Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Lopey Idle Not Working w/ TracKey

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/13, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lopey Idle Not Working w/ TracKey

Hey guys,

My TracKey has worked perfectly except for the fact that I have not seen or heard my Lopey Idle kick in. I've followed the instructions to a T I thought, but nothing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Please help, I really want the feature.
Old 4/19/13, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Then it's not working perfectly.
Old 4/19/13, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the help, pal.
Old 4/19/13, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

This is from the Trackey instructions. I am guessing your engine has thrown a code that needs to be taken care of and then the lopey idle will work.

For lopey idle to be enabled, three conditions must first be satisfied. The first condition is that 130 seconds must have elapsed since the engine coolant temperature reached 170 °F (77 °C) while the engine is running. The second condition is that the engine must not currently be idling (Note that it is sufficient just to rev it up in neutral or drive away once the other conditions have been met and lopey idle mode will be enabled). The third condition is that there must be no detected failures of any PCM sensors. Specifically, this means lopey idle will be disabled if any of the following is true:
􏰀 Misfire detected
􏰀 Air charge temperature sensor failure detected
􏰀 Cylinder head temperature sensor failure detected
􏰀 Ignition coil failure detected
􏰀 Crank sensor failure detected
􏰀 Throttle body control failure detected
􏰀 Cam position sensor failure detected
􏰀 Vehicle speed sensor failure detected
􏰀 Accelerator pedal sensor failure detected
􏰀 Mass Air Flow sensor failure detected
If lopey idle is not being enabled because the PCM is detecting misfires, it may be necessary to have your dealer perform a neutral profile learn procedure.
Old 4/26/13, 07:58 PM

Well, I took it back to the dealership today and spent 6 hours there. They ended up having to wipe it all clean and start from scratch, but it worked! The lopey idle isn't as pronounced as I thought it would be, but I do like it. One thing I noticed is that the car drives smoother and the engine braking is even more pronounced than before. Maybe they left some parameters out from the first programming, but I'm glad it all works as it should. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 4/26/13, 11:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear it works now. I have been waiting to get my Track Key, in all honesty, wanted to wait until they got the bugs worked out. Is there a time limit on getting the track key? Probably going to get it sooner than later.

Dave
Old 4/27/13, 12:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RangerDLA
Well, I took it back to the dealership today and spent 6 hours there. They ended up having to wipe it all clean and start from scratch, but it worked! The lopey idle isn't as pronounced as I thought it would be, but I do like it. One thing I noticed is that the car drives smoother and the engine braking is even more pronounced than before. Maybe they left some parameters out from the first programming, but I'm glad it all works as it should. Thanks for the advice guys.
Glad they got it working.

Do you have the factory baffles in? The Lopey is more noticeable for me with them out.

Engine breaking and throttle response are the biggest differences I feel.
Old 4/27/13, 05:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Great to hear they got it fixed for you. Last night, I was at a stop light when the Boss switched to Lopey Idle. I was surprised by difference. Prior it had only turned on when I was moving and I would have said it was not that pronounced. Enjoy the Trackey!
Old 4/27/13, 07:43 AM

Yes, taking the discs out was the first thing I did when I bought the car. I don't know if there's a time limit to buy the trackey. I doubt it though.
Old 4/27/13, 08:38 AM
RTD
GT Member

Originally Posted by RangerDLA
There's no parameters to leave out.

If you weren't getting the lopey idle before AND you didn't notice the engine braking on decel, then the dealer did not properly install it the first time. Even though the dash may have said track key enabled, you didn't actually have the track key tune before.
Old 4/27/13, 08:49 AM

That makes sense. You're probably right.