Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Lol met a punk Arse Lotus owner tonight

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/12, 12:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ApexCars
Not saying the guy dissing the Boss wasn't a d*ck, I wasn't there so I don't know but I'm not surprised that he didn't think the Boss was a track car. Up until recently, I never thought of Mustangs as track cars. Most people still don't unless they really read up all types of cars. I know most people, even quite a few Mustang people have no idea what my car is.

Personally, now that they have Toyota engines and trannys I really like Lotus, the Exige way more than the Elise though. Too bad that there is no way I can fit my tall fat body into one. Also, Al's right, im too cheap (or too poor) to buy one and put it on the track.

I do know quite a few people who buy the best handling most powerful version of whatever vehicle and never take it to any track or even really get on it on the road. I know a guy that bought a ZR1 vette as soon as they came back out. He takes it to Covette meets and cruises. He told me that it is really powerful and on one of the trips he got it up to 125. Is he wasting the potential of the car? Yes. Could he tell a difference performance wise between it and a regular Vette the way he drives? No. Would owning a stock Vette or a 2003 Cobra vert make him as happy as owning the ZR1? No way. Sometimes you want the car based on other things than how fast it will potentially go.
I really want an Elise/Exige, the used Exiges were even in the budget for me when I bought the Boss. I have two pretty good friends who have had them, one an Elise, the other an Exige S. They are maybe the most fun cars I have driven on or off the Track but the novelty of them even as a toy car wears off. They have no room, as in when two average sized guys are riding together, your shoulders/arms are touching. These cars are not chick magnets. They may think they are "cute" until they try to get in them. My friend with the Elise had three or four different girlfriends during the time and each one *****ed about that car. The motors and tranmissions are good, but everything else sucks on those cars. In order to get the A/C to cool properly, you have to do extensive mods to the a/c system as well as getting some kind of special window tint. Despite all of this, I still want one, I just didn't want one that bad.

I will let you in on a secret on women and cars. 95% of Women could care less what you drive as long as it is decent, clean and reliable. The 5% that do care are either the rair enthusiast, gold digger, bull dike. If you are buying a car to impress chicks (dumb idea) and you don't want to attract gold diggers, buy a BMW 335i coupe or sedan. All girls know and like those cars because most of them want one, and now you have what they want thus they are more likely to want you.

Women and men always accuse other males of buying sports cars to impress women, lets be honest, we buy the cars we do to impress other men/buddies .

Last edited by bolecailey; 1/11/12 at 02:20 AM.
Old 1/10/12, 12:57 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by bolecailey

Women and men always accuse other males of buying sports cars to impress women, lets be honest, we buy the cars we do to impress other men/buddies .
So, what you're saying is that car guys are closeted gays? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 1/10/12, 01:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
So, what you're saying is that car guys are closeted gays? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Who said I was in the closet? :gay::gay:

In all seriousness, it is like women who cut their hair short, all their girlfriends love it and the guys hate it, they know we don't like it and don't care because their girlfriends like it. Well, atleast they say they like it. I suspect they are really thinking something like "she is better looking than me but not so much now that she chopped her hair off" is going through her head as tells her girlfriend how much she loves her hair. I think womens fashion is a better example though as they wear some **** that guys hate but all the girls love. We tell them we hate it and they ignore us because all their girlfriends wear it and love it. We are the same way with cars. Girls want something nice, pretty, quiet and luxurious. We guys want something loud, fast, big (in the case of trucks), conspicuous, and a rough sporty suspension. We know what kind of car girls like but we ignore that and get what our buddies want.

I just read what I wrote and reached the conclusion that both men and women are closet homsexuals. LOL

Last edited by bolecailey; 1/11/12 at 02:21 AM.
Old 1/10/12, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

He must have been a little dude to fit in that Lotus. Napoleon syndrome?
Old 1/10/12, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I always appreciated the 'biker saying' If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand! There are bumper stickers and T shirts with this saying, usually with a picture of a Harley-Davidson. I have been riding Harley's since '86, when someone tries to compare their Rice Rocket to the look, feel, and performance... I just smile and think of this saying.
Old 1/10/12, 10:28 AM
GT Member

In all seriousness, it is like women who cut their hair short, all there girlfriends love it and the guys hate it, they know we don't like it and don't care because their girlfriends like it.

This tread just went to place where no man should go.

Old 1/10/12, 02:42 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
That guy sounds like a complete loser, better you never see him again. Not all foriegn sports car owners are like that...my neighbor drives a 2001 911Turbo, and she is very cool, and loves my Mustang. In fact, she likes the way my car sounds (with my GT500 exaust) better than her own car. We will be going to the track together later in the year, and I look foward to it.

Last edited by PJRManagement; 2/2/12 at 12:41 PM.
Old 1/10/12, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
That guy sounds like a complete loser, better you never see him again. Not all foriegn sports car owners are like that...my neighbor drives a 2008 911s, and she is very cool, and loves my Mustang. In fact, she likes the way my car sounds (with my GT500 exaust) better than her own car. We will be going to the track together later in the year, and I look foward to it.
bow-chica-bow-bow...
Old 1/10/12, 02:57 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
pics of said neighbor.
Old 1/10/12, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
pics of said neighbor.
omg, looking out window now for flying pigs. i agree with al. reminds me of last time i went to the track, a woman was there driving a lotus ironically and she was smoking hot. my wife wont even come to the track to watch and here's this hottie at the track with her husband in her own track car seriously on the hoon. lucky bastard.
Old 1/10/12, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM

omg, looking out window now for flying pigs. i agree with al. reminds me of last time i went to the track, a woman was there driving a lotus ironically and she was smoking hot. my wife wont even come to the track to watch and here's this hottie at the track with her husband in her own track car seriously on the hoon. lucky bastard.
Das Rite! Does she get bonus hot points because she drives a Porsche?
Old 1/10/12, 03:09 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I'll see what I can do...!!!
Old 1/10/12, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Das Rite! Does she get bonus hot points because she drives a Porsche?
Old 1/10/12, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM

She obviously has money so I guess hotness can be overlooked to a certain degree.
Old 1/10/12, 04:32 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

The motors and tranmissions are good, but everything else sucks on those cars.
To which I would also add superlative suspensions. In the spirit of full disclosure, I previously owned a Lotus, and have driven the Elise (albeit the Rover engined version) on a racetrack in England. And yes, it is a friggin' awesome track car too. Still being a **** is being a ****, all car brands aside.

LOTUS stands for: Lots Of Problems Usually Serious.
Old 1/10/12, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Hell, I owned a 2007 911 and now drive a mustang
Old 1/10/12, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DFV
To which I would also add superlative suspensions. In the spirit of full disclosure, I previously owned a Lotus, and have driven the Elise (albeit the Rover engined version) on a racetrack in England. And yes, it is a friggin' awesome track car too. Still being a **** is being a ****, all car brands aside.

Ah, England........Oops the UK!

I lived there for three years 90 - 93.

Many a fun night at Santa Pod Raceway!!

I drove a 1986 Buick...........Grand National

I can remember getting, oh let’s see; badgered, bedeviled, bugged, disturbed, dogged, driven up a wall, hassled, hounded, irked, messed with, etc, etc by Louts in Lotus, Puffed up Porsche drivers, Crazies in Cosworth’s, etc, etc because I drove the BIG YANK TANK, but once I ran them it was, all “Bloody Hell Mate, that's Brilliant!

And they were all cool with the Yank Tank, beacuse down deep they got. it.......... they were car guys, this guy just doesn’t have a clue…….

Last edited by GT_350; 1/10/12 at 07:57 PM.
Old 1/11/12, 02:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DFV

How could I forget the suspension?
Old 1/11/12, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DFV

You meant "Troubles" ?
Old 1/11/12, 09:01 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by POS VETT
You meant "Troubles" ?
Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I meant to say.

****, I hate it when CRS disease takes over.

CRS = Can't Remember S**t.

Quick Reply: Lol met a punk Arse Lotus owner tonight