Ford no longer does track key? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Ford no longer does track key?

Old 8/5/16, 10:58 AM   #1
GT Member

Ford no longer does track key?

This is a response I received after 2 months of waiting for a dealership to get the track key.

Mike,

I spoke with ford performance parts on your track key. They only sold the kit for a 2 month span due to software issues.
They stopped production because none of the programming works so all customers who have it still arenít able to gain the performance
and options that are supposed to come the track key. The representative I spoke with said that they are still working on trying to figure out a fix
for the problem. Currently there is no expected release date of when this will be taken care of or when they are going to re-release this.

I am sincerely sorry for the poor communication that has taken place on this issue. If you have any further questions please give me a call.
I tried to reach you by phone but wasnít successful from the number I was given.

Is this true? If not, can someone direct me to someone in mid to south west Michigan who will do track key flash?

Thanks
mikes70mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 8/5/16, 12:40 PM   #2
Mach 1 Member

I have heard the TracKey is no longer available, but the story I heard indicates it's due to a change in the IDS software and dealers can no longer perform the flash. Even people who've purchased it have to send their ECU to Ford Performance to get reflashed.

Trackey Discontinued

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 8/5/16 at 12:42 PM.
berzerk_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/5/16, 03:54 PM   #3
GT Member

So does the track cal for 2013-14 GTs also work for a 13 boss? Or is there another tuner I can buy to accomplish what track key did? Launch control. Engine braking. All that
mikes70mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/5/16, 07:13 PM   #4
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes70mustang
So does the track cal for 2013-14 GTs also work for a 13 boss? Or is there another tuner I can buy to accomplish what track key did? Launch control. Engine braking. All that
I'm a GT owner so I'm not sure. But honestly without the convenience of switching tunes with the key I'd be looking at a dyno tune.
Old 8/5/16, 07:17 PM   #5
Shelby GT500 Member

Not that I know of. I know tuners can play with the engine braking, but the launch control is almost always done with a 2 step.
ford20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/5/17, 03:39 PM   #6
Bullitt Member

2012/2013 BOSS TracKey tune is back! Retails $689.00 per Ford Performance. Discounted to $573.85 at Levittown Ford site.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-MBTKA
chorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/17, 05:13 PM   #7
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse View Post
2012/2013 BOSS TracKey tune is back! Retails $689.00 per Ford Performance. Discounted to $573.85 at Levittown Ford site.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-MBTKA
So it is back at twice the price?
Dayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/17, 05:44 PM   #8
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
So it is back at twice the price?
appears so, but apparently this 2.0 version has some additional features;
Kit comes with a Procal 2 calibration tool with the exclusive TracKey calibration and a performance air filter. Additionally-this tool offers the ability to modify tire size and gear ratio settings in the calibration.
chorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/10/17, 01:12 PM   #9
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse View Post
appears so, but apparently this 2.0 version has some additional features;
Kit comes with a Procal 2 calibration tool with the exclusive TracKey calibration and a performance air filter. Additionally-this tool offers the ability to modify tire size and gear ratio settings in the calibration.
For twice the price. Those features don't even come close to what they want.
Now if they also offered more HP and maybe the original Loppy Idle.
The loppy idle was what many people looked forward to. Then Ford (after many cars were sold already) pulled the rug out from under the early owners. I was one of them and it left a mark on my feelings towards Ford.

I would love to get TK. But for the money and what it offers... I just cant see it.
What also left a mark is when they offered TK to GT owners. TK was to be a Boss only option when it first was announced for the 2012 and 2013.
If FORD held true to Boss only Track Key install. I would say yep got to have it to complete the Boss package. I now went with an after market tune and can not see spending anything towards TK. However these are just my feelings. Others may feel different and that's OK.
boss man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/10/17, 01:24 PM   #10
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss man
For twice the price. Those features don't even come close to what they want.
Now if they also offered more HP and maybe the original Loppy Idle.
The loppy idle was what many people looked forward to. Then Ford (after many cars were sold already) pulled the rug out from under the early owners. I was one of them and it left a mark on my feelings towards Ford.

I would love to get TK. But for the money and what it offers... I just cant see it.
What also left a mark is when they offered TK to GT owners. TK was to be a Boss only option when it first was announced for the 2012 and 2013.
If FORD held true to Boss only Track Key install. I would say yep got to have it to complete the Boss package. I now went with an after market tune and can not see spending anything towards TK. However these are just my feelings. Others may feel different and that's OK.
The lopey idle is included. According to the Ford Performance link the new TracKey includes:

- Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
- Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
- Lopey idle

The other list was just for the ProCal tool.
Old 7/11/17, 01:05 PM   #11
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980 View Post
The lopey idle is included. According to the Ford Performance link the new TracKey includes:

- Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
- Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
- Lopey idle

The other list was just for the ProCal tool.
Sorry I should of been more clear.
I was speaking of the lopey idle that was advertised when TK was being designed. Its what many of us thought we were getting. That's why TK took so long to come out. I think my car was 6 months old before they finally offered TK. But what they offered was different form what was sold. That's because TK could not pass 50 state emissions and the lopey idle was watered down to barley nothing. If you ever heard the original Lopey idle to what you get today..It's night and day difference.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
boss man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/12/17, 01:58 AM   #12
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss man
Sorry I should of been more clear.
I was speaking of the lopey idle that was advertised when TK was being designed. Its what many of us thought we were getting. That's why TK took so long to come out. I think my car was 6 months old before they finally offered TK. But what they offered was different form what was sold. That's because TK could not pass 50 state emissions and the lopey idle was watered down to barley nothing. If you ever heard the original Lopey idle to what you get today..It's night and day difference.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Ah got it. I never heard the prototype, wish I had.
Old 7/16/17, 04:27 PM   #13
Bullitt Member

I will probably get it if it goes on sale or something, just to have the "complete" Boss package. No added horsepower kind of makes it a take it or leave it item though.
Old 7/16/17, 10:12 PM   #14
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayve
I will probably get it if it goes on sale or something, just to have the "complete" Boss package. No added horsepower kind of makes it a take it or leave it item though.
On the GT version there is a noticeable bump in low end torque, which is better than horsepower IMHO.
Old 7/17/17, 03:51 PM   #15
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayve
Even though they claim no horsepower or additional torque it truly makes mine one nasty feeling and sounding bvtch!!! The only battery I've had to replace so far has been on my red key fob! My grey key fob is seldom ever used!
Mustang Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #16
Bullitt Member

I must made sure my Red Key was still in the Boss glove compartment, where I thought I left it. It was, so, if or when it goes on sale, I will be interested, but not for over $400, at the very most! Ford sux on so many levels.....