Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Front LCA Bushing Noises

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/11, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was quick, got a call first thing this morning saying the parts were in and ready to be installed; I'll be dropping the car off again tomorrow morning. I've been in contact with a Ford Customer Service rep during this whole process and she'll be contacting me Friday to verify the noise(s) has stopped. Best customer service experience I've ever had, let alone from an auto manufacturer.

Here's a little more info I found about this issue, still searching the depths of the intarwebs to find the specific TSB.

There was a known problem with these making noise so Ford came out with a fix and redesigned the part.

FORD:2011-2012 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2012 Mustangs built on or before 4/1/2011 may exhibit a grunt/creak/chirp/squeak noise from the front lower control arm hydro bushing. These noises may occur over large vertical bumps like speed bumps, pot holes, rough roads and driveway approaches.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Use chassis ears on the lower control arm hydro bushing bracket tabs to verify noise is coming from the hydro bushing. The hydro bushing is the large diameter bushing at the rear of the control arm.
If the noise is not confirmed as coming from the hydro bushing, do not continue with the article. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 204-00 for normal diagnostics.
If the noise is confirmed as coming from the hydro bushing, replace the lower control arm that is making the noise. Refer to WSM, Section 204-01.

PART NUMBER . . . . . PART NAME
CR3Z-3078-A . . . . . Arm Assy - Right Front
CR3Z-3079-A . . . . . Arm Assy - Left Front

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION . . . DESCRIPTION
110708A . . . . . 2011-2012 Mustang: Replace One (1) Lower Control Arm, Includes Time To Diagnose (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.2 Hrs.
110708B . . . . . 2011-2012 Mustang: Replace Two (2) Lower Control Arms, Includes Time To Diagnose (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.6 Hrs.
Old 7/25/11, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black_bullit, please let us know when you find TSB info online. I took mine in back awhile ago and was told it was fixed but it still makes alot of noise, especially when it gets warm (which is all the time in this weather).

It makes the goaning noise even pulling into a parking lot!
Old 7/25/11, 01:13 PM

Will do, Jeff.
Old 7/25/11, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jhall1957
Black_bullit, please let us know when you find TSB info online. I took mine in back awhile ago and was told it was fixed but it still makes alot of noise, especially when it gets warm (which is all the time in this weather).

It makes the goaning noise even pulling into a parking lot!
I think our cars are twins! In addition to the front end noises, my door sill plastic has the same separation problem, but only on the driver side. Is yours a 1st quarter build? I'm at the dealer now waiting on a diagnosis and browsing online for dodge challengers.
Old 7/26/11, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by atrain1975
I think our cars are twins! In addition to the front end noises, my door sill plastic has the same separation problem, but only on the driver side. Is yours a 1st quarter build? I'm at the dealer now waiting on a diagnosis and browsing online for dodge challengers.

Mine is number 222.
Old 7/26/11, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

My service guy called to say that the TSB mentioned here applies to the Boss and he therefore ordered new control arms which should arrive tomorrow. After that, they're going to disassemble the shifter assembly to located the unrelated rattle. Thumbs up to Ford for willingness to solve problems (but thumbs sideways for the defects).
Old 7/26/11, 12:55 PM

I took the car in first thing this morning, got a call by 11 saying it was ready to be picked up. So far, so good. The Ford Cust Svc rep said she'd call back on Friday to verify the fix. Thanks Deysha & crew!
Old 7/26/11, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

i get a groan when making left turns. sounds like rubber rubbing together. it comes from front left side. should i be worried ?
Old 7/26/11, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
i get a groan when making left turns. sounds like rubber rubbing together. it comes from front left side. should i be worried ?
You could pull your right side wheel and make sure you're not rubbing your brake cooling hose.

Just saw you said it's coming from the left......never mind
Old 7/26/11, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There was a TSB for front lower control arms with improved hydro bushings on the 07-09 GT500s for the same issue. Interesting.
Old 7/26/11, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
There was a TSB for front lower control arms with improved hydro bushings on the 07-09 GT500s for the same issue. Interesting.
Gary-

You alerted me/us to this issue with the nearly identical TSB you had on your Shelby. It would appear that Ford is still using lousy bushings in the front LCAs.

Thanks for the heads up several weeks ago!

Alex
Old 7/26/11, 07:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Gary-

You alerted me/us to this issue with the nearly identical TSB you had on your Shelby. It would appear that Ford is still using lousy bushings in the front LCAs.

Thanks for the heads up several weeks ago!

Alex
Sorry for the repost. Hopefully my memory fades before my reaction time
Old 7/26/11, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Sorry for the repost. Hopefully my memory fades before my reaction time
I think your initial helpful post was on BMO, so it's likely my fault for posting suspension complaints on two forums!
Old 7/27/11, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Mine Creaks Too

My boss seems to have a problem similar to the one addressed by the the following TSB: http://www.stangpit.com/wp-content/i...b/09-24-16.pdf

Has anybody else heard/noticed a grunt/creak/squeak/chirp from the front end when driving over a speed bump or going up a driveway entrance? My boss does this daily, but mostly once the car is warm.

I'm going to the dealership next week, but I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing this issue.
I'm having this happen to me. It only happens when I've driven the car for a while but when it starts creaking it's very noticeable. I can even feel it through the clutch when pulling away from a stop. I plan on dropping my car off at my dealer this Friday and let them fix it while I'm out of town the following week. Hopefully they will be able to fix it instead of just driving it cold and not hearing anything. If I have a problem with my dealership how do I get Ford Customer Service involved?
Old 7/27/11, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SneakyE
I'm having this happen to me. It only happens when I've driven the car for a while but when it starts creaking it's very noticeable. I can even feel it through the clutch when pulling away from a stop. I plan on dropping my car off at my dealer this Friday and let them fix it while I'm out of town the following week. Hopefully they will be able to fix it instead of just driving it cold and not hearing anything. If I have a problem with my dealership how do I get Ford Customer Service involved?
Send Deysha a private message; she is the Ford Customer Service professional who monitors this forum. Also, I recommend that you print the TSB information on this thread and tell the service write at your dealership about it. If you're lucky, he/she will simply order new LCAs without going through the motions. Your issue sounds exactly like mine.
Old 7/28/11, 07:00 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey SneakyE,

Since I have your VIN already, just PM me with your dealer, mileage, and contact info and I can escalate this for you.

Send Deysha a private message; she is the Ford Customer Service professional who monitors this forum. Also, I recommend that you print the TSB information on this thread and tell the service write at your dealership about it. If you're lucky, he/she will simply order new LCAs without going through the motions. Your issue sounds exactly like mine.
Thank you atrain1975!

Deysha
Old 7/28/11, 09:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey SneakyE,

Since I have your VIN already, just PM me with your dealer, mileage, and contact info and I can escalate this for you.

Thank you atrain1975!

Deysha
PM sent. Let me know if you don't see it. You're the best Deysha!
Old 7/28/11, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Hope this isn't a dumb question: does Ford replace faulty LCAs (or any other bad part) with another identical part and hope that the replacement is somehow better, or do they put a different part on?
Old 7/30/11, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

The answer to my dumb question is no; they installed new LCAs that have different / upgraded bushings. Apparently, Ford continues to use the potentially problematic LCAs during assembly because not all go bad. Picked up the car yesterday and zero noises.
Old 8/1/11, 11:34 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Dropped my car off yesterday at the dealer, told them what noises I was hearing and when, and had them note the TSB above. They didn't have to test anything or drive the car anywhere, they called me back saying they had ordered the new arms and would call when they were in. Quick and simple.

Thanks Deysha for helping out with this!
That was quick, got a call first thing this morning saying the parts were in and ready to be installed; I'll be dropping the car off again tomorrow morning. I've been in contact with a Ford Customer Service rep during this whole process and she'll be contacting me Friday to verify the noise(s) has stopped. Best customer service experience I've ever had, let alone from an auto manufacturer.

Here's a little more info I found about this issue, still searching the depths of the intarwebs to find the specific TSB.
I took the car in first thing this morning, got a call by 11 saying it was ready to be picked up. So far, so good. The Ford Cust Svc rep said she'd call back on Friday to verify the fix. Thanks Deysha & crew!
You're the best Deysha!
Awesome news black_bullitt! Super happy to hear it was all taken care of. Thanks to you and SneakyE for the kind words!!

Deysha

Quick Reply: Front LCA Bushing Noises