Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Lol met a punk Arse Lotus owner tonight

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/12, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol met a punk **** Lotus owner tonight

So I was rolling back into my neighborhood today and noticed a friend of mine down the street had a lotus elise sitting in the drive. Her dad and i had talked cars before and i thought he had picked one up so i stopped by to check it out and invite him to the track. she is recently divorced and it turned out to be a guy she is dating driving the Lotus. so i check the car out a bit while we wait outside for him to come out and say hi and talk cars.

Turns out he is a massive *****. I say nice car man, you ever race it? He guys yeah why you race yours? I said year im at the track at least once a month, tell him about ECR and invite him out. He goes THAT CAR!? You RACE THAT CAR?! and points to the boss sitting there with my daughter in it idling. I said yeah? He goes THAT CAR and points to it again. I would think that car is not ridged enough to race.

i just looked at him and said that car has an 7.5k red line and forged internals, adjustable suspension, and ive surprised more than one GT3 on the track. He goes IN THAT CAR?! im really surprised it can be raced like that, i wouldn't think that car could be. I finally said man, its built for road racing. I told him again to look up the track and check it out, its a lot of fun and left. Some people are such a-holes its not even funny. what i wanted to tel him was ive lapped better drivers than him in an exige S and a elise on more than one track day, but i was nice and just left.

Last edited by ShaneM; 1/8/12 at 06:13 PM.
Old 1/8/12, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

That guy sounds like a douche
Old 1/8/12, 06:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Sounds like the type of guy that buys a Lotus for the name and thinks it's cool. He probably has no idea who Colin Chapman is or of the Lotus history at Indy. You should have asked him if gets the motor serviced at a Toyota dealer.
Old 1/8/12, 06:37 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Luckily not all Lotus owners are such a complete doofus. In my misspent youth I owned a 1971 Lotus Elan +2 S130, and I grew up to own a Boss. Maybe the guy just doesn't know about Ford's new wonder car.
Old 1/8/12, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I like him ... get him to the track and see what happens. He is confident in his car abilities. I bet he doesn't know how to drive it as well as it could be drivin.
Old 1/8/12, 06:43 PM
Cobra Member

idk, i have nothing against lotus. I actually seriously considered a more track focused car and a normal DD for a while before i came to my senses, before that happened i was shopping the elise. he was just a *****, you can have ****** in any enthusiast crowd. i would love to get him on the track though, nothing better for a guy like that than getting his **** handed to him.
Old 1/8/12, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I like him ... get him to the track and see what happens. He is confident in his car abilities. I bet he doesn't know how to drive it as well as it could be drivin.
i doubt seriously he can drive it at all, he never had the car on a track by his own admission. some people think all you need to dominate is a good handling car. that first session at the track is an eye opener. i've seem some very well piloted Lotus exige, elise, miata, and mini cars smoking on the track. It takes a very good driver to put the under powered cars in the lead with a car like the Boss that has power and handling.

one of the instructors are my home track drives a mini cooper S and he is really fast in that car. Even with all his years of racing semi-pro, slicks on the car, and so on my modest skills turn slightly better lap times.
Old 1/8/12, 07:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shame that such a fun car belongs to such an arrogant pr...
Old 1/8/12, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

What a tool...........

I could tell you about the neighbor who has an S2000.........
Old 1/8/12, 07:06 PM

The way most track events are set up you can only pass in a straight, of which there are only 1 or 2. The guy with the big engine is always in front because when it comes to pass time he pulls away from you. I've spent entire sessions behind people for 14 turns, and they pull away in the straight and never have to give me the wave by. I was in a fast car, they had just souped theirs up. The sole driving skill they had was pressing the gas pedal and it was so painful going so super slow in every single turn. Usually you can pull into the pits and wait for them to go by, but that isn't much fun either. Anyway, just one big reason not to get a handling only car for most track days.
Old 1/8/12, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by GT_350
What a tool...........

I could tell you about the neighbor who has an S2000.........
Come on tell us...
Old 1/8/12, 07:09 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
This thread is frigging hilarious. So some chump in a little Lotus wouldn't bid you the time of day and completely stole your booty at the same time. And you have your whole little support group patting you on the back helping you through this. How did this douche not recognize the utter superiority of the mighty Boss 302. All Lotus and BMW and Ferrari owners should just pull over and let you pass on the highway. Make way for my Boss for it is king of the highway. Lotus dude straight plunked you. Get over it.
With all due respect.
Old 1/8/12, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts

Old 1/8/12, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bluesun
The way most track events are set up you can only pass in a straight, of which there are only 1 or 2. The guy with the big engine is always in front because when it comes to pass time he pulls away from you. I've spent entire sessions behind people for 14 turns, and they pull away in the straight and never have to give me the wave by. I was in a fast car, they had just souped theirs up. The sole driving skill they had was pressing the gas pedal and it was so painful going so super slow in every single turn. Usually you can pull into the pits and wait for them to go by, but that isn't much fun either. Anyway, just one big reason not to get a handling only car for most track days.
Why yes.............that may be true in the novice/beginner run groups.

It also depends on the club you run with as well..............and don't forget the corner workers giving the lead car the Blue Flag.............most events I attend a polite word to the organizers takes care of that guy............

Now, what track(s) do you call home that has a great impact as well.

I guess my home tack is Sebring; it has two configurations the “Club Course” and the 12 Hour Course.

The Club Course is tight and favors the lower horsepower momentum cars so if there’s a guy on my six, point him by………..

On the 12 Hour Course, the Lotus, Mita, S2000 and other momentum cars get run down on the straights and yes I might “hold up” one of those cars a bit though a series of turns our cars can and due run 10-15 seconds a lap faster so I’ll be gone before that driver gets angry………….

In the end it's all about track etiquette and no matter what you have there will always be "that guy" on track.

P.S. Please break your posts up it's hard to read a wall of words!

Last edited by GT_350; 1/8/12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 1/8/12, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
This thread is frigging hilarious. So some chump in a little Lotus wouldn't bid you the time of day and completely stole your booty at the same time. And you have your whole little support group patting you on the back helping you through this. How did this douche not recognize the utter superiority of the mighty Boss 302. All Lotus and BMW and Ferrari owners should just pull over and let you pass on the highway. Make way for my Boss for it is king of the highway. Lotus dude straight plunked you. Get over it.
With all due respect.

you're still allowed on the Boss threads?!?!?!
Old 1/8/12, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby08

you're still allowed on the Boss threads?!?!?!
We allow him to express his Boss envy in many ways. It's the right thing to do considering he is a fellow Mustang owner.
Old 1/8/12, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Come on tell us...
I'm hoping a picture is worth a thousand words.............

It is a S2000 CR it's just the owner..............
Old 1/8/12, 07:53 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
We allow him to express his Boss envy in many ways. It's the right thing to do considering he is a fellow Mustang owner.
And the fact that you couldn't catch me anyways.
Outside looking in guys, it can't be easy to drive sitting on yalls own heads.
Old 1/8/12, 07:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why did you keep talking to him? After the 2nd "THAT CAR", I would have been done with him.
Old 1/8/12, 08:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Maybe he was threatened by the size of your *****. I mean he was driving a Lotus.

Quick Reply: Lol met a punk Arse Lotus owner tonight