Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Getting REALLY impatient waiting on TracKey!

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/11, 07:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting REALLY impatient waiting on TracKey!

I hope it comes out SOON! If not I have been know to do stupid stuff when I finally loose my patience totally..(ProCharger is starting to look good dammit!)
Old 8/20/11, 07:47 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Have any of you guys had your cars dyno tuned. A good tuner can probably get more out of it safely anyways. It sounds like the hold up is that ford can't get the programs right. Maybe they can't reach the hp they are promising safely. Otherwise it makes no sense why the programs aren't available.
Old 8/20/11, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So you are inferring that the Ford engineers who work with these cars every day and have the best equipment and testing facilities available to them can't find a way to get substantially more hp safely from the engine, but a "good tuner" who was just working on a turbo in another Honda Civic a couple hours ago can do it safely? I'm not sure I follow.
Old 8/20/11, 08:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
I hope it comes out SOON! If not I have been know to do stupid stuff when I finally loose my patience totally..(ProCharger is starting to look good dammit!)
Don, I'm not sure I'd have the expectation that TracKey is going to give you the same benefit as a supercharger. It's not been stated that it gives an increase in peak hp/tq, and even it does, it's highly unlikely it would provide that kind of power increase. Of course if you decide to supercharge the Boss, you will have to deal with the heat issues if you intend to keep running your Boss on track.
Old 8/20/11, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by cloud9
So you are inferring that the Ford engineers who work with these cars every day and have the best equipment and testing facilities available to them can't find a way to get substantially more hp safely from the engine, but a "good tuner" who was just working on a turbo in another Honda Civic a couple hours ago can do it safely? I'm not sure I follow.
That's why I asked if any of you guys have went that route. I am not sure what the MUSTANG tuners are doing on those. But it seems that the Ford engineers don't have it right yet. I'm being serious this time. It was an honest question. Not my usual pot stirring.
And my tuner who I use only tunes fords. Mustangs mainly but does Ford GT's and some trucks.

Last edited by AlsCobra; 8/20/11 at 08:14 AM.
Old 8/20/11, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

True enough Gary....I'm just NOT a patient person....I'm the type of guy who puts microwave popcorn in and stands there saying...COME ON DAMMIT!..
I really just want the TracKey and to work on the excessive heat build up issue and enjoy the car...just venting really!
Old 8/20/11, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al, I believe the issues are with the reglatory agencies, and not with Ford.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=54335.0;all

I would take Dave Pericak's word for it.
Old 8/20/11, 09:47 AM

Pretty sure the tune is "right", it's working on the 302 race cars and has been loaded on the cars at MMP IIRC. No issues with the tune. As stated above, the issue is with the regulatory agencies.
Old 8/20/11, 09:54 AM

The only thing that I see would be holding it back as far as regulations is emissions. And if that is the case, it may be damaging the cats. The full race cars are probably not running cats anyways. Not sure if that's it but it very well may be. Emissions standards will definitely hold it back if that's the case.
Old 8/20/11, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's going to happen, when this mythical key comes out and it turns out to be no big deal?
Old 8/20/11, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
The only thing that I see would be holding it back as far as regulations is emissions. And if that is the case, it may be damaging the cats. The full race cars are probably not running cats anyways. Not sure if that's it but it very well may be. Emissions standards will definitely hold it back if that's the case.
Or it could be as Dave said, and it be a reglatory moving target.

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What's going to happen, when this mythical key comes out and it turns out to be no big deal?
What's going to happen when you have anything positive to say about these cars?
Old 8/20/11, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I can only imagine that they had the program right and ready to go right out of the gate. Ford isn't going to talk up something like this and then not be ready for it. I'm sure they want all of us to have it as badly as we do. But our wonderful government isn't always as forgiving when it comes to things like that. I can only imagine it's emissions related and they may have had to go back to change things slightly in the tune to make it pass emissions standards.
Old 8/20/11, 10:49 AM
Cobra R Member

^this.
Old 8/20/11, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe when he gets to post 1000 he will say something positive...or leave and go to another forum
Old 8/20/11, 11:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 8/20/11, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

I'm sure the TracKey is gonna be pretty cool to have, It will be alot of fun to play with and figure out what all it does. I also get asked about it often from admirers. Here's how I look at it; The car itself is awesome and I'm still learning to drive it better and get a huge amount of enjoyment out of owning it and all that entails. I also know from experience that being in a big dither to get something only makes it take longer.
I prefer to enjoy and appreciate what I do have and when more comes it just makes it all the better. My 2 cents...
Old 8/20/11, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dean_acheson

Or it could be as Dave said, and it be a reglatory moving target.

What's going to happen when you have anything positive to say about these cars?
I like the Boss...boom! Head explodes...but come on, this key has been soooo hyped up, can it really live up to it?
Old 8/20/11, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Speaking directly to members of the Ford Boss Team, " DON'T expect some big horsepower gains with the Trackey" It is not HP focused. Its response focused for better track times. If your waiting for more HP, I'd go ahead and get a tune and blowen! That is NOT what the Trackey is!
Old 8/20/11, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bossdog

Speaking directly to members of the Ford Boss Team, " DON'T expect some big horsepower gains with the Trackey" It is not HP focused. Its response focused for better track times. If your waiting for more HP, I'd go ahead and get a tune and blowen! That is NOT what the Trackey is!
I do like the explanation and it makes good sense. Even though I am not on the Ford Boss Team. Snobbish any?
Old 8/20/11, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I do like the explanation and it makes good sense. Even though I am not on the Ford Boss Team. Snobbish any?
Just say'n, it came from the horses mouth.

Quick Reply: Getting REALLY impatient waiting on TracKey!