a very polite and professional dealership who is selling me the LS at MSRP.
Some dealers are real slimeballs! It's so hard to trust them when the slime seems to outweigh the good
Old 3/27/11, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

I do love all the cars on fleabay with ADM s have 0 bids! I hope they all get stuck with them!! In this economy, they should be happy that people want to spend almost 50000 on a car. Not try and gouge them for more money
Old 3/27/11, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer still has a 2009 red kr on their lot. Price? - $80k

What does that tell me?

They're stuck on cost of maintaining that Shelby and it's just money sitting there with no interest income or gain whatsoever.

Last edited by project_v6; 3/27/11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 3/27/11, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
I do love all the cars on fleabay with ADM s have 0 bids! I hope they all get stuck with them!! In this economy, they should be happy that people want to spend almost 50000 on a car. Not try and gouge them for more money
Agreed. We can talk about history and low production until we're blue in the face but that fact is we're paying Corvette money for a live-axle Mustang (albeit a very fast one) and I have a hard time believing that the demand will be as high as these dealers expect over the life of their production.
Old 3/27/11, 09:14 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Nccstud
Based on what I've seen around on forums too, it depends on what part of the country you are in and if ADMs are common on specialty cars in that area. Well, that and how well informed certain dealers are makes a huge difference too. You get some dealers that see special edition, they google it, look at the first link they find, then put a $20k markup on it and call it a day since it's "limited".
Back in November the dealer closest to my home, the same one with the $40K on the KR, told me they couldn't take a deposit on a Boss because "we don't know how much the cars are going to cost, for all we know we could have a $100K markup on the cars". I swear on my mother's grave that's what the GSM told me. Needless to say I'll never being buying a car there. Later the salesman told me to never buy a car at that dealer. The sales guy makes his money by selling cars and he knew I was serious and that I would have bought the car from him. With a dealer attitude like that the sales guy is probably starving to death.
Old 3/27/11, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
You're too "young" to understand his points on the GT500 being an '11 owner
1) Those of us that jumped in when it was launched were faced with a pent-up demand for high hp muscle cars where the supply was limited to basically one car, the GT500. Today, the GT500 is competing with several flavors of high performance Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros, not to mention the CTS-V.

2) $20-$30k ADMs were the norm for the first year unless you owned a dealership.

3) I am on my 3rd clutch and 2nd transmission. If you were as interested in the legacy of these old racers as your car, you could Google GT500 clutch TSBs and it would keep you busy for a week.

To be honest, I like my GT500 and put a lot of money and effort into making it better. I am not a big racing spectator, but love to participate in track events. I know very little about either Carroll Shelby or Parnelli Jones. No disrespect to either man, but I own two really awesome Ford Mustangs. One is a GT500 and the other a Boss 302. Oh, and I don't have a signed anything on my GT500, other than the two guys that assembled the motor.
1. Too "young" to understand. I've never been told that. I guess you're saying I'm a newborn as opposed to a four year old since I have a 2011. He didn't make any points worth noting.

2. The car was being released again after a 37 year absence, of course they were going to be priced higher. They have every right to set the price for what they sell. Did anyone actually think that dealers were going to sell them at the SUGGESTED? That's just foolish. Oh and I'm trying to remember who set the MSRP...hmmm thinking...thinking... Oh yeah the manufacturer.

3. Oh no you're 3rd clutch and 2nd tranny, cry me a river. First of all, that's not Carroll Shelby's fault, the 500's are built by Ford. Second, it's a Mustang and who here on this site believed when they bought their Stang. Thought, it will be perfect, forever. If you did, welcome to reality. Third, that's what Mustang means in Spanish, "put a lot of money into it"

"I wanna go fast"

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 3/27/11 at 09:40 AM.
Old 3/27/11, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Back in November the dealer closest to my home, the same one with the $40K on the KR, told me they couldn't take a deposit on a Boss because "we don't know how much the cars are going to cost, for all we know we could have a $100K markup on the cars". I swear on my mother's grave that's what the GSM told me. Needless to say I'll never being buying a car there. Later the salesman told me to never buy a car at that dealer. The sales guy makes his money by selling cars and he knew I was serious and that I would have bought the car from him. With a dealer attitude like that the sales guy is probably starving to death.
I love dealership hyperbole. Ford is building 4000 of them, not 40.
Old 3/27/11, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I love dealership hyperbole. Ford is building 4000 of them, not 40.
I had another dealer quote me a $25K AMD. I laughed and hung up on them.
Old 3/27/11, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Oh no you're 3rd clutch and 2nd tranny, cry me a river.
He's not crying a river about it. He's talking about your previous comment of "I don't know which GT500 you're trying to say has flywheel issues and grinding trans, I guess I got one of the good ones out of 5500, lucky me yay". So he's giving an example that they do actually have those problems.

First of all, that's not Carroll Shelby's fault, the 500's are built by Ford.
He never blamed anyone for anything. He actually said he knew nothing about either of them..
Old 3/27/11, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I had another dealer quote me a $25K AMD. I laughed and hung up on them.
Ford really should apply pressure to reel these dealers in. They reflect poorly on the brand.

Ford realizes that it's not enough to compete with the Germans on paper. People expect quality and that extends beyond interior materials and panel fitment; it's part of the buying and service experience and as long as they allow delusional dealerships to jerk their customers around, it's going to continue to tarnish the public view of Ford as a whole.
Old 3/27/11, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nccstud
He's not crying a river about it. He's talking about your previous comment of "I don't know which GT500 you're trying to say has flywheel issues and grinding trans, I guess I got one of the good ones out of 5500, lucky me yay". So he's giving an example that they do actually have those problems.

He never blamed anyone for anything. He actually said he knew nothing about either of them..
You can't make a blanket statement like that, like you're doing right now. I'm not saying he's blaming Shelby, I'm saying DON'T.

"I wanna go fast"
Old 3/27/11, 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

Old 3/27/11, 10:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
Only $20 g's over retail!?!? What a bunch of BS.
I think you mean "What a bargain!"

Old 3/27/11, 12:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Agree. If anyone wants to talk about the Boss, I just wrote up a review after my first few days: http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...irst-few-days/

I'd love to get your feedback and field any questions.
Old 3/27/11, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cloud9
Agree. If anyone wants to talk about the Boss, I just wrote up a review after my first few days: http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...irst-few-days/

I'd love to get your feedback and field any questions.
I do. What do you get on the Boss for the 11000 over 5.0 base?

"I wanna go fast"
Old 3/27/11, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

"I wanna go fast"
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2012mustangboss/
Old 3/27/11, 12:31 PM

Decals. It's the decals that make it go fast.
Old 3/27/11, 12:35 PM
Banned

You linked me to a sweet ride, the 2012 ford focus.

"I wanna go fast"

Quick Reply: LS on Fleabay...just wow