Search this Thread

Old 4/25/12, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GHIG on eBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JUST-...item3a739967dc
Old 4/25/12, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 4/25/12, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow ADMs everywhere.
Old 4/25/12, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I bid $3,023.02. Didn't get it.
Old 4/25/12, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
I bid $3,023.02. Didn't get it.
lol, maybe add another 0 before the decimal point.
Old 4/25/12, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Petunia
lol, maybe add another 0 before the decimal point.
No dice, just bid 30230.2.
Old 4/25/12, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry FWIW there is no way in hell id pay over $8k in markup for that car or any car for that matter. I seen the listing yesterday as soon as it was listed. No one will meet reserve on this one as it is to high. This GHIG wont sell just like the other three that are on ebay right now.
Maybe once the dealers realize people won't pay it, maybe they will come down to earth and offer a good deal on a good car??
Sorry.. I hate seeing over priced toys like this..
Old 4/25/12, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by osso12
sorry FWIW there is no way in hell id pay over $8k in markup for that car or any car for that matter. I seen the listing yesterday as soon as it was listed. No one will meet reserve on this one as it is to high. This GHIG wont sell just like the other three that are on ebay right now.
Maybe once the dealers realize people won't pay it, maybe they will come down to earth and offer a good deal on a good car??
Sorry.. I hate seeing over priced toys like this..
I must suck at math because I'm seeing an MSRP of 46k and they want 50k
Old 4/25/12, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I must suck at math because I'm seeing an MSRP of 46k and they want 50k
I suck at math too but I can glance at that and see they are right around 8k off target... as in way the hell too high to even start a negotiation...
Look at your invoice not your msrp...and start there and tell me what you see.

Keep in mind.. If you buy it now at $50k (reserve is very close to $50k too btw)
then you pay shipping, and all your state taxes and any other hidden fees they may have which will off set you around another 3k by the time you get out the door.. Making your full purchase around $53k give or take...
If you do your shopping...you should be able to buy this car around $45.5 out the door including taxes...
If your in california, id ad on maybe a couple of grand to be safe...

Last edited by osso12; 4/25/12 at 12:16 PM.
Old 4/25/12, 12:17 PM
Banned

I suck at math too but I can glance at that and see they are right around 8k off target... as in way the hell too high to even start a negotiation...
Look at your invoice not your msrp...and start there and tell me what you see.
Oh, you want it at cost, so screw the dealer that adds a mark up AND screw the dealer that sells it at Ford's suggestion. :got it:
Old 4/25/12, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Oh, you want it at cost, so screw the dealer that adds a mark up AND screw the dealer that sells it at Ford's suggestion. :got it:
Where did I say I wanted it at cost? Your words not mine.
Yes, I say the dealer should not have to add markup. Why? (if you want to screw him you can, or vice versa)
Because a dealer can STILL make money on the car even if they sale it at invoice because even at invoice is STILL not what they pay FORD for the car.
Fords suggestion on this car is $42,200 not $46,000
Plus a $800 required delivery is still not $46,000.
If you want to pay the adm, go right ahead. That don't mean I have to pay it, or will pay it.

Last edited by osso12; 4/25/12 at 12:26 PM.
Old 4/25/12, 12:37 PM
Banned

Yes, I say the dealer should not have to add markup. Why? (if you want to screw him you can, or vice versa)
Because a dealer can STILL make money on the car even if they sale it at invoice because even at invoice is STILL not what they pay FORD for the car.
If you want to pay the adm, go right ahead. That don't mean I have to pay it, or will pay it.
42k is base. Nobody is forcing you to buy it.
Old 4/25/12, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you not see the window sticker that showed the MSRP with the Recaro/Torsen Pack and Boss Accessory Pack? The MSRP for a 2013 with those options is $45,960! $42,200 is base price BEFORE destination charge from Ford.

If a dealer is only getting 1 car, is it wrong for them to sell it at MSRP? I sold my only allocation at MSRP to a forum member, and my only 2 GT500 allocations AT MSRP (both to forum members)! Am I wrong for doing that? Last time I checked, a new GT500 for MSRP is a good deal. Same for a Boss 302. For all the Focus, Fusion, F150 sales that are done at invoice or a little below or above, a GT500/Boss 302 at MSRP can help the dealers out.

To let you know, if a dealer sold all their cars at or below invoice all the time, they won't be there much longer!! Teddy, a dealer is a business and has a right to make profit. That said, I agree with you on the ADMs. The ones on ebay right now are just stupid! I hate dealers who add $5K, $10K etc to these cars. Just sell it at MSRP, and you'll have a happy customer and the dealer is making out good. But don't say buying a Boss 302 should be done at invoice. That's just silly.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 4/25/12 at 02:11 PM.
Old 4/25/12, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I bid on this, obviously below MSRP for fun.
Got home from work today and had a voicemail from the dealer...
Wanted to sell it to me outright with an ADM and would end the auction early.
Old 4/25/12, 07:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Fleabay
Old 4/25/12, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 4/25/12, 10:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes my $1400 under MSRP deal look real good!
Old 4/25/12, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Did you not see the window sticker that showed the MSRP with the Recaro/Torsen Pack and Boss Accessory Pack? The MSRP for a 2013 with those options is $45,960! $42,200 is base price BEFORE destination charge from Ford.
I don't care what sticker says. Base is BASE before you add any recaros, torsen, carpets, shipping, or a car cover. But by your next statement, I think that is what you are trying to imply. I don't need to look at any sticker if I know what the base price is, let alone invoice.
So... before we get way out in left field is.... Bottom line is the car is too much money....or at least for me... If others were born with a silver spoon in they're mouth
(which I surely was not) buy it. The point of back n forth of what msrp is, options are..blah blah blah, is moot. Do your own research and pay what YOU would pay for the car. As that is all the car is worth anyway...what the buying public will pay.. nothing more, nothing less. Also you may or not be aware that
MOST finance company's will only finance what is insurable on a car... even on new cars....
They (finance institutions) go by the book as well and MSRP or adm makes no flip at all to a financial institution.
Not trying to play hard ball here its just I know there are some inexperienced buyers (not saying I know everything but I have been around) that may pay MORE for a car just because of the fact we live in a "gotta have it now world." Don't be too eager to burn your cold hard earned cash on a adm when its been a proven fact if you wait for something long enough ( I too am guilty of this) and do your research you usually will come out at least OK on a deal and buy the car that you want with all the options that you want. The problem is MOST dealers will not tell you this. They want you to buy it NOW. Case in point, the sales woman I went to go see yesterday was doing everything she could to sell me a GT. I am not in the market for a GT. I told her that more than once.
She wanted me to sit in it, drive it blah blah blah.. She is not there to make me feel "good" she simply wants to sell a car and sell it now.
Sorry for the long post. I am off my soap box now. I know dealers have a right to make money. They have to eat just like you and I. But believe me when I say this... I have said it at least once or twice, and I will say again..Dealers and SALESMEN make money EVEN if it is sold for LESS than invoice So there is NO need to pay ANY ADM! Period. I am done now.

Last edited by osso12; 4/25/12 at 11:40 PM.
Old 4/25/12, 11:42 PM
Banned

I don't care what sticker says. Base is BASE before you add any recaros, torsen, carpets, shipping, or a car cover. But by your next statement, I think that is what you are trying to imply. I don't need to look at any sticker if I know what the base price is, let alone invoice.
So... before we get way out in left field is.... Bottom line is the car is too much money....or at least for me... If others where born with a silver spoon in theyr'e mouth
(which I surely don't) buy it. The point of back n forth of what msrp is, options is moot. Do your own research and pay what YOU would pay for the car. As that is all the car is worth anyway...what the buying public will pay.. nothing more, nothing less. Also you may or not be aware that
MOST finance company's will only finance what is insurable on a car... even on new cars....
They go buy the book as well and MSRP or adm makes no flip at all to a financial institution.
Not trying to play hard ball here its just I know there are some inexperienced buyers (not saying I know everything but I have been around) that may pay MORE for a car just because of the fact we live in a "gotta have it now world." Don't be too eager to burn your cold hard earned cash on a adm when its been a proven fact if you wait for something long enough ( I too am guilty of this) and do your research you usually will come out at least OK on a deal and buy the car that you want with all the options that you want. The problem is MOST dealers will not tell you this. They want you to buy it NOW. Case in point, the sales woman I went to go see yesterday was doing everything she could to sell me a GT. I am not in the market for a GT. I told her that more than once.
She wanted me to sit in it, drive it blah blah blah.. She is not there to make me feel "good" she simply wants to sell a car and sell it now.
Sorry for the long post. I am off my soap box now. I know dealears have a right to make money. They have to eat just like you and I. But believe me when I say this... I have said it at least once or twice, and I will say it again..Dealers and SALESMEN make money EVEN if it is sold for LESS than invoice. Period. I am done now.
lol wow! breathe man breathe
Old 4/25/12, 11:43 PM
Bullitt Member

How convenient for him. Auctions ain't cheap to run.

Quick Reply: GHIG on eBAY