Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/11, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust!

Those of you that have your cars. Would you change the exhaust? Mostly meaning just axle back. And if so, what are you looking at?! Or does it not need to be messed with? I know everyone's opinions on the matter will vary, just trying to see what everyone thinks so far.
Old 3/24/11, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Nccstud
Those of you that have your cars. Would you change the exhaust? Mostly meaning just axle back. And if so, what are you looking at?! Or does it not need to be messed with? I know everyone's opinions on the matter will vary, just trying to see what everyone thinks so far.

Stay tuned...Evolution Performance is doing my exhaust, and tune, and intake next Tuesday!! It's still under wraps as far as details but you guys will be the first to know everything and see the all important dyno vids!!
Old 3/24/11, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy

Stay tuned...Evolution Performance is doing my exhaust, and tune, and intake next Tuesday!! It's still under wraps as far as details but you guys will be the first to know everything and see the all important dyno vids!!

NICE!!!!
Old 3/24/11, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Interesting, I'm looking forward to this
Old 3/25/11, 12:04 AM
V6 Member

Picked up my car today guys and I have to tell you the sound without the discs is fantastic! So happy, that I have no intention of changing a thing. I write this for the folks who have not taken delivery. I know every enthusiast has their own taste, but I would like everyone waiting for their cars to know how nice it truly does sound!
Old 3/25/11, 08:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ugh....I really wish you would have went to someone else but it should be interesting. Not sure why you are modding it though. I would have waited until Ford released the tune first.

Last edited by bpmurr; 3/25/11 at 08:43 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Ugh....I really wish you would have went to someone else but it should be interesting. Not sure why you are modding it though. I would have waited until Ford released the tune first.
Why the ugh? Why wait until summer when I can have it tuned now? BTW I have many details to share, just wait...
Old 3/25/11, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Why the ugh? Why wait until summer when I can have it tuned now? BTW I have many details to share, just wait...
Old 3/25/11, 01:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by swa737
Picked up my car today guys and I have to tell you the sound without the discs is fantastic! So happy, that I have no intention of changing a thing. I write this for the folks who have not taken delivery. I know every enthusiast has their own taste, but I would like everyone waiting for their cars to know how nice it truly does sound!
Thanks for sharing.

Is it too loud for the MAN?
Old 3/25/11, 02:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by swa737
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be in this camp.
Old 3/25/11, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Have to agree with you here.

The complexity of a multipath ECU tune I am sure will require an extensive knowledge of the interrelationship all the variable have with each other. Some variables, no doubt will be related to others, some will not. It is believed the TrackKey (when approved) will modify nearly 600 different vehicle variables. And this was developed by the Ford Engineering Team with intimate knowledge of how-and-what all the parameters are suppose to do. To expect a “Tuner” (no matter how good he is) to know more about setting up this new Boss engine is IMO unrealistic and foolish.

I would at least wait for the TrackKey version…
Old 3/25/11, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by P0 Corsa

The complexity of a multipath ECU tune I am sure will require an extensive knowledge of the interrelationship all the variable have with each other. Some variables, no doubt will be related to others, some will not. It is believed the TrackKey (when approved) will modify nearly 600 different vehicle variables. And this was developed by the Ford Engineering Team with intimate knowledge of how-and-what all the parameters are suppose to do. To expect a “Tuner” (no matter how good he is) to know more about setting up this new Boss engine is IMO unrealistic and foolish.

I would normally would agree with you, but...Please have some patience as what we are doing is completely unreal. There has been a ton a R&D done on this This is going to be the "First" consumer owned Boss tuned by a "well known" tuner and it's going to be ground breaking!!!!

All details to follow next week!!!! And I will start another thread...
Old 3/25/11, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Please link here.
Old 3/25/11, 03:18 PM

I would normally would agree with you, but...Please have some patience as what we are doing is completely unreal. There has been a ton a R&D done on this This is going to be the "First" consumer owned Boss tuned by a "well known" tuner and it's going to be ground breaking!!!!

You're setting some pretty high expectations here. Good luck.
Old 3/25/11, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

To think that Ford tunes are somehow superior in every aspect is foolish. Have you seen what an aftermarket tune does for an FRPP Super Pack?

Evo is know for being one of the best late model tuners in the country.

I am anxious to see the results and I hope to perform similar mods to mine.
Old 3/25/11, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would normally would agree with you, but...Please have some patience as what we are doing is completely unreal. There has been a ton a R&D done on this.
Ok, I understand and will be interested in hearing your results.

Originally Posted by PACETTR
To think that Ford tunes are somehow superior in every aspect is foolish.
Our opinions differ.

And the establishment of defining the term "superior" (a descripter which I did NOT use in my post) is too broad for any of us to agree upon.

I merely stated the obvious - who knows more about the programming intricies of the engine/vehicle, the Ford engineers or XXX tune shop.
Old 3/25/11, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Ok, I understand and will be interested in hearing your results.

Our opinions differ.

And the establishment of defining the term "superior" (a descripter which I did NOT use in my post) is too broad for any of us to agree upon.

I merely stated the obvious - who knows more about the programming intricies of the engine/vehicle, the Ford engineers or XXX tune shop.
Who cares about intricies?

Ford tunes for the idiots. The guys(gals) that will run 87 octane and lug the car up a hill in 100* heat at high elevation. Or the one who doesn't know to pay attention to engine vitals.

Aftermarket tuners cater to the enthusiasts who care enough to run the best fuel, monitor temps, not flog on it irresponsibly, etc.

Ford = safe
Aftermarket = realizing potential
Old 3/25/11, 04:43 PM
GT Member

I am really curious on your results of the tune. Can't wait to see the results.

Ron
Old 3/25/11, 06:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR

Who cares about intricies?

Ford tunes for the idiots. The guys(gals) that will run 87 octane and lug the car up a hill in 100* heat at high elevation. Or the one who doesn't know to pay attention to engine vitals.

Aftermarket tuners cater to the enthusiasts who care enough to run the best fuel, monitor temps, not flog on it irresponsibly, etc.

Ford = safe
Aftermarket = realizing potential
Awesome! Ford tuned it for me

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/25/11, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Awesome! Ford tuned it for me

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
Yep I'm an idiot too.

Quick Reply: Exhaust!