2012-2013 BOSS 302

Found one in stock locally

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/11, 09:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Found one in stock locally

I currently have a deposit for a Q2 build of a PW w/Recaros and Torsen. Twice I've had to haggle with the salesman for MSRP after he asked for $2k adm.

Well today I found exactly what I ordered in stock at a dealer that's 30 miles away. I talked with a sales rep and he said he though MSRP was fine but he would let me know in the morning. If all goes well I may be driving it this week.

My only fear is knowing if the car has been abused. Seeing a certain youtube video lately worries me a little. I hope most dealers respect their customers more than others.

Wish me luck, I'll let everyone know how it goes in the morning.
Old 3/28/11, 10:38 PM
Cobra Member

Just another lying customer. I guess a man's word is no good these days.

Old 3/29/11, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I would do the same thing if I found one in stock some where that I could get for MSRP.
Old 3/29/11, 07:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR

I'll make sure the dealer I have my order with is okay with it before I switch. Plus I'll even let them keep my deposit if it makes them feel better. The biggest benefit other than getting the car sooner is I can use my $750 coupon I got from Ford. It will expire before my order gets here.

I just saw that the coupon may not work.

Last edited by SneakyE; 3/29/11 at 07:19 AM.
Old 3/29/11, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SneakyE
I just saw that the coupon may not work.
Why not ?? Worked for me ...

Also, If you're worried about how the car MIGHT have been treated, look at the tires, and look inside and around the wheel wells for signs of debris and/or little rock chips. Driving slowly will generally not create these things.

One other thing -- with the new on-board computers these days, is it possible to hook it up to diagnostics and check for the top speed, or other indicators that might indicate abuse? Maybe I should make that question a new thread.
Old 3/29/11, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Why not ?? Worked for me ...

Also, If you're worried about how the car MIGHT have been treated, look at the tires, and look inside and around the wheel wells for signs of debris and/or little rock chips. Driving slowly will generally not create these things.

One other thing -- with the new on-board computers these days, is it possible to hook it up to diagnostics and check for the top speed, or other indicators that might indicate abuse? Maybe I should make that question a new thread.
Thanks!

I visually check the car before I buy it. I don't have a way to check the computer.
Old 3/29/11, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SneakyE
Thanks!

I visually check the car before I buy it. I don't have a way to check the computer.

Not you, the dealer would hook it up to the computer and run a diagnostic check.
Old 3/29/11, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is my understanding that can be done but it is not like an aircraft black box that stores data for hours, the car may have a few seconds of data on it.
Old 3/29/11, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

wait wait wait. So in one thread, you tell a someone he shouldn't be upset because a Dealer advertised a Boss302, essentially saying they'll sell the car, but then turns around and doesn't sell it to the guy.

But in this thread you complain that a customer said he'll buy the car, but turned around and didn't.

Why the double standard?
Old 3/29/11, 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rjaniz
wait wait wait. So in one thread, you tell a someone he shouldn't be upset because a Dealer advertised a Boss302, essentially saying they'll sell the car, but then turns around and doesn't sell it to the guy.

But in this thread you complain that a customer said he'll buy the car, but turned around and didn't.

Why the double standard?

There is a difference between listing a vehicle on your website with a Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price with no commitment to sell and someone having an agreement and backing out on it.

There have been stories of dealers ordering cars at MSRP and then trying to add ADM's after the agreement is made and everyone on here jumps all over the dealer bashing them mercilessly and saying how big of crooks and scum they are, yet NO ONE will say the same when the BUYER does the SAME THING.
Old 3/29/11, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't see how. Ordering a car is not a commitment to buy. It is, as you said, just an agreement.

However, advertising the car at MSRP is also an agreement that you'll sell the car for that much. If they back out/charge more, that's their choice(though it does get close to False Advertising).

So they either are both commitments or both simple agreements.

Last edited by Rjaniz; 3/29/11 at 10:40 AM.
Old 3/29/11, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

When every1 around you knows when their car is coming and a few of us don't. It gets very frustrating and you get the feeling maybe the dealer is just hoping to get a car or lottery win to sell us. That's y I'm ready to jump ship and I don't blame any1 else either. FCS said it's dealer discretion to give quarter build and it's buyers discretion to go with someone that gives this info!
Old 3/29/11, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

the dealer should be happy!! now he can tack on his ADM that the customer haggled him on, and sell it to the hundreds of people lined up to buy a Boss 302 with an ADM!!!
Old 3/29/11, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

There is a difference between listing a vehicle on your website with a Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price with no commitment to sell and someone having an agreement and backing out on it.

There have been stories of dealers ordering cars at MSRP and then trying to add ADM's after the agreement is made and everyone on here jumps all over the dealer bashing them mercilessly and saying how big of crooks and scum they are, yet NO ONE will say the same when the BUYER does the SAME THING.
because it's a consumers market, thats why.

plus if the customer jumps ship; there are plenty of other people out there who they can sell a mustang to. It's not like they had to special order a pink V6 and theres no one else out there that'll buy the car. It's a Boss 302 for god's sake.
Old 3/29/11, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
When every1 around you knows when their car is coming and a few of us don't. It gets very frustrating and you get the feeling maybe the dealer is just hoping to get a car or lottery win to sell us. That's y I'm ready to jump ship and I don't blame any1 else either. FCS said it's dealer discretion to give quarter build and it's buyers discretion to go with someone that gives this info!
+1

If it is Dealer discretion, why wouldn't they tell a customer with a deposit & order pending? I can't see the benefit of withholding this info. If I were to bail on them, am I just another lying customer?
Old 3/29/11, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

I don't see how. Ordering a car is not a commitment to buy. It is, as you said, just an agreement.

However, advertising the car at MSRP is also an agreement that you'll sell the car for that much. If they back out/charge more, that's their choice(though it does get close to False Advertising).

So they either are both commitments or both simple agreements.
Ordering a car IS a commitment to buy. Advertising a car with a MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED price is NOT an agreement that you'll sell a car at that price.

Two totally different scenarios.

I actually agree with this. IMO a dealer should at least provide the build quarter. I would have no problem with someone jumping ship if this info wasn't given.

Originally Posted by smbstyle
the dealer should be happy!! now he can tack on his ADM that the customer haggled him on, and sell it to the hundreds of people lined up to buy a Boss 302 with an ADM!!!
LOL

Originally Posted by smbstyle
because it's a consumers market, thats why.

plus if the customer jumps ship; there are plenty of other people out there who they can sell a mustang to. It's not like they had to special order a pink V6 and theres no one else out there that'll buy the car. It's a Boss 302 for god's sake.
More double talk. If it's not OK for the dealer to back out it's not OK for the consumer.
Old 3/29/11, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

I bailed. Waiting to see if they are giving my deposit back.
Old 3/29/11, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

I bailed. Waiting to see if they are giving my deposit back.
Legally they have to.
Old 3/29/11, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordering a car IS a commitment to buy. Advertising a car with a MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED price is NOT an agreement that you'll sell a car at that price.
Absolutely false.

It is not a commitment to buy. If it was, there would be a binding contract that the buyer would have to suffer some consequence for backing out of the deal and payment for the car would commence immediately with or without the car. As it is, there is nothing. The dealer is not even legally allowed to keep the deposit the buyer gave(as you just stated while I was typing this).

However advertising a car at a price, whether at Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, their retail price, or Hobo Jim's retail price from down the street, is binding. To change it once you get there is in violation of the law. Now if there was, on the website, something prominently saying "This is not the price, but rather what the MSRP is." that's one thing. But if it's advertised at that price and he goes in and they say "Sorry, it's going to be more.", then that's illegal.

So yes, advertising with a price is an agreement that you will sell, whatever it is you're selling, for that price. The only thing left for debate is whether or not it's legal for you to charge more for the sale...

Last edited by Rjaniz; 3/29/11 at 11:36 AM.
Old 3/29/11, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Absolutely false.

It is not a commitment to buy. If it was, there would be a binding contract that the buyer would have to suffer some consequence for backing out of the deal and payment for the car would commence immediately with or without the car. As it is, there is nothing. The dealer is not even legally allowed to keep the deposit the buyer gave(as you just stated while I was typing this).

So you are OK with a dealer agreeing to order a car at MSRP and then adding an ADM once the car arrives?

At MY store, it IS a commitment to buy. Not one I can legally enforce, but it is understood by both parties involved. Why else would I order a car to a particular customer's specs?

However advertising a car at a price, whether at Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, their retail price, or Hobo Jim's retail price from down the street, is binding. To change it once you get there is in violation of the law. Now if there was, on the website, something prominently saying "This is not the price, but rather what the MSRP is." that's one thing. But if it's advertised at that price and he goes in and they say "Sorry, it's going to be more.", then that's illegal.

So yes, advertising with a price is an agreement that you will sell, whatever it is you're selling, for that price. The only thing left for debate is whether or not it's legal for you to charge more for the sale...

Wrong. The MSRP is just that. As a dealer I don't have to sell anything on my lot to anyone for any reason. I can refuse to sell any car for any reason any time.

Are you OK with a vehicle being advertised at MSRP and being sold for less? Is that false advertising?

Quick Reply: Found one in stock locally