Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Getting REALLY impatient waiting on TracKey!

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/11, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I want some money back from Ford off the sticker price for the Track key...it was advertised as "part" of the Boss experience and it's not available. Complete BS!! I am sorry but I sell cars for a living and if we couldn't provide part of the purchase within 90 days ...let's just say we wouln't promise something we can't deliver. Not ANY dealers fault but Ford's
That's a double edge sword my friend, if Ford held the Boss back, there would probably be a similar complaint against Ford.
Old 8/24/11, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I want some money back from Ford off the sticker price for the Track key...it was advertised as "part" of the Boss experience and it's not available. Complete BS!! I am sorry but I sell cars for a living and if we couldn't provide part of the purchase within 90 days ...let's just say we wouln't promise something we can't deliver. Not ANY dealers fault but Ford's
It's offered as an ACCESSORY that you didn't even pay for yet. It's not a part of the purchase.

Hope it's ready sooner rather than later
Old 8/24/11, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
It's offered as an ACCESSORY that you didn't even pay for yet. It's not a part of the purchase.

Hope it's ready sooner rather than later
Agreed...but let's face it the hype from Ford over the track Boss and Track Key was huge!! It WAS a SELLING point of the car that if it would pass CARB or the EPA would probably be standard otherwise in MY opinion
Old 8/24/11, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Hang in there for the Track Key! While at the Mustang Plant tour last week as part of the Woodward DreamCruise, Dave Pericek (sp??) was their and I asked him where they stand with this. His response was, they have finally cleared all the govt. road blocks and are currently in the 60 - 90 waiting period required by ford or govt. and once this wait time was up, it will be available. He didn't say when this clock started ticking, therefore, should see it at the dealers no later then Mid Oct/Nov!
Old 8/24/11, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

According to Ford when they first announced the Trackkey. The programming of the red key was going to cost $302.00
Old 8/24/11, 08:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by orng302
According to Ford when they first announced the Trackkey. The programming of the red key was going to cost $302.00
It should have been standard equipment or a no cost option.
Old 8/24/11, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davegush
Would have never passed CARB then. In fact CARB probably was sticky on this because it was announced with the car rather than after.
Old 8/24/11, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

/opinion
Old 8/24/11, 09:56 PM
GT Member

I posted this somewhere, but will reply to this comment on paying for the track key programing.
My dealer's salesman told me ther day I left for holidays, if the Trac Key is released while you're on the road and you want it programed by another dealer, you shouldn't have to pay for it.
He went to say there are stories of dealers wanting up to $500 to program the Red Key, but again he said don't pay for it, we're doing all of them for free.
I pass this along as information only,..... your mileage may vary.
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 8/25/11, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by stngfever
Hang in there for the Track Key! While at the Mustang Plant tour last week as part of the Woodward DreamCruise, Dave Pericek (sp??) was their and I asked him where they stand with this. His response was, they have finally cleared all the govt. road blocks and are currently in the 60 - 90 waiting period required by ford or govt. and once this wait time was up, it will be available. He didn't say when this clock started ticking, therefore, should see it at the dealers no later then Mid Oct/Nov!
Great news! I could use the extra preformance plowing SNOW with the Boss.
Old 8/25/11, 01:03 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jouster
I posted this somewhere, but will reply to this comment on paying for the track key programing.
My dealer's salesman told me ther day I left for holidays, if the Trac Key is released while you're on the road and you want it programed by another dealer, you shouldn't have to pay for it.
He went to say there are stories of dealers wanting up to $500 to program the Red Key, but again he said don't pay for it, we're doing all of them for free.
Cheers,
Jouster
That's awesome man. Not all dealers are created equal. And that's the kind of things that keep customers coming back.
Old 8/25/11, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Have any of you guys had your cars dyno tuned. A good tuner can probably get more out of it safely anyways. It sounds like the hold up is that ford can't get the programs right. Maybe they can't reach the hp they are promising safely. Otherwise it makes no sense why the programs aren't available.
So I'm quoting myself here. Seems that it is emissions related and the hold up is pretty much CARB approval. So my question still is; why haven't any of you guys just had custom tunes done instead? And yes, I think people like John Lund can do a better job than the Ford engineers. Especially if Ford is gonna charge you for it anyways. Or at least your dealer will.
Old 8/25/11, 03:06 PM
FR500 Member

So I'm quoting myself here. Seems that it is emissions related and the hold up is pretty much CARB approval. So my question still is; why haven't any of you guys just had custom tunes done instead? And yes, I think people like John Lund can do a better job than the Ford engineers. Especially if Ford is gonna charge you for it anyways. Or at least your dealer will.
Warranty. For more than just the engine.
Old 8/25/11, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks

Warranty. For more than just the engine.
But you can always restore the program to stock before you bring it in. Disconnect the battery after so you have a good excuse for the cleared memory.
Old 8/25/11, 05:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
But you can always restore the program to stock before you bring it in. Disconnect the battery after so you have a good excuse for the cleared memory.
Ford is cracking down on that stuff now, didn't you see any of the TSB fallout threads?

I don't think Boss or Shelby cars are going to have blown piston issues w/ the forged stuff, but they've effectively said that any engine problems, and the car has/had an aftermarket tune, bye bye warranty.
Old 8/25/11, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Additionally a Ford tech on one of these Forums stated these ECUs are not like the previous ones that "lose" programming info when disconnected. He stated Ford can clearly see when another tune was loaded. The info is retained.
Old 8/25/11, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Additionally a Ford tech on one of these Forums stated these ECUs are not like the previous ones that "lose" programming info when disconnected. He stated Ford can clearly see when another tune was loaded. The info is retained.
Bingo !, Just the reason why Im gonna sell my SCTXCAL3, Wont need it for the Boss.
Old 8/25/11, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
Bingo !, Just the reason why Im gonna sell my SCTXCAL3, Wont need it for the Boss.
When the tune is restored to factory tune, I don't think that they can still tell. But maybe there might be a reflash counter in the ecm's now but I doubt it. The way it was done in the past: reflash to factory tune. Then after flash which is now tuned as factory settings, disconnect battery for a minute or so. Touch both cable ends together which will erase all temporary stored memory for sure. Reconnect everything. The only thing that they should be able to detect is that the battery was disconnected at some time. Things may have changed in the last 3 or so years but I doubt it. I understand if you guys don't buy that but it would probably be the route that I would go. Plus I have all the inside people at my local Ford dealer as personal friends. That helps too.
Old 8/25/11, 07:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Al there are a bunch of threads regarding the tune stuff, check em out.

It's always good to have a friend at a dealer!
Old 8/25/11, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jouster
Cheers,
Jouster

I believe with the LS the tune is free. The regular Boss you have to pay. Your salesman might have confused the two. Just preparing you in case you suddenly are being charged for what you thought was going to be free.

Quick Reply: Getting REALLY impatient waiting on TracKey!