Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Gettting antsy for 2013 MY info...

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/11, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gettting antsy for 2013 MY info...

When can we expect Ford to release ordering info on the B302 and the GT500?

Looked at a comp orange B302 yesterday at a dealer. Had a $15K ADM sticker on it. And the sales guy said they sold the Laguna Seca they had for $100K.....

I drove a 392 Challenger SRT8 yesterday. Fun car, loads of torque and alot of presence but not sure if I'd want a car that big. She's a big girl but not having to deal with Ford dealers over special edition Mustangs just might be worth going to Mopar. I cant even get the larger local Ford dealers to call me back when I've inquired.

Last edited by Randy M; 10/13/11 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10/13/11, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Don't let the dealers get you down, to me they all tell amazing 'stories' . I went to one dealer who just boasted that I would not be able to get a Boss, its the same dealer that someone here recently posted with high admin fees in south Florida. I said nothing walked away and found a better dealer, i paid MSRP and I consider this a high price but the car is worth it to me.

Dont settle for another car if u want a Boss . Shop around. If you post your city and state someone here will know where u should go to buy a Boss.

Agreed the Challenger is a big beast, no comparison to the excellent handling and feel of a Boss IMO.
Old 10/13/11, 10:52 AM
APW

Agree; I was able to find the BOSS I wanted at the right price (MSRP) with the kind help of people posting here. It required a short flight to pick up the car and then a GREAT 500 mi drive home! Do not settle with a greedy dealer. You can get the car you want at MSRP, and maybe less soon.
Old 10/13/11, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Where are you located?

I am selling my CO with 3k miles and we just got in a black LS that isn't sold yet.
Old 10/13/11, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Yeah I'm definitely conflicted between the Boss, GT500 and SRT8 Challenger. If my decision were based solely on performance I'd get a M3 and be done with it, but I'm looking for modern muscle. And I'm looking for a great color. None of the colors/stripe combos Ford has available are all that great. If they were to make a steel blue B302 or Shelby I'd order one. Also if Dodge were to make a Blue Streak Pearl SRT8 with black stripes I'd order one of those.

I've been on the fence for a while on what modern muscle car to get because I want a nice blue. Not too dark and not too cartoony like Ford's Grabber Blue, been there done that. Tired of silvers, red and yellow is too loud, black sucks to own, white doesn't show the great lines of these cars well enough etc. Right now I'd say the green '13 B302 looks the best for what will be available from Ford and I'm anxious to see what colors the 2013 GT500 will available in as well.

Last edited by Randy M; 10/13/11 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10/13/11, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, if you are so conflicted I won't suggest a CO Boss, since you didnt mention not liking Orange. It sounds like you need think this over a bit... Cause for me the Boss sold itself, nuthin' else would do!!!!!
Old 10/13/11, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

I wanted a Boss since I first heard about it last August, ordered it last December for MSRP. I received it in July and couldn't be happier! Some dealers are scum. Shop around or wait for MY13. You won't regret it
Old 10/13/11, 01:53 PM
V6 Member

bos vs srt8

how can you even compare the two, the boss will kill the srt8 in a straight line and as far as cornering, again the two cars are in different leagues
Old 10/13/11, 02:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by billyboss
how can you even compare the two, the boss will kill the srt8 in a straight line and as far as cornering, again the two cars are in different leagues
I agree. Where they are similar however is that they are both modern muscle cars which is what I'm looking for. If pure performance were the #1 priority there are better cars than the B302 as well. I'm not considering a '13 B302 because there's nothing better available from a performance standpoint.

Pros and cons for both. All out performance in a decontented package vs. leather, a better ride, space and other amenities. The price point is very similar once you consider the discounts available on the SRT8. Muscle cars are not all about performance, they're about style as well.

Last edited by Randy M; 10/13/11 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10/13/11, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
I agree. Where they are similar however is that they are both modern muscle cars which is what I'm looking for. If pure performance were the #1 priority there are better cars than the B302 as well. I'm not considering a '13 B302 because there's nothing better available from a performance standpoint.

Pros and cons for both. All out performance in a decontented package vs. leather, a better ride, space and other amenities. The price point is very similar once you consider the discounts available on the SRT8. Muscle cars are not all about performance, they're about style as well.

Disagree. A Hemi Roadrunner is popular because it has a Hemi. The Hemi is worth more than the 440. 440 > 383. Muscle cars have ALWAYS been about perfomance.

Not in any way trying to talk you into or out of anything. You should buy what you like best.
Old 10/13/11, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Disagree. A Hemi Roadrunner is popular because it has a Hemi. The Hemi is worth more than the 440. 440 > 383. Muscle cars have ALWAYS been about perfomance.

Not in any way trying to talk you into or out of anything. You should buy what you like best.
Stripes, emblems, Shelby's name plastered all over the place don't make cars go faster nor corner better. The Mustang/Camaro/Challenger's front end is less than the most efficient way to go about aerodynamics as well. They're about performance and style.
Old 10/13/11, 03:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

A year ago I drove the Mustang GT 5.0 and Roush Stage 2, Challenger SRT8, and Camaro SS. For what I was looking for it was an easy decision and would have bought a GT 5.0 over the SS or SRT8. I was impressed with the SRT8 and really liked the fit and finish. But it's a significantly larger and heavier car than the Mustang so it was a No Go. Good luck on your search.
Old 10/13/11, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Stripes, emblems, Shelby's name plastered all over the place don't make cars go faster nor corner better. The Mustang/Camaro/Challenger's front end is less than the most efficient way to go about aerodynamics as well. They're about performance and style.

Okie dokie

Last edited by PACETTR; 10/13/11 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10/13/11, 04:29 PM
Cobra Member

No offense but sounds to me like you should buy a base model mustang or challenger and build and paint it with aftermarkets that suit your wants and needs!!
Old 10/13/11, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Okie dokie
If you think stripes make your car go faster then more power to you.

Originally Posted by sampey43
No offense but sounds to me like you should buy a base model mustang or challenger and build and paint it with aftermarkets that suit your wants and needs!!
Yeah not into doing that as thats a sure fire way to lose your *** come resale time.
Old 10/13/11, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

If you think stripes make your car go faster then more power to you.

Yeah not into doing that as thats a sure fire way to lose your *** come resale time.

If you think MOPARS sold because they are sexy then you have horrible taste; which explains why you are having such a tough time making a decision.
Old 10/13/11, 05:43 PM
GT Member

If you think MOPARS sold because they are sexy then you have horrible taste; which explains why you are having such a tough time making a decision.
I could understand your comment if I were considering a new Camaro but the new Challenger imo is a great looking car. Anyway, if it were purely about numbers I'd have a supersnake.
Old 10/13/11, 05:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

What makes one muscle car more desirable and valuable over another? It's the engine and the performance that it delivered. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, performance is quantifiable.
Old 10/13/11, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

I could understand your comment if I were considering a new Camaro but the new Challenger imo is a great looking car. Anyway, if it were purely about numbers I'd have a supersnake.
If it's just about numbers then get a GTR. I'm not crazy about the challenger's looks either.
Old 10/13/11, 07:49 PM
GT Member

This clip pretty much sums up the SRT8 for me... and I think it will for you too. Skip to 1:27:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSmoki.../4/IPRTe1xO7nw

I do motorcycle track days so my requirements for a car is most likely different than many of you who put the outright performance of the car you purchase as priority #1. Imho taking a car to the track (compared to a bike) gets to be fairly boring after a few laps. And if its a nice dry day and I feel like hitting the twisties it's going to be on a bike every time.

Last edited by Randy M; 10/13/11 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Gettting antsy for 2013 MY info...